Gurley+ for DJ+

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Gurley+ vs DJ+

Gurley and Cooper
74%
DJ and Cooks
26%

Total votes: 53

Golly Dagger
Starter
Starter

Re: Gurley+ for DJ+

Postby Golly Dagger » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:53 pm

This is basically even imo, but I would just prefer DJ and Cooks.
Team 1:
Fantasy Slams (est. 2015) - Golly Dagger
1st season: 7-7 (Missed playoffs)
2nd season: 7-6 (1st rd exit)
3rd season: 6-7 (Missed playoffs)
4th season: 11-2 (League Champ)
5th season: 9-4 (1st rd exit)

.5 PPR, 6pt TD, 4pt TD Pass, 25 roster, 14 team (6 Playoffs), 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1LB, 1DL, 1DB, 1 Flex IDP:

QB: Jackson, Darnold
RB: Mixon, Gurley, Guice
WR: Cooper, Golladay, Metcalf, Campbell, Boykin, Isabella, Ross, Dulin
TE: Kittle, I. Thomas
DL: J. Bosa
LB: Darius Leonard, Barrett, Esche
DB: Collins

Draft capital: 1.02, 1.06, 4.12, 5.04, 6.04, 7.04, 7.09

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:50 pm

ravn88 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:10 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:02 am I have DJ>Gurley because the Falcons held him to 101 yards on 14 carries, which is good for 7.4 ypc, and 4 catches for 10 yards on 10 targets . But what the stats don't tell you is that a lot of the rushing yards came off of a few chunk plays. And the rams offense that was some all mighty dominant force or nature put up 13 points against at good but nothing special Falcons D. What that tells me is that teams during the regular season played the rams all wrong, shut down Gurley, shut down the rams, so I expect Gurley to take a big step back after watching the Falcons game, he is still a stud and a great player, but the only thing
that has stopped DJ so far is an injury, and it isn't like the Cardinals were a great team in 2016 anyways, I expect 2000+ all purpose yards and a bunch of TDs, because the Cardinals have no red zone threat other than Fitz.

Tldr; Falcons focussed heavily on Gurley and shut down the whole rams offense, I think too many teams have Goff credit during the regular season. DJ has always produced and the Cardinals have never had a great offense, the only thing that stopped him so far has been a dislocated wrist

With a rookie QB under Center, and Maybe Fitz Maybe, not Fitz as the only WR.

What team in their right mind would not have 8 people up front once DJ is on the field ?
But what I was saying is that they could have easily stacked the box against DJ and he still feasted, and no one had an answer for DJ. People were saying palmer should have retired a bit ago, Fitz has been hot and cold for the past couple years, but his year end numbers are still nice. Plus the cards can look SO different from now by the time the season starts I can't comment on how that'll effect DJ, they can do nothing, or sign a FA QB like cousins or smith/draft a QB and sign Arob/Watkins if Fitz retires. Only thing I know is that Gurley got neutralized (aside from some chunk plays) by a middle of the pack defense in a do or die game, and his team's whole offense that was top of the league looked like it was bottom 15.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:07 pm To say there are no questions or concerns about the Rams is a bit naive.. especially after what the Falcons defense did to them (and they are a very mediocre defense).

With that said - I am legitimately shocked this is so one sided; wish I had Gurley so I could sell him. lol
I said there are no questions/concerns about a new QB or Offense. Not no concerns about the Rams. There are always concerns for every team but they are a vastly more significant concern for the Cards.

I think using a 1 game playoff sample is even more naive.
Team 1 (Sunday Collisions): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 27 Roster
**6 straight championships**
QB: Allen, Watson, Prescott, Purdy, Darnold, Ridder
RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Mixon, Cook, Mattison, Kelley, Blackshear
WR: Adams, Diggs, Devonta Smith, Diontae Johnson, Richie James, Van Jefferson, Landry, Duvernay
TE: Kelce, Ruckert
PK: Bass, Dicker
DEF: Ravens, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs
2023 Picks: 2.5

Team 2 (Shakeweight): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 25 Roster, 3 man rookie taxi

QB: Burrow, Cousins
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Gibson, Dillon, Patterson, Mason, Blackshear, Hilliard
WR: Tyreek, Juju, Diontae Johnson, Thielen, Bateman, Claypool, Landry, Corey Davis, Thornton
TE: Kelce, Hockenson, Engram
PK: Gano, Succop
DEF: Jets, Bucs
Taxi: Airton, Likely, Ferguson
2023 Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.10, 2,3, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 am

jeaton6 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:00 pm
Phaded wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:07 pm To say there are no questions or concerns about the Rams is a bit naive.. especially after what the Falcons defense did to them (and they are a very mediocre defense).

With that said - I am legitimately shocked this is so one sided; wish I had Gurley so I could sell him. lol
I said there are no questions/concerns about a new QB or Offense. Not no concerns about the Rams. There are always concerns for every team but they are a vastly more significant concern for the Cards.

I think using a 1 game playoff sample is even more naive.
x2 it was a rough loss for a young, inexperienced team in the playoffs. I would not use ATL's playoff win as an argument for LAR's offense regressing in 2018. Also, ARI's offensive line is #notgood, and while they could improve their QB and WR situation in the offseason, there are way more questions about Johnson given ARI's coaching and QB situation and surrounding talent than Gurley's.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd