Julio vs 1.2

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyFreakGuru
Starter
Starter

Re: Julio vs 1.2

Postby FantasyFreakGuru » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:24 am

Julio is a better Real life WR then fantasy... its proven year after year.
12 team league (Year One) Updated Week 14 2018 Season
DYNASTY GIANTS - 1pt PPR League Qb, Rb, Rb, Wr, Wr, Te, Flex (WR/RB/TE) K, D
Team Name: Keep It Green

QB-Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Barber
WR- Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, Doug Baldwin, Nelson Agholor, Marvin Jones, Dede Westbrook, John Brown, Taywan Taylor
TE-Austin Hooper, Jimmy Graham, Ian Thomas
K&DEF- Matchup Stream Weekly
2019 pick Early 2nd, Late 2nd, Late 3rd, Late 4th
------------------------------------

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:38 am

EAGLES wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:40 am He changed things up and is now thinking over the following:

Give: Julio & 2019 2nd
Get: 2018 1.2, Godwin, K. Cole, 2019 3rd
I like this deal for you. Yes it sucks that the 2nd back rookie runningback, who is extremely unproven and could very well bust, is valued at close to the great Julio Jones' level- but this fits your team needs and Godwin is a nice addition that is worth more than the 19 2nd and Cole is more than just a throw in

I would do this, I understand it stings though, but unless you plan on holding Julio and banking on him starting the season with 3-4 big games and selling him then to a contender in need of a WR1 (which isn't a bad idea) this is as good as its gonna get
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 am

skip wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:42 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:29 am No way I give up a top 5 WR that can win me the title the next 2 or 3 years for some rookie
Neither would I. I prefer Julio to 1.01. No way would I make this trade.
Agree with both AresGodOWar and Skip. However, I’m taking into account my league. At the beginning of last season, I let the entire league know Julio was up for grabs. Only one person showed interest and they wanted a 1 for 1 trade with their player being of less value and talent.

With that said, this may be the best I can get for him in my league. I originally tried to make a trade with him that would include the 1.2 and Arob, but he’s not willing to move Arob. And Nuk is out of the question.

This league goes bananas for rookie picks when it nears our rookie draft. So, if I were to do this trade, my thought process was that I may be able to get good value for the 1.2. If not, take Guice or Barkley, if he falls to me.

The way this league is, I see Julio falling off a cliff in value after this season due to him turning 30.
Message me if you’d like to add some flare to your MLF dynasty leagues. Custom team graphics and more...

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:00 am

EAGLES wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:49 am With that said, this may be the best I can get for him in my league.
So it sounds like your rationale here is based on loss in value, which I understand to a point...but I think you are sacrificing a LOT of production in making this trade. Looking at your sig, this would require you to start Jordy or presumably Cole who you get in this deal in place of Julio. I wouldn't be able to stomach that just to get Guice(?). Or it operates on the assumption that you can get a better option in return for the 1.2 later. This isn't a trade I'd be comfortable making but I don't think anything other than the 1.02 is worth much on the return.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:58 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:29 am No way I give up a top 5 WR that can win me the title the next 2 or 3 years for some rookie , If you don't have a chance to win flip him for couple younger stars , Maybe something like Adams and Mixon or whatever
Devante Adams and mixon for julio? I thibk there's 0 chance that happens

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 am

darewood11 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:58 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:29 am No way I give up a top 5 WR that can win me the title the next 2 or 3 years for some rookie , If you don't have a chance to win flip him for couple younger stars , Maybe something like Adams and Mixon or whatever
Devante Adams and mixon for julio? I thibk there's 0 chance that happens
This.

As an owner of both Julio and Adams, I wouldn't give Adams to acquire Julio straight up and I sure as hell wouldn't add anything on top.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:08 am

No way I would give Julio for Adams , I wanna see Adams do something vs #1 CBs with Nelson gone now because we seen how he did when Nelson missed the year
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:39 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:08 am No way I would give Julio for Adams , I wanna see Adams do something vs #1 CBs with Nelson gone now because we seen how he did when Nelson missed the year
Agreed. Adams isn't on the same tier as Julio. I do think asking for Adams/Mixon is too much but just Adams isn't enough.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:08 am

kilgorextrout wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:28 pm Come now, he's not THAT old. Give me the proven commodity here still performing at a high level. Julio for me.
He's always banged up. Bigger guy, had a ton of injuries. A 29 year old Calvin Johnson wasn't "that old" either. I don't see Julio lasting much longer either. A guy like AB seems like he could play forever. I'd be cashing out on Julio now. You don't want to get stuck with a hot potato. You got his best years, then you can get a decent receiver and a top rookie pick to re-stock with after his best years are done? That's a win for me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

cornhole2412
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cornhole2412 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:31 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:08 am No way I would give Julio for Adams , I wanna see Adams do something vs #1 CBs with Nelson gone now because we seen how he did when Nelson missed the year
Jordy wasn't drawing the number 1 corner last year. Adams was.
All my teams suck. And I'm not in your league.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:54 am

:wtf: Sure it wasn't Michael Clark Duncan ? :wtf:

Turned out in this version Jordy was the one who walked " The Green Bay Mile " :sick:

Guess Nelson looked washed up ... " Tired, real tired" to the Boss

But don't shed any tears for Jordy,he breathed life back into his career by joining Chuckie although I suspect he'll be sittin' on the dock in the bay. His fantasy relevancy ship has sailed

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 am

Can't get on board with the Julio>>1.01 statements here. First of all, in trade value alone within the rest of your league mates, the 1.01 is the better piece to have. Everybody can use Saquon on their team, no rebuild team wants Julio, so with 1.01 you have 11 trade partners, with Juilo you have what, 6? Secondly, unless every single scout and talent evaluator is wrong, Barkley is going to be a top tier dynasty back for the foreseeable future, and I would argue his production could very well equal or beat Julio's every year Julio plays from this point on, even if you decide to keep the 1.01. Not sure the upside to keeping Julio over the 1.01. There are no guarantees Julio produces 2-3 years of WR1 numbers, either.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 am Can't get on board with the Julio>>1.01 statements here. First of all, in trade value alone within the rest of your league mates, the 1.01 is the better piece to have. Everybody can use Saquon on their team, no rebuild team wants Julio, so with 1.01 you have 11 trade partners, with Juilo you have what, 6? Secondly, unless every single scout and talent evaluator is wrong, Barkley is going to be a top tier dynasty back for the foreseeable future, and I would argue his production could very well equal or beat Julio's every year Julio plays from this point on, even if you decide to keep the 1.01. Not sure the upside to keeping Julio over the 1.01. There are no guarantees Julio produces 2-3 years of WR1 numbers, either.
I don't think anyone made the statement that Julio was worth that much more than 1.01. I prefer him to 1.01, but I also understand the other side. The discussion here is vs. 1.02 which we all know is a significant drop off from the value of 1.01. Likelihood of whomever that is outproducing Julio is a lot lower. My problem with the proposed trade is I just don't think the rest of the pieces offer much... Godwin? Cole? These are ultimately going to be more roster filler/upside than actually useful in a lineup. If the deal is going to be for the 1.02, I want just one additional piece that is better than these options.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:37 pm

I also would have considered the first. I was going to say, add Godwin if you can. So I would do the counter.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:15 pm

skip wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 am Can't get on board with the Julio>>1.01 statements here. First of all, in trade value alone within the rest of your league mates, the 1.01 is the better piece to have. Everybody can use Saquon on their team, no rebuild team wants Julio, so with 1.01 you have 11 trade partners, with Juilo you have what, 6? Secondly, unless every single scout and talent evaluator is wrong, Barkley is going to be a top tier dynasty back for the foreseeable future, and I would argue his production could very well equal or beat Julio's every year Julio plays from this point on, even if you decide to keep the 1.01. Not sure the upside to keeping Julio over the 1.01. There are no guarantees Julio produces 2-3 years of WR1 numbers, either.
I don't think anyone made the statement that Julio was worth that much more than 1.01. I prefer him to 1.01, but I also understand the other side. The discussion here is vs. 1.02 which we all know is a significant drop off from the value of 1.01. Likelihood of whomever that is outproducing Julio is a lot lower. My problem with the proposed trade is I just don't think the rest of the pieces offer much... Godwin? Cole? These are ultimately going to be more roster filler/upside than actually useful in a lineup. If the deal is going to be for the 1.02, I want just one additional piece that is better than these options.
Fair enough.