Keenan v. Trubisky in a Superflex

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Keenan v. Trubisky in a Superflex

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:15 am

I have the Keenan for Winston post earlier, so I promise this is my last advice request on this subject. If we don't get something worked out this weekend, it probably isn't going to happen.
Another thought is to try Trubisky and the 1.09 for Allen, but when he rejects, to offer Trubisky and the 1.03. I really feel putting Allen on my squad would make the sting of losing the 3rd overall pick less harsh. Is that giving away the 1.03?
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

LondonMonarchs
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Keenan v. Trubisky in a Superflex

Postby LondonMonarchs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 am

I make a lot of mistakes so I wouldn't take my advice....but I would see how much needed to be added to Mitchell to get the 1.01. It is Superflex after all...he has to hold decent value with the 1.03 for example. The temptation to add Barkley to your backfield would mean you are set there and at QB/TE for years. You can then draft the hell out of WR hoping something sticks.
12 TE Prem - Orphan Full rebuild :!:
QB - S.Darnold, D.Lock
RB - J. Taylor, CEH, K. Hunt, A.McFarland, R.Armstead, D.Evans, D. Dallas, L.Bowden
WR - C. Lamb, J.Jeudy, J. Jefferson, H. Ruggs, D.Mims, L.Shenault, P.Campbell, Z.Pascal, A. Lazard
TE - T.Hockenson, B.Jarwin, D.Knox, J.Smith
2x 2021 1st

12team, PPR, SF
QB-RBx2-WRx2-SF-FLX
QB - Baker, Prescott, Stidham
RB - D.Freeman,A.Jones, Jam.Williams, R.JIII, K.Balage, G.Edwards
WR -Evans, Smith-Schuster, Golladay, C. Godwin, T.Higgins, A. Lazard
TE - D. Waller, I.Thomas

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:15 am

Edgy68 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:15 am I have the Keenan for Winston post earlier, so I promise this is my last advice request on this subject. If we don't get something worked out this weekend, it probably isn't going to happen.
Another thought is to try Trubisky and the 1.09 for Allen, but when he rejects, to offer Trubisky and the 1.03. I really feel putting Allen on my squad would make the sting of losing the 3rd overall pick less harsh. Is that giving away the 1.03?
Ask as many questions as you feel necessary to help you learn - there is no limit on advice.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:33 am

LondonMonarchs wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 am I make a lot of mistakes so I wouldn't take my advice....but I would see how much needed to be added to Mitchell to get the 1.01. It is Superflex after all...he has to hold decent value with the 1.03 for example. The temptation to add Barkley to your backfield would mean you are set there and at QB/TE for years. You can then draft the hell out of WR hoping something sticks.
I thought about this, but the owner of the 1.01 is well off at QB. He has need of RB, so it would be a severe overpay. Even more so since I'm in other leagues with him and he tends to overvalue his players and picks,
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:58 am

I still think Winston is the guy to sell. You'll keep 1.3 in the process to improve at RB or even grab a QB again
12 Team Superflex; RB: .25PPC, 1PPR, WR: 1.25PPR, TE:1.5PPR
Start (10) 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Superflex, 4FLEX

QB: Watson, Tagovailoa Garopollo, Minshew, J Hall, Winston, S Bennett, T Hill
RB: Hall, Walker, A Jones, K Miller, Ford, Spiller, Tucker
WR: Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, Aiyuk Ridley, Palmer, Iosivas, RJarrett
TE: McBride, , Engram, Kraft, Otton, Oliver

2023 Champ
2024 1.03, 1.07, 3.01, 3.03
2025 1st 2nd 3rd
2026 2nd 3rd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:04 am

I am going to assume the Allen owner is QB-needy which is why you keep targeting him?

You could try that; but seeing as he initially asked for Winston & 1.09 - you might be better looking elsewhere for a WR.

We are in January - the season does not start for almost 8 months; no rush to trade.

Mrowmix
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mrowmix » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:08 am

I'd be trying to move Winston in a one for one swap for Keenan. Keep Trubisky. He has much more room for growth and would be selling low on his trajectory at this point. Winston is what he is.

I wouldn't think of moving the 1.03 yet. That pick in a SF is highly valuable. Someone else may pay you a ransom when you are on the clock if "their guy" is available. With Rosen and Darnold looking like high end QB prospects, there's no reason to force a move with that pick. It's January!

Trubisky + the 1.03 is a high, high end package in a SF league. It arguably gives a rebuilding team their shot at a long term QB pairing - which is a rarity of an offer.

Move Winston for Keenan. If you need to, add something very small to Winston (even though the Keenan owner should be adding).

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:16 pm

It's not bad, but first I'd try to add a 2nd to the 1.08 before offering the 1.03.