OBJ or Evans, AR15, Devonta Freeman?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who would you rather have?

OBJ
5%
Mike Evans + Allen Robinson + Devonta Freeman
95%

Total votes: 73

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: OBJ or Evans, AR15, Devonta Freeman?

Postby IR1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:51 am

Evans side, OBJ is the best piece, but the difference is less than Arob and Freeman
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jpusmc0311 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 am

HughHoney wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:37 am
jpusmc0311 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:40 am Evans has one "down year" and hes suddenly that far behind OBJ? How is this even a question? The Evans side by a mile.
While OBJ is clearly not worth all 3, I think he’s easily worth more than Evans and not because of one “down” year. But rather because OBJ’s average has been greater than Evans’ ceiling through 4 years. Look at their production. OBJ averaged more ppg in each of his 3 full seasons than Evans did in his best (2016). And for their careers, OBJ has averaged >5 ppg more than Evans. And his average is >2 ppg than Evans’ best year. How are they similar? OBJ has a higher ceiling and much higher floor.
I never said that they were similar. I asked how Evans' value was far enough to be worth freeman and AR15 just to become even....
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:09 am

jpusmc0311 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 am
jpusmc0311 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:40 am Evans has one "down year" and hes suddenly that far behind OBJ? How is this even a question? The Evans side by a mile.
While OBJ is clearly not worth all 3, I think he’s easily worth more than Evans and not because of one “down” year. But rather because OBJ’s average has been greater than Evans’ ceiling through 4 years. Look at their production. OBJ averaged more ppg in each of his 3 full seasons than Evans did in his best (2016). And for their careers, OBJ has averaged >5 ppg more than Evans. And his average is >2 ppg than Evans’ best year. How are they similar? OBJ has a higher ceiling and much higher floor.
I never said that they were similar. I asked how Evans' value was far enough to be worth freeman and AR15 just to become even....
Got it. I voted Evans side on this one too.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 am

According to DLF ADP for Jan 2018 this would be like trading (in a startup draft)

1.01 (Beckham)

for

1.08 (Evans)
2.10 (Freeman)
3.03 (Robinson)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am

In 2016 the two produced virtually identical numbers (Evans very slightly ahead both as a point total and ppg) and if you were to look back to last off season there were plenty of people on this forum who had Evans rated as their #1 dynasty WR ahead of OBJ primarily due to off field concerns they had with the latter. I don't agree with that assessment but the two are certainly close enough in value that there shouldn't be anyone here voting for the OBJ side given the two other pieces are quite valuable in their own right.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:37 am

skip wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am
In 2016 the two produced virtually identical numbers (Evans very slightly ahead both as a point total and ppg) and if you were to look back to last off season there were plenty of people on this forum who had Evans rated as their #1 dynasty WR ahead of OBJ primarily due to off field concerns they had with the latter. I don't agree with that assessment but the two are certainly close enough in value that there shouldn't be anyone here voting for the OBJ side given the two other pieces are quite valuable in their own right.
2016 was virtually the same (my PPR league scoring had OBJ very slightly ahead). But the fact that people had them even or Evans ahead was the reason for my post. That one year seems like a ceiling for Evans as it’s very different than his other 3 years. For OBJ it was actually a drop in production.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 am

That would be an incredible haul for any one player.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:41 pm

I accidentally clicked OBJ. This is very easily the Evans side. lol
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm

This trade is obviously way in favor of the Evans side but yes, Evans should be way behind OBJ. OBJ has been top 5 in PPG every year he's played and Evans hasn't even been top 12 more than once. Here are their PPG rankings each year of their career.

OBJ: WR1, WR3, WR6, WR3
Evans: WR13, WR26, WR3, WR20

I think a better way to characterize it might be "Evans has one good year and all the sudden he's close to OBJ"? It's kind of a joke that Evans is considered anywhere near OBJ. AR15+Freeman close the gap for sure, but let's not pretend Beckham and Evans are a toss-up. They've been equal one year and Beckham has been miles better all three other years.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:12 pm

skip wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am
HughHoney wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:37 am While OBJ is clearly not worth all 3, I think he’s easily worth more than Evans and not because of one “down” year. But rather because OBJ’s average has been greater than Evans’ ceiling through 4 years. Look at their production. OBJ averaged more ppg in each of his 3 full seasons than Evans did in his best (2016). And for their careers, OBJ has averaged >5 ppg more than Evans. And his average is >2 ppg than Evans’ best year. How are they similar? OBJ has a higher ceiling and much higher floor.
So in Mike Evans' career best season he was equal to OBJ's career worst season in PPG, and that's a good thing for Evans.

I get that people had Evans in the same tier as OBJ last year in startups, maybe even a head. But that was a poor ranking and they are kicking themselves for it now. Not to mention I'm not really sure how relevant rankings from a year ago are. Amari Cooper had top 5 overall ADP and Sammy Watkins had 1st round startup ADP back then. 12 months is a long time in fantasy football.

I'm not saying Evans is no good or anything, but he's very far from a perennial WR1, much less a perennial top 3 overall WR, which OBJ absolutely is.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:56 pm

If you are rebuilding then it’s a good deal but OBJ is hands down the best player.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 am

So TS update us, has he laughed and rejected your horrible offer yet?
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 am So TS update us, has he laughed and rejected your horrible offer yet?
Haha I accepted his offer, even prior to this thread. Just wanted to see what the reactions would be.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 pm

This is the type of trade that ruins league, looks like collusion if I was on the outside looking in! Evans side by miles
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

cptjonesb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby cptjonesb » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Evans side pretty easily