Rebuild - what are some of these guys worth?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rebuild - what are some of these guys worth?

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Team in signature

I’m looking to blow this team up.

Looking to build around Wentz, Mixon, and Thomas, but no one is totally off limits.

Not sure about some of the other younger guys though. Guys like Drake, Hilton, Funchess, Doctson, and Lee...they seem like their trade value is mediocre.

I’ve been a mediocre team for a few years now and apparently haven’t made drastic enough moves to get into the playoffs.

Suggestions would be awesome.

What are some of these guys worth:
Bortles - late 1st or early 2nd
Drake - mid 1st
Gio - mid 2nd
Hilton - early 1st
Funchess - late 1st
Doctson - late 1st
Lee - early 2nd
Zay - any 2nd?

I think this is what I would sell these guys for, but not sure if anyone would pay this? Am I close on these values?
Last edited by slaughterrt on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Rebuildteam

Postby stoneghost28 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:08 pm

Sounds like Drake is valued as a late first to a mid 2nd depending upon the people in the league. Nobody else is of trade value at RB.

At WR, unless I'm misreading names, nobody really carries enough value to be worth trading right now.

TE: Same issue

I don't play on the defensive end so I have no idea there.

In terms of offense, the only guy worth moving to me is Drake if there's anyone willing to give you a 1st. That's a real difficult situation because the pieces on offense to build a trade around aren't really there, you can only do deals that would open big holes elsewhere. Honestly, if I were you I'd try to move the first for a starter rather than trying to move players for picks. The '18 draft doesn't look good enough to justify keeping the 1.08 if you can get a good asset back for it.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Rebuild - what are some of these guys worth?

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:08 pm

What are some of these guys worth? I edited the original post to include my hopeful values.

Thoughts?

And also who might be some good buy-low types for the rebuild?

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Most of your expectations look reasonable other than Drake. No way am I giving up a first round pick for an RB who will end up back as a backup in 2018. Value on Gio also looks just a little high but not crazy.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Rebuildteam

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 pm

stoneghost28 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:08 pm Sounds like Drake is valued as a late first to a mid 2nd depending upon the people in the league. Nobody else is of trade value at RB.

At WR, unless I'm misreading names, nobody really carries enough value to be worth trading right now.

TE: Same issue

I don't play on the defensive end so I have no idea there.

In terms of offense, the only guy worth moving to me is Drake if there's anyone willing to give you a 1st. That's a real difficult situation because the pieces on offense to build a trade around aren't really there, you can only do deals that would open big holes elsewhere. Honestly, if I were you I'd try to move the first for a starter rather than trying to move players for picks. The '18 draft doesn't look good enough to justify keeping the 1.08 if you can get a good asset back for it.
I sorta agree with most of what you said. Only thing I disagree with is the 1.08 not holding the value. In a 16 team superflex, I would say that a mid first is pretty solid because of the number of QBs coming in which should push other players down.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:58 pm

I think most of your values seem on point or close. The only problem is the inflated value of rookie picks.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:58 am

Agree with others, your values look to be about right. Except for Drake (late 1st-early 2nd) and Gio (late 2nd-early 3rd).
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 am

i think your realistic on your values...but best case scenario, you only get a couple of those done...and your still stuck in no man's land with a bunch of youth. id argue that you've drafted or played the wire well to own guys that could potentially be blossoming right now.

your likely to land a qb or a top 5 with the 8. (you may want to trade it to address your te situation when on the clock). i think you have some sells...but i wouldnt give up on gio, your a mixon owner. owning his back up that can play is worth more to you than anyone else in the league.

the obvious "early offseason sells" here are drake, jones, taylor, byrd, geronimo. i would take what i could get and then let it ride until the draft, unless you get an offer you like. that could net you 5 picks to build around what you have, rather than parting ways with guys that are comming into their own.

no matter what you decide to do...i would not leave this draft without a te. the draft is deep enough to land a vet with your 2nd or 3rd when on the clock. your 8 is enticing enough to bring in the "high end te's" when on the clock.

another move that may get you over the top (assuming you address te) is trading hilton for a rb, when luck comes back. you can likely look for old rb + or prospect +. value is likely to tell you that he's worth cook or so...i doubt anyone pays that....but id gamble on howard or cmac, maybe get a 2nd or 3rd thrown in if you can.

i wouldnt lose track of the age of your team. you've been assembling a young team, and now your thinking about getting even younger. thats a recipe for disaster from my experiences.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 am

I see no reason for you to try and move Funchess at this time. After all you are talking about a WR who is just turning 24, has just had the "normal 3rd year breakout" and was almost a WR1 in a 16 team league (I think he is WR19 in .5 PPR). And all he can bring in is a late 1st at best - and if we are talking late 1st in 16 team thats basically an early 2nd. :wall: :nono:

I believe Funchess was in the late 1st to early 2nd draft range in the 2015 class - and he's actually had a top 24 WR season and owners want to sell at the same price that he would have cost when he first got drafted?

To me thats the easiest way to set yourself back, and/or become a farm team for other owners. I am not going to say Funchess is going to be an elite top 5 WR but who is to say he couldnt put up a top 12 season like Eric Decker, Marvin Jones, Emmanuel Sanders etc. At the very least he should be a solid WR3 for a 16 team roster where (I assume) you can roll out 4-5 WR (with flex spots). Olsen is getting older, the Panthers offense is improving and WRs that could have blocked Funchess are gone (Benjamin & Ginn).

Obviously every year we have rookies in the later half of the 1st, early 2nd, that will breakout - but you also, even in the 2017 class, will have those that start out rough so I see it at best a 50/50 proposition to get a player who is where Funchess is now.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:46 am I see no reason for you to try and move Funchess at this time. After all you are talking about a WR who is just turning 24, has just had the "normal 3rd year breakout" and was almost a WR1 in a 16 team league (I think he is WR19 in .5 PPR). And all he can bring in is a late 1st at best - and if we are talking late 1st in 16 team thats basically an early 2nd. :wall: :nono:

I believe Funchess was in the late 1st to early 2nd draft range in the 2015 class - and he's actually had a top 24 WR season and owners want to sell at the same price that he would have cost when he first got drafted?

To me thats the easiest way to set yourself back, and/or become a farm team for other owners. I am not going to say Funchess is going to be an elite top 5 WR but who is to say he couldnt put up a top 12 season like Eric Decker, Marvin Jones, Emmanuel Sanders etc. At the very least he should be a solid WR3 for a 16 team roster where (I assume) you can roll out 4-5 WR (with flex spots). Olsen is getting older, the Panthers offense is improving and WRs that could have blocked Funchess are gone (Benjamin & Ginn).

Obviously every year we have rookies in the later half of the 1st, early 2nd, that will breakout - but you also, even in the 2017 class, will have those that start out rough so I see it at best a 50/50 proposition to get a player who is where Funchess is now.
Agree with this 100%. Funch is actually younger than several 2017 rookies (Kupp and Golladay, for example). He’s another piece I’d be looking to build around unless you get a serious overpay, and that seems unlikely, as the dynasty community still largely undervalues him.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Yeah I’m not hell bent on selling any of these younger guys. I would prefer to let some of them (hopefully) develop a bit more. But for the right price, I would happily move on from them. However, I do want to get out of the “stuck in the constant rebuild” cycle.

Any suggestions on some buy low candidates that would help my team? Or should I just keep grinding it out?

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Honestly, in a 16 team league, this looks like it can be a playoff team and maybe even contend with some veterans. You can try to buy guys like Walker for cheap to help out your TE situation and someone like DT to add valuable depth at WR without giving up much. As long as Mixon takes the next step and Cinci improves their o-line, your RBs wouldn't be all that bad either.