Julio Jones Trade Value/1.01 Draft Selections

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
purplereign1990
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Julio Jones Trade Value/1.01 Draft Selections

Postby purplereign1990 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:48 am

It seems that even though Julio puts up the yardage and reception totals and hasn’t shown much decline in the talent department that people are dipping out on him because of his lack of TDs/Sarkisian’s inept playcalling. Is now a time to sell/what is a reasonable return for him? My team was drafted for the future and is extremely young (full PPR with 30 man rosters). Given my team structure is Barkley the no brainer pick at 1.01 despite the lack of QB/WR depth compared to RB (6pt passing TDs for QBs)?

QB: Dak, Mahomes
RB: McCaffrey, Henry, Carson, Chris Thompson, Foreman, Breida, Clement, Montgomery, DeAndre Washington, Woodhead
WR: Julio, Parker, M Bryant, DeDe Westbrook, Godwin, Hollins, Carlos Henderson, Chad Williams, Ryan Switzer, Michael Clark
TE: Engram, ASJ, Ebron, RSJ, Jonnu Smith, Vannett, Rico Gathers
12 Team League, 30 Player Rosters (inc. Def./K), 3 IR Spots, 3 Taxi Squad Spots, Superflex with 6 pt QB TDs, PPR.. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 SFlex

QB; Dak, Mahomes
RB: McCaffrey, Derrick Henry, Chris Thompson, Foreman Breida, Clement, D. Washington
WR: Parker, Martavis, Kupp, Golladay, Westbrook, Godwin, Hollins, Chad Williams, Switzer, Carlos Henderson (IR), Krishawn Hogan (IR), Michael Clark, Austin Carr (Taxi), KD Cannon (Taxi), DeAngelo Yancey (Taxi)
TE: Engram, ASJ, Ebron, Jonnu, RSJ, Rico Gathers (IR)

2018 Draft Picks: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06, 3.01, 3.02

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Julio Jones Trade Value/1.01 Draft Selections

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:00 am

I've seen Julio's lack of TDs get blamed on Sark on several occasions now, but people don't realize Julio was targeted more in the redzone/endzone this year than any other year in his career (saw this on twitter, but can't remember who posted it). So maybe the blame is more on Julio himself or Ryan not being accurate enough when targeting Julio...I don't know, but we need to stop blaming coaches for Julio not scoring TDs.

To answer your question though, yes, your team looks like it needs some retooling, so I'd move Julio and try to get younger. As for the 1.01, doesn't matter what your team looks like, you take Barkley.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:05 am

Recently did some reading on this subject and, from what a few "experts" are saying, it's more scheme than specific play calling. Routes Julio is asked to run recently are not the routes that he's best at running. Was even brought up during post game discussion following loss to Eagles: Julio ran 3 fade routes in a row at end of game, a route he allegedly isn't very good at running. So kind of play calling, kind of scheme ill fit, kind of not using your best guy how he's best used. Still, in the end, Julio needs to learn the play and execute it so I guess it does come down to Julio's issue to overcome. I'm still buying, TDs or no. (Personally, I have no idea what routes Julio does or does not run best, just listing what I read).
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lordchay » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:21 am

Based on the youth of your team, if you can get premium value still for Jones, it might be the right time to do so but right now might not be the best timing. Julio will have more value during the season when he is performing but I would field offers.
Too many teams to list here... :lol:

purplereign1990
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby purplereign1990 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:44 am

Yea my team doesn’t look like a world beater at the moment but this is a 16 team league so WRs were snatched up quickly. One guy recently offered me Thielen, Josh Gordon, 1.08 and a 2019 3rd rounder for Julio, 1.01 and a 2019 4th rounder which I felt was a bit of a joke given the premium value 1.01 has compared to 1.08 with Barkley available for the taking.

Any thoughts on any of the RBs on my team that might be good to sell for WRs? Not sure about Henry if they make a scheme change, TyMont or Carson anymore based on the options in GB or the draft depth at RB
12 Team League, 30 Player Rosters (inc. Def./K), 3 IR Spots, 3 Taxi Squad Spots, Superflex with 6 pt QB TDs, PPR.. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 SFlex

QB; Dak, Mahomes
RB: McCaffrey, Derrick Henry, Chris Thompson, Foreman Breida, Clement, D. Washington
WR: Parker, Martavis, Kupp, Golladay, Westbrook, Godwin, Hollins, Chad Williams, Switzer, Carlos Henderson (IR), Krishawn Hogan (IR), Michael Clark, Austin Carr (Taxi), KD Cannon (Taxi), DeAngelo Yancey (Taxi)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:48 am

purplereign1990 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:44 am Yea my team doesn’t look like a world beater at the moment but this is a 16 team league so WRs were snatched up quickly. One guy recently offered me Thielen, Josh Gordon, 1.08 and a 2019 3rd rounder for Julio, 1.01 and a 2019 4th rounder which I felt was a bit of a joke given the premium value 1.01 has compared to 1.08 with Barkley available for the taking.

Any thoughts on any of the RBs on my team that might be good to sell for WRs? Not sure about Henry if they make a scheme change, TyMont or Carson anymore based on the options in GB or the draft depth at RB
That offer was a joke. I thought that package was going to be for Julio and I was thinking it might still be light, but then I saw he wanted the 1.01 as well :wall: .

I probably wouldn't move Henry or CMC in your situation, but I'd see what Breida and Foreman would get you. Those two should have the most value of your remaining RBs.

purplereign1990
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby purplereign1990 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:48 am
purplereign1990 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:44 am Yea my team doesn’t look like a world beater at the moment but this is a 16 team league so WRs were snatched up quickly. One guy recently offered me Thielen, Josh Gordon, 1.08 and a 2019 3rd rounder for Julio, 1.01 and a 2019 4th rounder which I felt was a bit of a joke given the premium value 1.01 has compared to 1.08 with Barkley available for the taking.

That offer was a joke. I thought that package was going to be for Julio and I was thinking it might still be light, but then I saw he wanted the 1.01 as well :wall: .

I probably wouldn't move Henry or CMC in your situation, but I'd see what Breida and Foreman would get you. Those two should have the most value of your remaining RBs.
Totally agree. A few teams have asked about Breida and Foreman but not willing to give up much of anything. Foreman’s value might go up depending on what they do with him fully healthy so might be a good hold. Breida looked decent but could be worthless if they somehow land a top RB in the draft. I was actually offered Golladay and 1.05 for Henry and then a separate offer of a 2019 2nd for Montgomery. My league is stuck in a hold right now with most of the teams sitting idle until the rookie draft

QB; Dak, Mahomes

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:58 am

purplereign1990 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am Totally agree. A few teams have asked about Breida and Foreman but not willing to give up much of anything. Foreman’s value might go up depending on what they do with him fully healthy so might be a good hold. Breida looked decent but could be worthless if they somehow land a top RB in the draft. I was actually offered Golladay and 1.05 for Henry and then a separate offer of a 2019 2nd for Montgomery. My league is stuck in a hold right now with most of the teams sitting idle until the rookie draft
I'd probably take the 2nd for Monty. Not a big fan of the first offer though, but I'm also not a big fan of Golladay (I don't think he adds much value in that deal).