Is it time to trade Brady

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Is it time to trade Brady

Postby Wizard » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:10 am

I play in a 1QB league, 12 teams and my QBs are Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Deshaun Watson, and Jimmy Garoppolo. I'm tempted to trade Brady now, while his stock is high, I can't see it getting higher and I can see it plummet pretty fast. Brady had an incredible season last year but something looked off to me, maybe it was the leg injury but he seemed slow to react even before the injury, maybe its my imagination. Flacco's not so great but I would think (hope) either or both Watson or Garoppolo will pan out but I admit that would keep me guessing next year as to who to start each week. I'm I being too impatient, should I hold onto Brady or look into trading Brady now? What would be fair return value for him? Or would I be better off keeping him and trading Watson or Garoppolo. I need a good RB.

One of the weaker teams has Luck (who knows if he'll play again) and Bortals (may lose his job) with Gronk(retiring?), he also has Michael Thomas and Jordan Howard and the 1.2 pick (I have the 1.10). I was thinking Watson (or Brady) , Hilton, and Doyle (or Ebron) and maybe one of my many second tier RBs for Thomas and Howard. Does that sound fair? Too much? too little? Should I instead go after the pick, Any suggestions?

My team
QB -Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Deshaun Watson, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB - Kenyan Drake, Alex Collins, Carlos Hyde, Samaje Perine, Duke Johnson Jr., Bilal Powell, Ty Montgomery, Wendell Smallwood, Mike Davis Sea, Joe Williams
TE - Zach Ertz Phi, Jack Doyle, Eric Ebron
WR - Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree Oak, Davante Adams, T.Y. Hilton, Mohamed Sanu, Paul Richardson, Geronimo Allison
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

LondonMonarchs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Is it time to trade Brady

Postby LondonMonarchs » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:31 am

I personally would prefer Thomas/Howard here. I don't hold QB values very highly and I feel like that is where you are holding the value on your side.

If the guy is worried that Luck will never play again, I doube he would be in a rush to pick up Hilton and Doyle.
12 TE Prem - Orphan Full rebuild :!:
QB - S.Darnold, D.Lock
RB - J. Taylor, CEH, K. Hunt, A.McFarland, R.Armstead, D.Evans, D. Dallas, L.Bowden
WR - C. Lamb, J.Jeudy, J. Jefferson, H. Ruggs, D.Mims, L.Shenault, P.Campbell, Z.Pascal, A. Lazard
TE - T.Hockenson, B.Jarwin, D.Knox, J.Smith
2x 2021 1st

12team, PPR, SF
QB-RBx2-WRx2-SF-FLX
QB - Baker, Prescott, Stidham
RB - D.Freeman,A.Jones, Jam.Williams, R.JIII, K.Balage, G.Edwards
WR -Evans, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, C. Godwin, T.Higgins, A. Lazard
TE - D. Waller, I.Thomas

Dunville
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dunville » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:26 am

It’d be great if you could get it done. But overall it’s a lowball offer that I wouldn’t be surprised if it got rejected without response.
To get Thomas you’d probably need to offer Hilton + your 1st then something else
12 Team 1 pt PPR
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex 1K
QB Stroud Tua
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Jamaal, CEH, Allgeier, Brown
WR Hill, JJ, AJB, Keenan, ReedReed, Thielen, Boyd, Iosivas, Tucker
TE Hockenson Ferguson,
K Elliot
1DT 2DE 3LB 1CB 2S 1Flex
DT Donald Zach Allen
DE Crosby, Van Ness, Turner, Wonnum,
LB Greenlaw, Kendricks, Bernard, Mosley, McFadden, Barton, Overshown, Cashman, Henley
CB Stream
S Bynum, Blankenship fuller, grant,
2024 - 1.03, 3.05, 3.12, 6th
2025 2, 3,4,5,6

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 am

I don’t like Howard, and I’m still not totally convinced that Thomas isn’t QB- and/or system-dependent. No idea what your starting requirements are, but if you’re able to start two TEs, I would hope that he is buying into the retirement talk and go after Gronk and the 1.02. Maybe try Hilton, Watson, Doyle and 1.10 for Gronk + 1.02.

I can tell you from personal experience that having Gronk and Ertz in your starting lineup every week is fun as hell. People always talk about the positional advantage of having one of Gronk/Kelce/Ertz. But having two of them is even better, because they’re all three worthy of being an every-week flex play, and you’re also depriving the rest of your league from having that positional advantage. So outside of the week(s) you play Kelce, you can pretty much count on one of them winning the TE matchup for you and the other being a high-floor/high-ceiling flex play.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:40 am

Honestly in a 1QB league Brady has little to no value for me. He would not tip the scale in any deal.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:13 am

yep you are shooting way too high here lol. your lowball offer would get laughed at and likely ridiculed. its no enough for thomas alone let alone howard on top
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:55 am

In a 1 QB league I think moving Brady for much is going to be pretty tough. Maybe shoot for a late 1st or early 2nd and hope someone goes for it. I think it's a long shot but you never know. Perhaps an under performing younger player that still has upside that an owner is down on is an option? I do agree with the above comments, I would be shocked if anyone would move Thomas or Howard for a Brady centered deal much less both. Never hurts to throw it out there though.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:08 am

When players reach the Brady-equivalent age bracket for their position, while still being elite, it's pretty much standard to expect them to retire on your roster. Their dynasty value will be far below their level of production.

The only general exception is to sell to a contender in need mid-season.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 am

If you are a contender, you are better off holding and riding him into the sunset. He will be worth more on your team than you would get in return.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 am

When in doubt just ask yourself WWBBD?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:49 am

ArrylT wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 am When in doubt just ask yourself WWBBD?
BB would probably advise against trading Brady, but then the front office would go ahead and do it anyway.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Wait till the season starts and a team who's competitive needs a QB.