Juju V DT

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Juju V DT

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Ghosted wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:53 pm
skip wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 pm I still prefer DT to Juju but if you think it's the other way, the gap is small.
x2
May I ask why that is? I’m not trying to sound like an a-hole if that’s how this comes across just legitimately curious. To me I can’t help but rank juju higher after they put up roughly the same yards and TDS with juju playing less games and being 10 years younger

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 pm
skip wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 pm I still prefer DT to Juju but if you think it's the other way, the gap is small.
x2
May I ask why that is? I’m not trying to sound like an a-hole if that’s how this comes across just legitimately curious. To me I can’t help but rank juju higher after they put up roughly the same yards and TDS with juju playing less games and being 10 years younger
I agree. I'm higher on DT than most, but until I know who his QB is going to be next year, I don't see much of an improvement (if at all) on this year's production next year. As for Juju, he's only going to continue getting better and wouldn't be surprised at all if he outscored DT next year. Even if he doesn't and they put up similar numbers, the HUGE gap in age puts the value squarely on Juju's side.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm

x2

I just feel more confident that DT will be a difference maker over the next 3 years than JuJu, which I know is blasphemous to say around here. I like JuJu and I was extactic to see him build some value back after I thought I had lost a high devy pick, but I'm not quite 100% there yet like most of you guys.

colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby colonnaj94 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Give me JuJu for sure here, unless you can get DT + a mid 1st for Smith-Schuster
32 Team .5 PPR, 2 Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, Javonte Williams, Dillon
WR Pickens, Dell, Doubs, Reed, Mims
TE Freiermuth

12 Team PPR
QB Young
RB Harris, Pierce, Chandler, Bigsby, Kelley
WR Johnston, Wicks, Mingo, W Robinson, Z Jones, Marshall, Pierce, Toney, Perry
TE Freiermuth, Ferguson, Kraft, Gray
(3) 24 1sts, (5) 24 2nds, (2) 25 1sts, (2) 25 2nds

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Tagovailoa, Burrow
RB Chubb, Ford, Warren, Pierce, Javonte Williams, N Harris
WR Allen, Samuel, Pittman, Metcalf, Ridley, Rice
TE Goedert, Bryant, Hill
DL Watt, Sieler, Jones, P Smith, Simmons, Lawrence, Z Smith
LB Morrow, Deablow, To'oTo'o
DB Holland, Winfield, Wallace, Bell

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Mahomes, Tannehill
RB Mostert, Pacheco, Montogmery, Pierce, Ford, Warren, Javonte Williams
WR Chase, Allen, Sutton, Pittman, Doubs
TE Kelce, Hurst, Dulcich
DL Hunter, Cooper, Allen, Autry, Carter, Young
LB Franklin, Oluokun, Singleton
DB Smith, Curl, Love, Byard, McKinney

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:15 pm

x2
I agree. I'm higher on DT than most, but until I know who his QB is going to be next year, I don't see much of an improvement (if at all) on this year's production next year. As for Juju, he's only going to continue getting better and wouldn't be surprised at all if he outscored DT next year. Even if he doesn't and they put up similar numbers, the HUGE gap in age puts the value squarely on Juju's side.
Agree. I drafted DT and have owned him since. Always been higher on him than most and have turned down a lot of offers over the years. But easily JuJu here.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 am While DT has been a stud for several seasons, what we saw from JuJu's rookie year portends great things in his future from my perspective.
If we assume that Juju indeed produces that well (or better) for the forseeable future then sure... I'm not ready to make that leap. Amari Cooper has all but walked on water since he was drafted and then 2017 happened. Two great years then right in the shitter. I'd be hard pressed to rank him ahead of DT. Everyone is racing to back Davante Adams as well now. Guess they forgot how awful he was those first couple of years when that other guy was producing who was supposed to be the next great thing (Randall Cobb...where did he go?)

Admittedly, I've been a long-time supporter of DT. Not much needs to happen (sign a QB) for his situation to improve drastically. I'm also not buying into any kind of long term future for Roethlisberger and what changes with the firing of Todd Haley?

I hope you don't read this as a complete dismissal of Juju. I like him quite a bit and drafted him in multiple mock drafts prior to 2017 (wasn't able to land him in the real rookie draft). I'm just not yet prepared to crown him a transcendent talent.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Juju and it isn't close at all. I am baffled that people prefer DT.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 am

skip wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 pm I hope you don't read this as a complete dismissal of Juju. I like him quite a bit and drafted him in multiple mock drafts prior to 2017 (wasn't able to land him in the real rookie draft). I'm just not yet prepared to crown him a transcendent talent.
I didn't think of it as a dismissal, just surprised that you're still that much higher on DT though I see your argument. I used Dez in my example because I'd be concerned that if Denver's QB situation doesn't improve much, DT will end up in that "Dez zone" where you can't really trade him for anything that excites, so you might as well ride him until he's done.

I also don't dislike DT, and will have to decide if he's a keeper for me where I have him in that format. I've held him for the last 4 or 5 seasons there.

Agreed on Cobb though. Drafted him as a rookie for team in sig, finally cut bait before our waiver wire closed for Godwin. I don't think I'l end up regretting that decision much.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku