Which side would you rather have? *POLL*

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side would you rather have?

Marvin Jones
46%
Golladay, C. Coleman
46%
Even
7%

Total votes: 28

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Which side would you rather have? *POLL*

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:53 am

Team A (rebuilding team) gives away Marvin Jones
Team B (contending team) gives away Kenny Golladay, Corey coleman

Won't say which team I am but was told that this is "not even close".

Any comments on which side needs to add and how much are greatly appreciated.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Which side would you rather have? *POLL*

Postby prinefan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 am

I see a win-win here for both teams. If I was rebuilding and knew I was more than a year away from competing, I'd take Golly and Coleman. Contending, Jones obviously. I've seen enough from Golladay to trust in his future. Coleman doesn't scare me as much as his situation does but that won't be forever.

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:30 am

prinefan wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 am I see a win-win here for both teams. If I was rebuilding and knew I was more than a year away from competing, I'd take Golly and Coleman. Contending, Jones obviously. I've seen enough from Golladay to trust in his future. Coleman doesn't scare me as much as his situation does but that won't be forever.
:thumbup:

topher
All Pro
All Pro

Postby topher » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 am

If I am rebuilding trading away Jones, I am going to ask for more than this. I'm a Browns fan and like Coleman, but I have 0 love for Golladay. I also think Jones is criminally under rated. I get the trade from the scenario standpoint, but I easily see Jones helping a contending team more than Coleman helps a rebuilding.

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:46 am

SCYCPA wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:30 am
prinefan wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 am I see a win-win here for both teams. If I was rebuilding and knew I was more than a year away from competing, I'd take Golly and Coleman. Contending, Jones obviously. I've seen enough from Golladay to trust in his future. Coleman doesn't scare me as much as his situation does but that won't be forever.
:thumbup:
x3

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:26 am

topher wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 am If I am rebuilding trading away Jones, I am going to ask for more than this. I'm a Browns fan and like Coleman, but I have 0 love for Golladay. I also think Jones is criminally under rated. I get the trade from the scenario standpoint, but I easily see Jones helping a contending team more than Coleman helps a rebuilding.
I agree I should get more, I am sellng Jones so I know I need to discount him.
I'm in "productive struggle" for 2018 with very little depth, looking to take some shots on guys hoping they ascend in value. Probably looking at being successful in 2020, depending on if Michel (whom I am taking with the #1 pick this year), N'Keal Harry, and Metcalf (whom I already have in this devy league) become contributors.
In my eyes, I was discounting Jones by a fair bit, but the response of "not even close" made me wonder a bit. Guy on the other end of this trade is very difficult to work with but expressed interest in acquiring Jones, so a comment like that ("not even close") suggests we won't get a deal done. Poll and comments suggest otherwise so I'll look elsewhere..
Thanks for the input!

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:38 am

Jones. I don’t think either on the other side will reach Jones’ current production level.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:20 pm

I'd rather have Jones regardless of team makeup, but value wise, it's close.

jonesmaster
Starter
Starter

Postby jonesmaster » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:57 pm

I try and look at players in 3 year windows. Marvin Jones is the best of them all, and that makes me take him. He'll hold his value, or close to it over that period. Others might really tank
8-team SF / 0.5 PPR / TE (Full PPR) Scoring: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K (Only relevant players listed)

QB: Kyler , Dak , R. Wilson, Dimes, Kenny P
RB: AK , Mostert
WR: Godwin , Deebo , Dotson , Hollywood, Addison, E. Moore
TE: Andrews , Njoku, LaPorta, Washington, Mayer
D/ST: Bills / Philly

Picks : 2024: 3 firsts; 2025: 3 firsts; 2026: 4 firsts