Trade Rape?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Is this trade rape?

Yes
5%
No
95%

Total votes: 76

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Trade Rape?

Postby vixen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 pm

snaps06 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm
Needalife wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm Same here, Landry side by a good bit. This feedback you’re getting is based on Julio mystique more than reality.
You mean the "down year" 88 catch, 1400 yard Julio mystique? Because that definitely wasn't reality in 2017...or was it?

I will never understand the Julio hate...

PTS OPPONENT \
2 18.80 vs Packers
3 16.10 at Lions
4 6.00 vs Bills
5 Bye
6 13.20 vs Dolphins
7 24.90 at Patriots
8 10.40 at Jets
9 20.80 at Panthers
10 11.70 vs Cowboys
11 12.10 at Seahawks
12 57.05 vs Buccaneers
13 4.40 vs Vikings
14 14.80 vs Saints
15 8.40 at Buccaneers
16 24.90 at Saints
17 13.00 vs Panthers

so there you have it, 2017 Julio....too many low numbers in there...one really big week, and i suppose with Julio, that is always in play..but not as dominating as the final number represent
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Prospector
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prospector » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 pm

I'd be on the Wentz and Landy side here. Julio's price has come down a lot and I honestly think you are losing this trade. You must have a lot of folks in the league confused about dynasty values. Send him the link to this poll and thread.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm

vixen wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 pm
snaps06 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm
Needalife wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm Same here, Landry side by a good bit. This feedback you’re getting is based on Julio mystique more than reality.
You mean the "down year" 88 catch, 1400 yard Julio mystique? Because that definitely wasn't reality in 2017...or was it?

I will never understand the Julio hate...

PTS OPPONENT \
2 18.80 vs Packers
3 16.10 at Lions
4 6.00 vs Bills
5 Bye
6 13.20 vs Dolphins
7 24.90 at Patriots
8 10.40 at Jets
9 20.80 at Panthers
10 11.70 vs Cowboys
11 12.10 at Seahawks
12 57.05 vs Buccaneers
13 4.40 vs Vikings
14 14.80 vs Saints
15 8.40 at Buccaneers
16 24.90 at Saints
17 13.00 vs Panthers

so there you have it, 2017 Julio....too many low numbers in there...one really big week, and i suppose with Julio, that is always in play..but not as dominating as the final number represent
TDs were down (3), and those are fluky from year to year. Throw in 3-5 TDs across any of those games and he's a top-3 WR in fantasy with 88 catches for 1400 yards and 6-8 TDs instead of his fluky 3. Bank on those TD numbers balancing out next year and another 90 catches for 1400-1600 yards if he stays healthy.

LondonMonarchs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LondonMonarchs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 pm

I would happily take the Landry side here
12 TE Prem - Orphan Full rebuild :!:
QB - S.Darnold, D.Lock
RB - J. Taylor, CEH, K. Hunt, A.McFarland, R.Armstead, D.Evans, D. Dallas, L.Bowden
WR - C. Lamb, J.Jeudy, J. Jefferson, H. Ruggs, D.Mims, L.Shenault, P.Campbell, Z.Pascal, A. Lazard
TE - T.Hockenson, B.Jarwin, D.Knox, J.Smith
2x 2021 1st

12team, PPR, SF
QB-RBx2-WRx2-SF-FLX
QB - Baker, Prescott, Stidham
RB - D.Freeman,A.Jones, Jam.Williams, R.JIII, K.Balage, G.Edwards
WR -Evans, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, C. Godwin, T.Higgins, A. Lazard
TE - D. Waller, I.Thomas

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 pm

I prefer the Landry side as well, but I have a difficult time equating even the most lopsided dynasty trade to having a penis forcibly inserted into your butthole against your will.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:42 pm

M-Dub wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:31 pm I prefer the Landry side as well, but I have a difficult time equating even the most lopsided dynasty trade to having a penis forcibly inserted into your butthole against your will.
Thank you. And I agree on both counts.

And my dislike of Julio comes from the fact that I play in non-ppr. As unpredictable as TD's are, it seems safe to predict that he'll score 5-7 of them annually as his 6.14 TD per season average would indicate. One season of double digit scores, and that was 10 back in 2012.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:42 pm And my dislike of Julio comes from the fact that I play in non-ppr. As unpredictable as TD's are, it seems safe to predict that he'll score 5-7 of them annually as his 6.14 TD per season average would indicate. One season of double digit scores, and that was 10 back in 2012.
I like Landry a great deal but I his value comes predominantly in PPR leagues (that you don't play) and he has never had a double-digit TD season. This year was his best (9) and his per season average is only 5.5 TDs. And while the TDs did go up this season, the yardage went the opposite direction, offsetting gains in value or production.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 am

skip wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:57 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:42 pm And my dislike of Julio comes from the fact that I play in non-ppr. As unpredictable as TD's are, it seems safe to predict that he'll score 5-7 of them annually as his 6.14 TD per season average would indicate. One season of double digit scores, and that was 10 back in 2012.
I like Landry a great deal but I his value comes predominantly in PPR leagues (that you don't play) and he has never had a double-digit TD season. This year was his best (9) and his per season average is only 5.5 TDs. And while the TDs did go up this season, the yardage went the opposite direction, offsetting gains in value or production.
Fair point Skip. My Julio mini-rant and opinion is based on my valuation of him in my scoring system.

But Julio's 88/1444/3 and Landry's 112/987/9 are comparable in PPR (Assuming 1 per 10 rec. yrd/ 6 per TD) with Landry coming out on top 264.7 to Julio's 250.4. One could certainly cite recency bias in this statistical comparison, though I'm not sure they're all that different value-wise moving forward.

What sways my preference for the Landry side of the deal is what I see as a massive difference between Tyrod and Wentz. I know you're a Tyrod fan, but I don't believe his best days lie ahead. Same goes for Marshawn, though he could end up being serviceable as a RB 2/3 for another year. The upgrade from a 2019 2nd to the 1.11 isn't enough to change my mind.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:50 am

Wentz side... not huge on Landry, but think this is where Julios value is, considering Lynch might retire again.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 am

I don't see what the owner having Stafford has anything to do with the trade being fair. Is he not supposed to make his team better because he has the depth to make a trade like this?

Actually it would be worse trade if the other owner had Stafford and no real need for Wentz is the way to look at it. Not knowing who he has as starting QB it may be a considerable upgrade getting Wentz. If Tyrod was his starter then it's a huge upgrade as TT may not even have a job next year as a starter.

In a PPR I'd take Cohen all day over Beast Mode in his last year or so. Draft pick is a major win for the Commish as his 2019 2nd rd will likely be in the 20's overall.

Julio is still quite a bit ahead of Landry as there is much uncertainty about Landry's situation.

My verdict is hanging in the balance. It totally depends on how big of an up grade Wentz is for the other team. If he has a top ten guy already then getting Wentz isn't worth losing Julio and the 11th pick. Not a terribly lopsided deal on paper but may have taken advantage of a less savvy GM. And I am a big Cohen believer. But not as much on Landry.

Damaged goods at least to start next season in Wentz, downgrade from Julio to Landry, lose at least ten spots in draft value plus wait a year for any returns only to get the potential PPR value Cohen may bring long term over Marshawn. :think: Carson better be a pretty significant upgrade over whomever else is on his roster.

My guess is the other owner is tired of you going to the same well every time you want some fresher water. Not buying the kool-aid mix you're using to sell it at your stand. Personally I wouldn't demand it being cancelled but I would give you some grief over taking advantage of the slow kid. :snooty:

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:06 am

I think your league mate was on ( the 1 vote for yes). Sour grapes is all, nothing to see here (except for your league mate; he should most certainly receive a shared link to this thread). Moving on.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 am

Rtreilly81 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:08 pm I prefer the Landry Wentz side in a dynasty all day long
Agree with this... Sounds like residual irritation from previous trades. This one was won by the Wentz Landry side IMO.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:48 am

much rather have the landry side. you must play with dudes who love big names like Julio
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:02 am

I'm not big on the idea of needing to "win" trades. One of the best things about dynasty is there are additional opportunities to work trades that benefit both teams. Whether it's to shore up a position while helping the other team do the same with a different position or trade between a "win now" team and a "rebuild" team.

ManhattanProject
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ManhattanProject » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 am

So I will be the first to admit I may have been on the wrong side of some lopsided trade offers regarding this league. I completely neglected it when I joined last year and was more or less going through the motions and trading just for the heck of it, if I got an offer. So to the owner who thought I was being taken advantage of (this is only my second dynasty off season btw) you should of at least brought it to my attention by pointing me to this forum or rankings or whatever if you thought it was an issue because that lowers the quality of the league. But I do admit it was my fault for not being wholly committed to this league at the time so I can understand why you may think I as someone put it, am the "slow kid" :wink:

Luckily we had a dispersal draft and I have cut back on other leagues which allowed me to refocus attention to this league. This brings me to this trade.

My roster at the time of trade was this:

QB
Flacco
Manning
Taylor

RB
Hill
Powell
Stewart
C. Thompson
Vereen
Yeldon
Lynch

WR
Austin, Tavon
Edelman, Julian
Ford, Isaiah
Jones, Julio
Lee, Marqise
Parker, DeVante
Samuel, Curtis -
Smith, Torrey
Smith-Schuster, JuJu
Snead, Willie
Stills, Kenny

Along with picks 1.2, 1.7, 1.11. I wanted to get younger at receiver, get a nice quality piece at rb, and upgrade qb, and was ok with losing a late first for a probably late second in the process. So there it is. From the other side.