Todd Gurley for Antonio Brown?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Todd Gurley for Antonio Brown?

Postby Phaded » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:16 am

Doubt it - I know I would not accept it.

This is also an 18 player league, which is pretty shallow and thus makes roster spots all the more important. For that reason, package deals are much less appealing for the player with the stud. He would have to drop someone for Dez and have to drop someone for the draft to make room for the pick.

Like I said, if your center piece is Hunt you need to aim lower at WR.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:32 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 am
Goddard wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:59 pm Try Hunt for Brown first. If that doesn't work, see if you can go after Hopkins or OBJ with Gurley (even if you had to add a little more) instead.
This to for me. If Brown was 27 I'd proly do it straight up
x2 or 3, take your pick
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 pm

I would keep gurly over Brown...mainly ABs age. plus we do not know how long Big Ben is staying. The long run (and even short run) is Gurley.

I know that WRs have longer fantasy life spans...but, trying to replace a top tier RB is typically harder to find, imo. Last years RB class looks to be strong, tho. But, I would like to see more than 1 year of high level production.
Think how scare RBs (good and consistent) get by the 2nd round of a start up draft, while WRS on the cusp are still there for the taking.
But, I am probably in the minority...lol.

bob b
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob b » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:38 pm

1coldone wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 pm I would keep gurly over Brown...mainly ABs age. plus we do not know how long Big Ben is staying. The long run (and even short run) is Gurley.

I know that WRs have longer fantasy life spans...but, trying to replace a top tier RB is typically harder to find, imo. Last years RB class looks to be strong, tho. But, I would like to see more than 1 year of high level production.
Think how scare RBs (good and consistent) get by the 2nd round of a start up draft, while WRS on the cusp are still there for the taking.
But, I am probably in the minority...lol.
thank you.....those are my thoughts as well...just wanted to make sure I was seeing things correctly.
12 team standard dynasty, 20 player roster:
QB's: A Rodgers, J Garroppolo
RB's: T Gurley, A Kamara, Rashad Penny, John Kelly, Chase Edmonds
WR's: M Evans, M Thomas, A Cooper, A Robinson, C Davis, DJ Moore, Tre'Quan Smith, M Williams, G Allison
TE: T Kelce, OJ Howard,
Def: Bears
K: J Elliot

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Phaded wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:16 am Doubt it - I know I would not accept it.

This is also an 18 player league, which is pretty shallow and thus makes roster spots all the more important. For that reason, package deals are much less appealing for the player with the stud. He would have to drop someone for Dez and have to drop someone for the draft to make room for the pick.

Like I said, if your center piece is Hunt you need to aim lower at WR.
So true, and it's an issue in consolidation deals with our 20-player roster league. The roster spots are very valuable themselves.

Gurley for Brown is too much of an overpay for my liking due to Brown's age. Agree with dare wood11 that if Brown was 27 I'd do it straight-up. But he's not.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku