Arob for J.Mixon

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Do I make this trade?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 43

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Arob for J.Mixon

Postby Vcize » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm
Goddard wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm Give him a better line, his numbers and film will look very, very different.
I hate this argument. You can literally say this for every single running back.
Yeah, and the other problem with it is that he didn't differentiate himself from his own teammates who were running behind the same line.

Gio: 4.4ypc
Mixon: 3.5ypc
Hill: 3.1ypc

And while it's easy to say Gio ran the ball in better situations (passing downs), his YPC was 4.3 in the three games he played as the early down back when Mixon/Hill were both out.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Phaded wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm I took Mixon @ 1.05 because of how this community hyped him up; I was excited because I needed RB (I also drafted Cook @ 1.04).
I watched him very closely this year; both because I drafted him and because my wife is a Bengals fan.

Honestly? I was quite disappointed. I think he is one of the most overhyped RBs there is.

Both of these players are "relatively" unproven - but give me ARob, you don't start a rebuild with an above-average RB. I will go with the WR who has elite upside.
Goddard wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm Give him a better line, his numbers and film will look very, very different.
I hate this argument. You can literally say this for every single running back.
Not necessarily. But what specifically about Mixon was disappointing? Early on yeah he was trying too hard. But PFF also gave him one of their best grades at Mixon not leaving yards on the field. Meaning when he got taken down at or behind the line, its not because he was dancing or missed the hole. Its because there was a defender in his face or no hole at all. Mixon is similar to Bell with the hesitation and "dancing". The difference is the Steelers have the scheme and Oline and chemistry that allows Bell to flourish. Whereas Mixon is going to have much less success with the same style. Put Bell behind the Cincy Oline and maybe you'd see something similar to Mixon.

Sorry to the OP for derailing.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 am

Phaded wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm (I also drafted Cook @ 1.04).
At least you got to see some goodness from Dalvin (who I was going to take at 1.03, but Cook went 1.02). Even if Mixon doesn't pan out (I'm still hopeful) hitting on 1 of 2 rookies is a solid batting average.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

NoEmpathy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NoEmpathy » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 am

IDK man, I understand why so many like the Mixion side of the deal, but A-Rob is a great WR who's value will spike if he goes to a good team in free agency.

A-Rob + 49ers?

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:56 pm Meaning when he got taken down at or behind the line, its not because he was dancing or missed the hole. Its because there was a defender in his face or no hole at all. Mixon is similar to Bell with the hesitation and "dancing".
Watch the tape. That's great that PFF graded him highly, but if you watch tape it's obvious he misses holes, and dances behind the line more than he should. Some ppl may put a spin on the dancing, saying he's trying to patiently wait for a block to develop, but he would straight up miss opportunities for yardage because he was indecisive ("patient") or lacked adequate vision. Like someone else referred to, go watch Gio's tape when Mixon and Hill were both out, Gio was far and away the better running back than Mixon was - that shouldn't happen if Mixon is the next great RB...right? how do you explain that away.

Like others have said, he's an amazing athlete, and if you give him the ball in space, he looks great, but he really needs to figure out the mental side to the game if he's going to be a true three-down back.

Don't get it all twisted either, he's a good RB. He's just not great, maybe he will be in the future but he's not right now. He is nowhere near top ten RBs at this moment in his career, and anyone who says otherwise is either trying to keep his value high in the dynasty community to sell him, or is in denial due to the draft capital they spent.

Long story short, keep Arob lol

*if Arob goes to SF like you asked, the hype would be insane coming into the season, and based on the accuracy I've seen from Jimmy G, I don't think it would be misplaced. Arob on SF is a fantasy jackpot for Arob owners.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:56 pm Meaning when he got taken down at or behind the line, its not because he was dancing or missed the hole. Its because there was a defender in his face or no hole at all. Mixon is similar to Bell with the hesitation and "dancing".
Watch the tape. That's great that PFF graded him highly, but if you watch tape it's obvious he misses holes, and dances behind the line more than he should. Some ppl may put a spin on the dancing, saying he's trying to patiently wait for a block to develop, but he would straight up miss opportunities for yardage because he was indecisive ("patient") or lacked adequate vision. Like someone else referred to, go watch Gio's tape when Mixon and Hill were both out, Gio was far and away the better running back than Mixon was - that shouldn't happen if Mixon is the next great RB...right? how do you explain that away.

Like others have said, he's an amazing athlete, and if you give him the ball in space, he looks great, but he really needs to figure out the mental side to the game if he's going to be a true three-down back.

Don't get it all twisted either, he's a good RB. He's just not great, maybe he will be in the future but he's not right now. He is nowhere near top ten RBs at this moment in his career, and anyone who says otherwise is either trying to keep his value high in the dynasty community to sell him, or is in denial due to the draft capital they spent.

Long story short, keep Arob lol

*if Arob goes to SF like you asked, the hype would be insane coming into the season, and based on the accuracy I've seen from Jimmy G, I don't think it would be misplaced. Arob on SF is a fantasy jackpot for Arob owners.
I watched every snap of Mixon. And what I am saying, along with PFF is there was rarely to no hole for Mixon to miss. When he did dance its because he had a wall of linemen in front of him and because he has that hesitant style, defenders closed before he could get going. Gio is a one cut and go runner. Which is obviously not going to have the same problems that Mixon had.

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 pm

AROB is the home run...your team is in brutal shape right now. I would go with AROB since hes a WR and likely longer future. Plus his ceiling is very high. Mixon could be good, but you need a lot of pieces
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 pm

I would take Mixon here without much thought

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 pm

Chandler Bing wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:22 pm I would take Mixon here without much thought
based off of what?
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ