Where do you see my team needs improvment

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Where do you see my team needs improvment

Postby Wizard » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm new to dynasty, I've been doing redrafts for 7 or 8 years but I joined a dynasty league a few years ago and like it much better than the redraft leagues. The trading and trying to plan ahead makes it much more fun and it doesn't end with the season (but I do already miss football). I'm going to post some newbie type questions over the next few months so try not to get to annoyed.

First I'd like anyone and everyone's option as to where to focus on improving my team. I ended up in 3rd this past season because I got real lucky on the waiver wire and ended up getting Drake and Collins, without them I would have been in the middle of the pack. My feelings are I need to focus on RB, I have a lot of mid tier RBs, the problem is nobody will give up a stud RB so I might have to turn to upping my WRs. I have the 10th pick (1.10) and the 2.10 pick in the rookie draft so not much ammo. It's a 12 team league.

The owner of Corey Davis seem open to trading him but he wants Adams and he's my long term WR stud (I hope), I was thinking of offering Hilton and my 2nd and work up to Hilton and my 1st and possibly Doyle too. Does that sound like too much, too little.....

Any feedback would be appreciated.

QB -Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Deshaun Watson, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB - Kenyan Drake, Alex Collins, Carlos Hyde, Samaje Perine, Duke Johnson Jr., Bilal Powell, Ty Montgomery, Wendell Smallwood, Mike Davis Sea, Joe Williams
TE - Zach Ertz Phi, Jack Doyle, Eric Ebron
WR - Doug Baldwin, Davante Adams, T.Y. Hilton, Michael Crabtree, Mohamed Sanu, Paul Richardson, Geronimo Allison
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Re: Where do you see my team needs improvment

Postby Needalife » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Hilton and a 2nd works for me. Hilton and a first is too much unless you are certain that Corey Davis is the next Julio/AJG type.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:52 pm

I wouldn’t go crazy giving up the farm for Corey Davis. He’s a great prospect but you don’t need to go giving up TY + 1st for him. I would keep TY and let him rebuild his value this year (assuming Luck comes back) and then either sell him higher or keep him.

Also would help to know starting requirements. I’m gonna assume fairly standard. Also is this PPR scoring or no? One QB league?

Here’s what I think of your team. I’m gonna base it on a 1QB PPR - Start QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1Flex

QB - You are set for the present and the future at this position. Brady is the ageless wonder and is still producing at elite levels. Keep starting him. Watson and Jimmy G have both flashed a crap ton of potential in limited action. I think you certainly have your heir apparent behind Brady. Flacco is meh. He is solid but I wouldn’t hesitate to trade him or even drop him it a better prospect comes along. Disclaimer: If this is a superflex or 2QB league, don’t drop Flacco...trade him. Even mediocre QBs have value in these types of leagues.

RB - You have a lot of good prospects but no elite talent here...but I think you know that. Personally I like Drake and feel like he can be a RB1 type guy, but I also think that MIA brings in another back to turn Drake into a committee guy - taking his value down a notch. Hyde has some potential as well, whether he stays or goes to another team. I think he could be a RB2 type with upside. Not sold on Collins and who know what happens with that backfield. Duke is a great ppr back (if this is indeed a PPR, bonus) but concerned if CLE drafts Barkley. Perine looked mediocre but I think he will get another shot to be the lead back in a committee...and I would sell him as soon as he has a decent game. Everyone else is just depth. Maybe Montgomery goes back to being a WR. I don’t see him being a relevant RB in GB.

WR - Solid WR core in my opinion. Baldwin is consistently a WR1 but is consistently underrated. Adams had put up multiple productive campaigns, whether with Hundley or Rodgers (obviously A-A-Ron gives him a better shot to produce). Hilton will rebound with Luck (hopefully Luck comes back healthy finally). Crabtree is getting up there in age, but was productive with the Raiders. I think he ends up somewhere else next year (which could help or hurt his value). I would prob sell him after a good game or two. Sanu is a productive WR3 type. Geronimo is an interesting prospect as Jordy gets older and Cobb looks like he may have one foot out the door already.

TE - Ertz is a beast. Easily a top 5 TE. Doyle is a solid backup and Ebron has potential. I think I would try to move Ebron after a good game or two because I don’t believe in his long term success. Seems lazy to me.

All in all, you have a pretty solid playoff team. It shows because you have the 10th pick in each round. I wouldn’t look to make too many drastic moves. If you could flip a Crabtree/1.10/Hyde deal for a solid young RB...I would consider. Heck, I wouldn’t be against moving any of your RBs + 1.10 for a RB upgrade. Either do that or just draft a RB or two in your rookie draft.

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming. Slaughterrt, your right, I should have clarified the league, It is a 1QB, Half PPR. You start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex.

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:14 pm

Hilton and a 2nd is more than enough. You're set at QB and TE, have some solid WRs, but could use some upgrades at RB. I'd try to package a couple of RBs for an upgrade.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:26 am

I would not trade Hilton+ for Davis. The two WRs are about equal in value for me despite a down year for Hilton and IND in general. You're ready to compete now, which makes Hilton slightly better for your team unless Davis breaks out in a big way in his sophomore year. I'd just grab a RB at 1.10 if there's someone you like, or try trading picks for older RBs like LeSean McCoy or Mark Ingram early in the season.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 pm

The reason I'm thinking about trading Hilton is because the unknown heath of Luck and I'm a little concerned about the age of my receivers. I think both Baldwin and Hilton are almost 30 and Crabtree is 30+ so I've got a year or maybe two left of high production (assuming Luck is back) then I could start going down hill and I have no up and coming WRs except for Adams. I'm trying to win now and win later, I'm greedy that way :D .

But I like the idea of my 1.10 + ? to upgrade at RB, any suggestions as to which one of my RB or RBs to pair with my 1.10 to go after Jordon Howard, I think his owner might be tempted, his RBs are Howard and Ajay and then a bunch of scrubs.

The other option might be to wait, the owner of Gordon loves Hyde and I might be able to get him to take Hyde and my 1st, I don't think that will be enough to get it done but he's loaded at RB and might be tempted (especially if I throw something else in). But until Hyde signs with a team he won't bite.

Rtreilly81
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rtreilly81 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 pm

I would be trading Watson while his stock is high. You have Brady and JimmyG and do not need anyone else. Find a bottom team with a terrible QB situation and go after their 1st and a young WR like Funchess or maybe Diggs. Try targeting the luck owner, they might be panicking. Also drop Flacco for a flyer or maybe flip him for a late pick.
16 team ppr superflex

QB: Garoppolo, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Mixon, Henry, Booker, Miller, Mack, McNichols, Ballage
WR: Davis, Treadwell, Jmatt, Beasley, DJ Moore, J Washington, Tre’ Smith, Prich, Taywan Taylor, Chad Williams, Benjamin, Krishawn Hogan
TE: Njoku, McDonald

18 picks: 1.13, 2.07, 2.13, 3.02