What would you do with this rebuild. 4 firsts

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Connecticane88
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

What would you do with this rebuild. 4 firsts

Postby Connecticane88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:50 am

12 team superflex. .5 ppr. 2 rb 3 wr flex and sf

Tyrod. Bradford. Kizer
Williams/jones(packers) Drake. McKinnon. J.Williams clement
Landry. Tate. Juju r Mathews. Mike Williams
Reed. Njoku. Witten.

I have 1.02 1.04 1.08 and 1.12 and 3 2nds

Obviously best player available but my fear is it’s all running backs. Should I trade off the picks for WRs? Or draft two of the rookie qbs and hopefully land a stud rb. Would you take Guice at 2? Any help would would be great. Thanks.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What would you do with this rebuild. 4 firsts

Postby darewood11 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 am

U need rb and qb more than anything. Take a qb and rb at the top atleast

spartan833
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spartan833 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 am

This team doesn't look like it is going to compete this year. I think I'd trade most players that aren't prospects and get picks or upside youth in return. Landry and Tate are at their peak value, so I'd look at moving them.

You have a lot of question marks at QB, so I'd hold off on making any plans until the free agency clears the picture up a bit.

I think 1.02 is Guice and at 1.04 I would be looking at taking your favorite QB. RB is deep in this draft and you should get some good players in the second. If you hit one of those and have Guice, your RB stable looks a lot better.

It's difficult to really say what you should do in the draft, since we haven't even had the combine yet. Keep trying to add value to your team. Trade players that you think have reached their peak and acquire appreciating assets. Good luck!!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:17 am

I would take Guice at 2 for sure and another back at 4 depending on landing spots/combine for Sony, Chubb and Jones. Use a couple 2nds on QB's depending on where you are in the 2nd and who is left. Hopefully Mike Williams comes on this year and gives you another WR option. I have never played in a Superflex so I'm not sure if QB's in the 2nd round are realistic or not.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:18 am

I also agree with spartan833, move Landry and Tate.

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 am

Connecticane88 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:50 am 12 team superflex. .5 ppr. 2 rb 3 wr flex and sf

Tyrod. Bradford. Kizer
Williams/jones(packers) Drake. McKinnon. J.Williams clement
Landry. Tate. Juju r Mathews. Mike Williams
Reed. Njoku. Witten.

I have 1.02 1.04 1.08 and 1.12 and 3 2nds

Obviously best player available but my fear is it’s all running backs. Should I trade off the picks for WRs? Or draft two of the rookie qbs and hopefully land a stud rb. Would you take Guice at 2? Any help would would be great. Thanks.

I'd move Tate, Reed, Witten, and Bradford ASAP and probably any of those RBS you can get something for. I'm going to go against the grain in some of these comments. I would NOT draft a QB in this draft and if you do, only at 1.12 at the earliest. I would draft RBs at 1.02 and 1.04 for sure. Maybe WR at 1.08. You are rebuilding so you want to wait on adding QBs until your team is ready to compete. I am ok with taking a stab at a late QB or 2. But you need to build out the rest of your roster first.
Also I would hold onto Landry since he is just 25, but I understand moving him if you get a good offer. Perhaps moving him for a QB instead of drafting one.
16 team 1ppr
Jackson, Tua, Bridgewater
Sutton, ARob, Higgins, D. Harris
Barkley, Chubb, McKissic, D. Williams, Felton
Piits, Tonyan, Smith
LB: Wilson, Parsons, Milano, Reddick, Baker, Greenlaw, Walker Jr.
DL: C. Heyward, Flowers, Hunter, Franklin-Myers
DB: Harrison Smith, Abram, Davis III, Bradberry, Maye

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr
QB:Jackson, Mills, Eason, Newton
RB: Barkley/Najee/Gaskin/Hines/Sony/Johnson, Stevenson
WR: Chase/Juju/Aiyuk/Mike Williams/Beasley/N. Harry/Will Fuller/Cephus/D. Brown
TE: Pitts/Knox
DST:49ers, Titans
K: Koo

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Mixon, Lindsay, Drake, Hines, Murray, Carter
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ddog2303 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:04 am

I would personally wait to draft RBs. I’d go WR and QB heavy in this rebuild for a couple reasons. 1. Longevity. WRs and QBs play longer than RBs. 2. WRs take longer to develop. You’ll draft WRs that you won’t know whether they’ll be good or not until year 3. Along those same lines, RBs are very often productive as rookies. If you can fill out your QB and WR positions you can add rookie RBs that will put up enough points to help you immediately. I don’t like drafting RBs early in a rebuild because if you haven’t had any WRs develop, your RBs will be 26 or 27 and you’ll still have holes. RBs just don’t produce long enough for me to draft early in a rebuild.
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

Connecticane88
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Connecticane88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. I was thinking go Guice and best qb. But I didn’t want to go to rb heavy because I feel like they come and go. But this doesn’t seem like a wr1 type of draft. I feel like the qbs would hold the most value if they land in the right spots.

LondonMonarchs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LondonMonarchs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:22 pm

I don't think you can wait until the 2nd round before you start taking QB's. I am trying to rebuild a 0-13 SF team (team in sig)...luckily I had some assets that allowed me to turn 2017 1.01 and Luck, into Wentz, Prescott and Carr (amongst other bits coming in in various deals). This is the foundation of my rebuild.

I would sooner build around my QB's because they should give me an 8yr+ window, rather than build up my RB's/WR's first which would give me a more narrow window once assets are in place (plus they are more likely to go up in value in SF)....if that makes sense.

I would be happy if I had drafted Wentz/Goff or Watson/Mahomes in the last couple of drafts. But hey....combine and draft will play a bit part in what you decide.
12 TE Prem - Orphan Full rebuild :!:
QB - S.Darnold, D.Lock
RB - J. Taylor, CEH, K. Hunt, A.McFarland, R.Armstead, D.Evans, D. Dallas, L.Bowden
WR - C. Lamb, J.Jeudy, J. Jefferson, H. Ruggs, D.Mims, L.Shenault, P.Campbell, Z.Pascal, A. Lazard
TE - T.Hockenson, B.Jarwin, D.Knox, J.Smith
2x 2021 1st

12team, PPR, SF
QB-RBx2-WRx2-SF-FLX
QB - Baker, Prescott, Stidham
RB - D.Freeman,A.Jones, Jam.Williams, R.JIII, K.Balage, G.Edwards
WR -Evans, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, C. Godwin, T.Higgins, A. Lazard
TE - D. Waller, I.Thomas

SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SteveVolk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 am

I'm on board with moving Tate but Landry still looks to me like the kind of guy who might be infuriating everyone by grabbing 100 catches at 9 yards per until he's in his mid-30s. I suppose I'd look into moving him, too, but I'd need a really good offer of multiple picks to unload him. Yes, you have to approach this with patience but with all the picks you've got a good draft here can really help the turnaround. I go RB at 1.02 and QB at 1.04 and then you're in more of a BPA position when your next first round picks come up. That said, if I am you, I'm breaking ties in favor of RBs and QBs. The ideal scenario is that you come out of the first round with two of each. I'd also agree on moving Bradford, Reed and Witten, and I'd say your risk at RB on youur current roster is very high. I am skeptical about McKinnon and Drake and I think you should look into moving one of them, too.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:12 am

do not move landry i dont know how that is one of the first suggestions people made for this team.

Take qbs man. i wold prob take the best rb at 2 and then use the other 3 firsts on qbs if possible but if the main ones are gone by the last first then take WR/RB whatever you feel is the better player/pick/value at that spot.

i wouldnt even sell tate unless you can get a high/mid first. if you get a couple pieces that have an immediate impact your team wont be trash
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 am

I'd take QBs with 1.02 and 1.04 and build around them. 1.08 should still get you a decent RB in this year's draft, especially in a SF. Most importantly, I'd be patient with that team. But if you can land 2 good, young QBs, it'll make it A LOT easier to rebuild than it would with a couple of young RBs and no QB.

Connecticane88
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Connecticane88 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:26 pm

That’s what I’m debating. Is Guice really a must take at 2? I could probably get Darnold and Rosen at 2 and 4 then still get a decent player at 8 and maybe another qb at 12.

Nobody will give anything close to Tate or reeds value.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Connecticane88 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:26 pm That’s what I’m debating. Is Guice really a must take at 2? I could probably get Darnold and Rosen at 2 and 4 then still get a decent player at 8 and maybe another qb at 12.

Nobody will give anything close to Tate or reeds value.
Exactly.

As for Tate, wait till the season starts and he puts up a game or two, and you'll be able to get more. Reed is going to be harder to trade. You can apply the same thought process with him and hopes he's healthy at the beginning of the season and has a good game or two before trying to move him.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:35 pm

You need QB help bad. Go hard on them in the draft. Come draft time, you may have someone who really wants Guice at 1.02 and you could trade for a haul.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst