Julio vs 1.2

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Julio vs 1.2

Postby cvbuc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Rookie fever strikes again.
I would not sell Julio for the 1.02

If anything, flip him for more proven young assets that have actually taken an NFL snap.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:26 am

cvbuc wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:04 pm Rookie fever strikes again.
I would not sell Julio for the 1.02

If anything, flip him for more proven young assets that have actually taken an NFL snap.
i think this thought/dynasty league philosophy was golden 2 years ago, the community has grown....and trades like this just dont happen anymore in my leaugues. granted i play in several leagues, but i have offers come in weekly that have me receiving the "older/proven wr's" for my young "studs" plus. since most of my leagues were formed from the help wanted here, I simply point to the adp here and say....im giving the equal-better asset (in some instances), why would I be the 1 adding? those saying that if they were to move julio, it would take multiple young proven guys, may also be the guys holding until retirement or accepting a late 1st early 2nd for him in a year or 2.

make no mistake, i like julio, believe he will be a nice option for a few more years. if you are a contender, prefer him to the 1.2. since ive been playing for several years, i have shares of all the "old guys" and know that more often than not....im not likely to receive fair value if i do decide to move them. those commenting that it would take multiple young proven guys or upside guys....would you pay that in most instances?

i anticipate julio's value to remain in the 10-20 range this offseason, and quite honestly, a strong possibility that he's outside the top 20 next offseason. im guessing that those advocating multiple young assets are talking something like jordan howard and funch for julio? not sure the big gap between that and 1.2 (with the assumtion that an owner is looking to buy the 1.2, which is the case here). as i look around adp of howard (basically sitting at 40)....arguements could be made that you could get a top 40 plus something small...but im just struggling to see how most competitive teams would pay a couple top 40 guys which i feel is what your suggesting. to keep it simple and as mentioned before....julio is not likely to fit with every team in your league. do you anticipate the bad teams paying premium picks plus for a 30yr old? do you suspect competitive teams are going to trade you 2 of their best assets for a small upgrade on the stat sheet?

i guess the main take is that our op may be able to find someone willing to give a couple top 40 guys for the aging vet, but even then, what kind of proven commodities will he be able to get. he as went after the 1.2, and i honestly am suprised that he found a partner willing to give the 2 for julio.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:00 am

I think its a fair and great cash out for Julio now. Especially if the other team can use him more than you can. Not much gas left in the tank me thinks
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Snickers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Snickers » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:25 am

I actually made this trade for the 1.02 but it was

Julio Jones
2018 3rd round pick

for

2018 1.02
2019 First round pick
2019 Third round pick
Randall Cobb

Team 1 in signature. We are switching for a 12 keeper to a dynasty and we had an expansion draft at the same time so I lost Kupp and Duke Johnson Jr.
T1: 12-team, dynasty, 22 roster (3 IR) | 1pt ppr | FAAB/Rook Draft
QB | 2RB | 2WR | TE | FLEX | K | DST
QB Winston, Mahomes, Mariota
RB Hunt, Penny, Michel
WR A. Cooper, D. Thomas, D. Moore, Doctson, M. Williams, Doctson, Sutton
TE OJ Howard, Hooper, Butt
K None
DST: None

T2: 16-team, 13-keeper, 17 roster (2 IR) | 1pt ppr | FA/Rookie Draft
QB | 2RB | 3WR | TE | FLEX | K | DST
QB Winston, Mahomes
RB Hunt, Freeman, Ro. Jones
WR Cooks, D. Thomas, Landry, Kupp, Watkins, Robinson, K. Benjamin, Godwin
TE Graham
K None
DST: None
2018 3.2

T3: 12-team, dynasty, 25 roster (2 IR) | .5pt ppr | FAAB/Rookie Draft
QB | 2RB | 2WR | TE | FLEX | DST
QB Goff, Mariota, Dalton, Tannehill
RB Freeman, Hyde, Powell, Perine, Gallman
WR Beckham, Dez Bryant, A. Robinson, Kupp, Godwin, Reynolds, A. Wilson, C. Williams
TE Engram, Howard, Butt
DST Rams, Falcons
2018 1.3 3.1 4.5 4.12