Deshaun Watson value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Witchit Straws
Starter
Starter

Deshaun Watson value

Postby Witchit Straws » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:05 am

In a 1 QB league, what are you guys think his value is.
Garrapolo, Trubisky,
Mixon, R Freeman, T Cohen, L Miller, Mack, C Thompson, Breida, Powell, Abdullah
Arob, Landry, Cupp, Chris Godwin, Lockett, Zay Jones, Taywan Taylor,
Kelce, Kroft, Jesse James

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Deshaun Watson value

Postby skip » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:18 am

You're going to get plenty of people replying telling you that QBs don't carry much value in a 1QB league but I'm one who believes in "plug and play" options at the position absolutely carry plenty of value. I also believe the concept of "streaming" is a strategy doomed to fail so I will absolutely pay for a QB I believe to be elite. I can see Watson being valued in the top 5-10 range for the position (closer to 5) so if I'm an owner, I would not part for him with a pick outside of the top 5.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

1.6 at the most. 1.10 at the least
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 pm

In the same neighborhood as what I’d want for Wilson/Rogers. Top 3-5 pick for me.

Seattle
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Seattle » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:38 pm

I am piling on 1.6 to 1.12 rookie pick value. But 1 qb league is tough to get good value.
To many leagues to put all teams on here.

Just a big thanks and DLF rules

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:18 pm

skip wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:18 am You're going to get plenty of people replying telling you that QBs don't carry much value in a 1QB league but I'm one who believes in "plug and play" options at the position absolutely carry plenty of value. I also believe the concept of "streaming" is a strategy doomed to fail so I will absolutely pay for a QB I believe to be elite. I can see Watson being valued in the top 5-10 range for the position (closer to 5) so if I'm an owner, I would not part for him with a pick outside of the top 5.

I agree with this. That’s why I was disappointed I sent pick 1.5 for Watson and it was declined. He said he wants a 2019 first also. And he is stacked at QB so he doesn’t even need Watson.

Maximus891
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Maximus891 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:33 pm

During the season I shipped a 1st round pick for him the week before he got injured, at the time it was looking like a top 4 pick but ended up that team snuck in the playoffs and went to semis so it was for 1.10, more then happy with that but would have been fine paying 1.4. I also believe in plug and play with the QB plus my leagues are a 6-4 QB scoring system
Team 1 (18/19 Champ)
QB- Rivers, Jimmy G, Flacco
RB- LF, Kamara, Henry, Ito, Barber, RoJo, Harris, Brieda,
WR- Hopkins, Evans, Golladay, Foster, McLaurin, Perriman
TE- Kelce, Eifert, Knox, Gronk
Taxi-R Ridley, Love

Team 2 (16/18/19 Champ)
QB- Watson, Goff
RB- Zeke, CMC, Gordon, Chubb, R Freeman, Hunt
WR- MT, M Williams, Kupp, Campbell, Chark, Ross
TE- Henry, Hooper, Andrews

Team 3 (17/18 Champ)
QB- Stafford, Murray
RB- Cook, Gurley, Lindsay, Mixon, Drake
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, TY, Kupp, K Johnson, Parker, Renfrow, Ross
TE- Kittle, I Thomas

Team 4 SF
QB- Wentz, Kelly, Lamar, Brissett, Luck, RG3
RB- Chubb, Cook, KJ, Sony, Montgomery, Gallaman, Sproles
WR- Fuller, Watkins, Sutton, Hollywood, Pettis, Moore, Lee, Funchess, Crowder
TE- Kittle, Henry, Shaheen, LaCosse
Taxi- Gaskins, Love, Harmon, Hurd, Sample

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:04 pm

In a 1 QB league, at best 1.10. I doubt I'd pay that personally though. I'd be willing to buy him for an early 2nd if I absolutely needed an upgrade.

I don't understand paying up for a QB in 1 QB leagues. This past year in a 12 team league, you probably could have picked up Smith, McCown, or Keenum. Shoot, Watson may have been sitting out there in the preseason depending on bench depth. Why would I pay a 1st for someone that won't massively outperform a waiver wire pickup?

The only QBs worth a first in a 1 QB IMO: Rodgers, Wilson, Wentz. That's it.
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis
Hopkins,Thomas,Woods,Cooks,Toney,MWilliams,
Kittle,Henry,Freier
2022:1,1,2,3,4

Team 3: 14-Team SF,PPR,0.25/rush '18 3rd Place, 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex SFlex
Cousins,Kyler,Carr,Trask
Jacobs,Gibson,Robinson,LMurray,Ingram,Moss,Gio,SScott
Evans,Nuk,DJM,Boyd,Davis
Fant,Hooper,Gronk
2022:2,4
2023:1,1,2,3,4

Team 4: 12-TeamSF,0.5PPR,TE1PPR 2020 Champ :dance:
QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX SFlex
Allen,Tanny,Cam,MacJones
Taylor,Akers,Montgomery,Gibson,Robinson,Harris,McKissic,SScott
DKM,Evans,Juju,Cooks,MWilliams,Trequan
Engram,Hurst,Gronk,Long

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:11 am

snaps06 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:04 pm In a 1 QB league, at best 1.10. I doubt I'd pay that personally though. I'd be willing to buy him for an early 2nd if I absolutely needed an upgrade.

I don't understand paying up for a QB in 1 QB leagues. This past year in a 12 team league, you probably could have picked up Smith, McCown, or Keenum. Shoot, Watson may have been sitting out there in the preseason depending on bench depth. Why would I pay a 1st for someone that won't massively outperform a waiver wire pickup?

You are making some assumptions here...

First, that there are plenty of QBs sitting on the wire. Not true in many leagues. I don't know where you would have found Alex Smith on the wire. Second, that those QBs are going to produce close enough to a top level. Also uncommon. Watson's ppg was 7+ points better than guys like Keenum and McCown. You could just as well grabbed the Cutler or Brisset and been much worse off. Even if you assume that an Alex Smith was available, there is only one of them and a lot of owners. Likelihood to get the one useful waiver QB is low. Then you need to repeat that same success every season. The problem just gets worse.

I will never understand not paying a good price for a QB you can just put in your lineup for the next 8-10 years. That's a very easy decision.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:23 am

I am in a 10 team, 1 qb league. It is very difficult to aquire a top tier qb. During last year, I offered 2 firsts for Watson. Denied. I ended up paying two 4ths and Chad Williams for Smith. I have offered Winston and the 1.8 this off season for Wentz. He didn't hesitate when he said no. I will just stream Smith, Winston, and Trubisky this year and hope either Trubisky is the real deal or Winston continues how he ended the season.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:35 am

skip wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:11 am
snaps06 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:04 pm In a 1 QB league, at best 1.10. I doubt I'd pay that personally though. I'd be willing to buy him for an early 2nd if I absolutely needed an upgrade.

First, that there are plenty of QBs sitting on the wire. Not true in many leagues. I don't know where you would have found Alex Smith on the wire. Second, that those QBs are going to produce close enough to a top level. Also uncommon. Watson's ppg was 7+ points better than guys like Keenum and McCown. You could just as well grabbed the Cutler or Brisset and been much worse off. Even if you assume that an Alex Smith was available, there is only one of them and a lot of owners. Likelihood to get the one useful waiver QB is low. Then you need to repeat that same success every season. The problem just gets worse.

I will never understand not paying a good price for a QB you can just put in your lineup for the next 8-10 years. That's a very easy decision.
I’d rather keep my Stafford type QB and take a chance that I can draft Kamara/Hunt with that pick. I’d probably buy for late 1st but that’s about it. If you have Watson the best thing to do is keep him as he is more valuable on your team than what others are willing to give.

Witchit Straws
Starter
Starter

Postby Witchit Straws » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks for the input
Garrapolo, Trubisky,
Mixon, R Freeman, T Cohen, L Miller, Mack, C Thompson, Breida, Powell, Abdullah
Arob, Landry, Cupp, Chris Godwin, Lockett, Zay Jones, Taywan Taylor,
Kelce, Kroft, Jesse James

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 pm

I got Kamara for him when he was in the process of breaking out.....
Id pay 1.6 and later for him probs

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:34 pm

I'm all for having elite QBs even in 1QB leagues, but if I'm trading an early 1st, I want someone like Rodgers or Wilson. I think Watson can someday get there, but he needs to prove it more to me. At this point, I'd probably pay a mid/late 1st.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Missile wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:35 am
skip wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:11 am

I’d rather keep my Stafford type QB and take a chance that I can draft Kamara/Hunt with that pick. I’d probably buy for late 1st but that’s about it. If you have Watson the best thing to do is keep him as he is more valuable on your team than what others are willing to give.
This exactly. Stafford is my go-to dynasty guy. I can get him on the cheap, and draft a potential stud RB/WR with my mid-high-1st and stream Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton once per year. Been doing it for 5 seasons now and I'm doing just fine.

In a 10 team or smaller league where studs are more necessary to stand out and win it all and most teams are already loaded, or in a 6 pt pass TD league, I can understand paying up for an elite QB. But in a non-SF 12 teamer with 4 pt pass TDs, give me Stafford, Rivers, Ryan, or someone like that all day with loaded skill players and/or plenty of 1st round picks.

Also, Smith was on waivers at the beginning of the season in almost all of the non-superflex leagues I'm in (and I don't play in any 10 team leagues, either).
Team 1: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '16 & '17 3rd, '20 2nd Place
REBUILD STARTED 2019
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex Flex
Kyler,Stafford,Herbert
Zeke,Sanders,Swift,Moss,Robinson,Mattison,Gio
Cooper,Juju,AJB,Reagor,Ruggs,Mims,Kirk,Bateman,Moore
Kelce,Henry
2022: 2,3,4

Team 2: 12-Team 0.5 PPR '17 & '20 2nd Place
QB RB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex
Rodgers,Stafford
Zeke,Conner,Robinson,Dillon,CEvans,Mattison,Edmonds,Davis