Wanting to pick up Barber, should I make the room?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Wanting to pick up Barber, should I make the room?

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Right now I am stashing a lot of WR’s and obviously I need huge RB help. Pretty desperate for any glimmer of hope. Ware, Hill, and Conner are the only other options on the wire.

I thought the 1.06 would get me a good shot at a solid RB but starting to think it won’t.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Wanting to pick up Barber, should I make the room?

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:07 pm

Why wouldnt it? Guess it depends on the draft date - but Kamara/Hunt were available at 1.06 and sometimes so was Dalvin Cook. Seems like this RB draft, even with the loss of Love, is just as capable as the 2017 draft. Of course we'll know more once we see landing spots

Regardless it makes sense to add Barber if you can - but that depends on roster size and who you'd have to cut. I'd also consider all the other RBs you mentioned - however the fact that they are all available seems to suggest that it is a league with shallower roster size?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Roster size is 21 in a 12 team league. Roster is in my signature. Not really sure who I would drop honestly. I have tried to work some trades but the league has basically gone dormant.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Have you shopped the 1.06 around to see what kind of RB it would get you? You can always add a little something to get a player you really like.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:43 pm

I have tried quite a bit. Pretty much nobody in the league responds to emails now. Pretty much dead. I was wanting to work out a deal with Howard but that owner said he wanted to wait until the rookie draft to make any moves. Our rookie draft won’t be until August. Lol

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Maybe trying to add Barber is too much desperation and no patience on my part.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:14 pm

UATahoe wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:43 pm I have tried quite a bit. Pretty much nobody in the league responds to emails now. Pretty much dead. I was wanting to work out a deal with Howard but that owner said he wanted to wait until the rookie draft to make any moves. Our rookie draft won’t be until August. Lol
Ah you meant trade 1.06 into RB rather than draft RB. In any case waiting is better for you than him or any other owner / prospective buyer because the longer you hold onto the pick the longer an owner has to fall in love with a new rookie and want that rookie at 1.06.

Also with 21 man roster size - it might be harder to justify holding onto a Barber atm - and more likely they or the other RBs you mentioned will be around - seems like your league is a little quiet - so no need to worry about the WW players being swallowed up ...

You might be better served by just being patient - dont rush into any decisions you could regret because there are still 8 more months of off-season to go and anything can happen.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Also while I personally would drop Keelan Cole or James White other owners probably have other drop ideas, or would not drop anyone. However since your league is quiet - no need to make the move until you know how the Jax situation plays out.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:51 am

I would drop Joe Williams for Hill, Ware or Barber in that order
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 am

I wish i could hold all 3. LOL. I feel like all of them are a shot in the dark which means i would pick the one that doesnt pan out more than likely given my luck.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am

Barber is a decent stash. But I wouldn't drop anyone from your roster for him.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst