Need some fresh eyes on this roster

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bigheadmikele
Role Player
Role Player

Need some fresh eyes on this roster

Postby bigheadmikele » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Hello all,

Team 1 in sig. Feel like I've got a bunch of decent chances at the WR position, Russell Wilson, good IDP squad, and not much else. Have 1.05/1.09/1.12 in next draft. Would going after 1.01 be advisable? My concern is I really need more than 1 good RB in a bad way. Or should I keep the picks and throw 2/3 first round darts at RB? Seems like a pretty decently deep class.

In summary-
1. Do you agree with my assessment in team strengths/weaknesses? Why or why not?
2. Negotiate for 1.01 or BPAx3?
3. Is there something you'd consider in my shoes that I haven't listed?

Thanks to all who take the time to reply.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Need some fresh eyes on this roster

Postby Goddard » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Yes, you need some RB help. Not sure going after the 1.01 will be worth it, because you'll have to give up all 3 1sts, and even then it probably won't be enough. I'd shop 1 or 2 of those picks for a proven RB closer to draft time when value for the picks go up.

bigheadmikele
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bigheadmikele » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 pm Yes, you need some RB help. Not sure going after the 1.01 will be worth it, because you'll have to give up all 3 1sts, and even then it probably won't be enough. I'd shop 1 or 2 of those picks for a proven RB closer to draft time when value for the picks go up.
Thanks for the reply, Goddard. You are really good at replying to as many posts as you possibly can, lol. That's something I have not considered, but will now.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 pm

I agree your biggest need is a RB and a WR3. You have a lot of undervalued people right now that could gain a lot of value next season if they prove they are healthy again ARob, Edleman, and some developing, high-pedigree WRs in Davis and Williams. With this year having a supposedly deep RB class, I think you'll be better of holding your three first over trying to get the 1.01. You may not get a super stud, but you might get two studs. (Last year you could have gotten Fournette or possibly Cook, Kamara, and Hunt!) I'd play the odds of hitting on multiple guys.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:40 pm

I would have to concur with Goddard but obviously a lot depends on what trading and rookie draft is like in your league ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 pm Yes, you need some RB help. Not sure going after the 1.01 will be worth it, because you'll have to give up all 3 1sts, and even then it probably won't be enough. I'd shop 1 or 2 of those picks for a proven RB closer to draft time when value for the picks go up.
^
Agree with this but if you can't get a top rb I'd use my 1st to stab at 3 rbs.

Suhmdog
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Suhmdog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Obviously you need rb help. I feel if you can trade your 3 picks and say Parker or Bryant for the 1 you do it. If you cabt do something like that I'd honestly just hold the picks.

bigheadmikele
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bigheadmikele » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:00 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:40 pm I would have to concur with Goddard but obviously a lot depends on what trading and rookie draft is like in your league ...
Overall, not a ton of trading, but a few owners are pretty open and active. Rookie draft this past year was RB heavy. Think I got Corey Davis at like pick 1.05.

bigheadmikele
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bigheadmikele » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:02 am

kamihamster wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 pm I agree your biggest need is a RB and a WR3. You have a lot of undervalued people right now that could gain a lot of value next season if they prove they are healthy again ARob, Edleman, and some developing, high-pedigree WRs in Davis and Williams. With this year having a supposedly deep RB class, I think you'll be better of holding your three first over trying to get the 1.01. You may not get a super stud, but you might get two studs. (Last year you could have gotten Fournette or possibly Cook, Kamara, and Hunt!) I'd play the odds of hitting on multiple guys.
I feel like with Arob, Edelman, the rest of the squad should be able to produce a WR3. Honestly I'd think my position group has a lot of WR2/3 types and not really any proven wr1. Arob has the potential for sure.