32 team, SINGLE copy draft strategy?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

32 team, SINGLE copy draft strategy?

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:45 am

So I'm thinking about joining a startup league, small thing with $10 entry. This league is 32 team with single copy of each player- so scarcity will be a huge, huge issue like it is in the actual NFL

To combat this, starting rosters are pretty small. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex. PPR scoring. Which when you think about it, isn't unlike who the star/notable/impactful player amounts per NFL team are anyways. With the number of players taken, injuries would be brutal and a bit season ending for the team (again, not unlike the actual NFL)

Positional limits of 3QBs, 5RBs, 7WRs, 2TEs and then a "practice squad" for rookies or sophomores. IRed players don't count against position limits

32 team snake draft, no idea yet where I'd draft if I joined, I'd have to treat this pretty much as a 2QB, TE premium league correct? Maybe could hold off on who I take as my QB2 depending on if I get a top 10QB1 since they won't actually start each week. Getting a top 10TE would also be a solid win and should be done in the 2nd or 3rd round I think as then I'd be getting points from that position when there will be teams putting up sub 2 each week. There's more depth to be had at the typical positions, especially at RB in a ppr league, so I could hold out there longer than I normally would since it doesn't pay much to have 2RB1s and an RB2 to normally use as a flex?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 32 team, SINGLE copy draft strategy?

Postby jeffster » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 am

Sounds weird to me. Almost no one in the league will be able to start a QB on bye weeks, and many will be stuck with blocking TEs or bench TEs.

But if you're going to try it, I agree you go QB first, no question. You'll just have to stream everything else.

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jpusmc0311 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm

I think the key is depth, so instead of trying and drafting a top player in the 1st round, stick with a QB, and then a RB in the 2nd round, since there are more impactful WRs. I'm not sure what you do at TE, since there are only about 8-10 TEs in the league who contribute in the passing game on a weekly basis.
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Treat this like you would an actual NFL team. Doesn't matter how talented your other players are, if you don't have a good QB, you're probably not going to be very competitive.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:37 pm

jeffster wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:50 am Sounds weird to me. Almost no one in the league will be able to start a QB on bye weeks, and many will be stuck with blocking TEs or bench TEs.

But if you're going to try it, I agree you go QB first, no question. You'll just have to stream everything else.
Yeah, definitely some major issues with it still being worked out. Some wanted it just as a freebie for fun to see, but the majority voted to keep it cheap but have a little money in there thinking that would keep owners at least setting lineups and entertaining trade offers even if their season went down the hill

The trend is that the goal is to more-so make playoffs (like most non patriots teams are at) than to win it all. I think it'll be different little thing to do on the side. I should bring up that bye week that there's no chance of having a QB... bunch of people and a very active What's App chat so I bet someone will have an idea
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:42 pm

QBs are huge!!! Make it your number 1 priority.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Interesting. I'm in a 20 team 2 Max QB per team league.

I locked down Wentz and Dak. Should be strong for years.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:19 pm

I feel like for this to work, team would need a lot of flexibility as far as starting requirements.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:00 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm Should just have a Superflex in place of the QB...
That's actually what was immediately decided upon. Talk of going to 6pt tds instead of 4, so that someone doesn't have an RB2 outscoring the bottom end QBs and intentially starting them as we do want it to pretty much always be a QB started there unless bye or injury Fs ya

Also, roster limit of 2QB on active roster, so any other QB would have to be on practice squad change also made. New league work in progress, but lots of sharp dynasty dudes looking for a different feel. I think something will work out.

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5