Saquon to Cleveland...

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Razzy22
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Saquon to Cleveland...

Postby Razzy22 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:15 pm

I have the 1.01 in this year's rookie draft. Barkley is the consensus pick. I am wondering if his value would change if he is drafted to a dumpster fire of a team like the Cleveland Browns? There is no other team that could wreck a player quite like the Browns could. Thoughts?

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Re: Saquon to Cleveland...

Postby flyersfan1981 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Might lower expectations but you have to take him...you know he is going to a bad team. Fournette did pretty good being drafted to a bad team.

I wouldn't worry about it...
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Don't over think it. It doesn't matter historically.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:00 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm Might lower expectations but you have to take him...you know he is going to a bad team. Fournette did pretty good being drafted to a bad team.

I wouldn't worry about it...
x2
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 pm

The Browns are where QBs go to die, not RBs. Duke has played very well there, and in spurts so has the Crow. IF the Browns dont screw this up, they get Alex Smith on a 2 year deal, draft a QB at #1 and Barkley at #4, think about the talent on that offense overall and a decent Oline. My biggest worry right now, is the Browns screwing everything up and hiring one of these puke bucket OC's.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 pm

I honestly think the management may have been the real dumpster fire in Cleveland. Add a reasonable qb and barkley to Coleman and njoku and Gordon and that line and I could see them winning 10 games next year

21TD
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 21TD » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Just take saquon and enjoy it. PSU alum here, he's going to be fine

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Still 1.01 by a lot.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 pm The Browns are where QBs go to die, not RBs. Duke has played very well there, and in spurts so has the Crow. IF the Browns dont screw this up, they get Alex Smith on a 2 year deal, draft a QB at #1 and Barkley at #4, think about the talent on that offense overall and a decent Oline. My biggest worry right now, is the Browns screwing everything up and hiring one of these puke bucket OC's.
Mostly true, though the Browns issue at QB is that they continue to pass on the top ones and take the leftovers. Of course they are going to fail. TRich was also fine in Cleveland as was Hillis.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

NoEmpathy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NoEmpathy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 pm

The Browns are going to turn things around in 2018+2019. They have a solid group of good young talent, a boat load of picks, & cap space.

Kizer made way to many mistakes in 2017, so the spotlight was directly on him and the playcaller, Hue Jackson. A player like Barkley, with his ability to make plays, would absolutely take a ton of pressure off the coach and QB. Plus Kizer should be on the bench assuming Cleveland brings in a vet like Smith, McCown, or a bluechipper rookie QB.

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:09 am

I'm still taking Saquon- It would take something pretty drastic to happen for me to pass on him at this point.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:08 pm The Browns are where QBs go to die, not RBs. Duke has played very well there, and in spurts so has the Crow. IF the Browns dont screw this up, they get Alex Smith on a 2 year deal, draft a QB at #1 and Barkley at #4, think about the talent on that offense overall and a decent Oline. My biggest worry right now, is the Browns screwing everything up and hiring one of these puke bucket OC's.
And I'm hoping that the Browns DO screw this up, and Alex Smith or Cousins end up in DEN, with the Broncos acquiring Barkley #5 overall (they haven't been shy in saying they would if he was there). Or, maybe trading up to 4 and grabbing him from CLE. I know we need O linemen, but we can likely add through the FA class, no OL seems worthy of a top 10 pick to me this year.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 am

NoEmpathy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 pm The Browns are going to turn things around in 2018+2019. They have a solid group of good young talent, a boat load of picks, & cap space.

Kizer made way to many mistakes in 2017, so the spotlight was directly on him and the playcaller, Hue Jackson. A player like Barkley, with his ability to make plays, would absolutely take a ton of pressure off the coach and QB. Plus Kizer should be on the bench assuming Cleveland brings in a vet like Smith, McCown, or a bluechipper rookie QB.
Browns have been known to make some terrible picks and front office decisions despite all the cards in their favor. I just read that that they are considering McAdoo as their OC. facepalm.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 am

darewood11 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 pm I honestly think the management may have been the real dumpster fire in Cleveland. Add a reasonable qb and barkley to Coleman and njoku and Gordon and that line and I could see them winning 10 games next year

This is the funniest thing I have heard in awhile!

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:27 am

A lot of people listing off the occasional good season players have had, but the scary thing about Cleveland is the complete lack of players that have had sustained fantasy success.

When was the last time someone on Cleveland had three top 12 seasons at their position? Heck, has anyone even had two in recent history?

Maybe I'm missing someone, but I don't think it's happened a single time in the last 20 years. Maybe even longer.

Not enough to bump down a guy like Saquon from the 1.01 or anything, but at least something to be concerned about.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert