Someone said they are interested in a few of my players.

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Someone said they are interested in a few of my players.

Postby tom14cat14 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:13 am

He hasn't offered anyone but asked if I would be trading 1 qb and Lewis and what I want. This is my Ironman team. Looking at his team players who interest me would be Freeman, T. Coleman, Kupp, Julio, and Goff. To me it doesnt really make sense for either of us to trade Jimmy and Goff since we would just be swapping QB's. Same with Lewis for Freeman.

He is interested in:
Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB
Watson, Deshaun HOU QB
Lewis, Dion NEP RB

Do you guys see any kind of trade? I am weak at RB as Lewis is my RB2 and then it goes to Mike Davis. I would like to get younger and more secure at RB. I also would like to sell high on Lewis. If I keep Watson and trade Jimmy I would have Carr as QB2.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Someone said they are interested in a few of my players.

Postby skip » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 am

He's the one asking, I wouldn't be doing any of the leg work. Unless he's willing to make an offer, you just tell him anyone is available at the right price.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:45 am

skip wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 am He's the one asking, I wouldn't be doing any of the leg work. Unless he's willing to make an offer, you just tell him anyone is available at the right price.
This, unless he has someone you specifically want to die hard target, which it doesn't seem like you do.

Bisquiteen Trisket
Starter
Starter

Postby Bisquiteen Trisket » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 pm

This frustrates me a lot. There is one particular owner who always says, “what do you want for X player?” The owner almost never makes the first offer, and when they do, it’s super light. SMH...I’m to the point where I won’t discuss unless an offer is in my inbox. If it’s light, it will now sit there until it expires, without feedback.

Moral of the story, don’t waste your time.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:04 pm

I agree that you should let him do the work, but I think I'd send Jimmy G and D. Lewis for the Freeman/Coleman combo. You get an upgrade at RB now and potentially 2 starters if Coleman leaves Atl. Jimmy G looks good, but so did Watson. Car as QB2 is fine...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Jak
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jak » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:38 pm

I know what the other guys are saying about letting him make the offer, and it can get frustrating if someone makes you do all the work. However, you have an owner that says he's interested in a few of your players and you could be in the drivers seat. I would start a conversation; gauge his interest in your players and find out who he may be willing to trade. Makes no sense to put together a Julio trade if that is an "off-limits" player for him. Good Luck!
Cobra Kai
QB - P Rivers, M Mariota, R Tannehill
RB - L Bell, M Gordon, K Drake, R Burkhead, I Smith, G Edwards
WR - D Hopkins, B Cooks, C Godwin, R Anderson, A Miller, M Valdes-Scantling, J Gordon, D Pettis, P Williams
TE - G Kittle, H Henry, W Dissly

Barfly
QB - A Rodgers, J Winston, M Mariota
RB - L Bell, J Mixon, D Henderson, C Hyde, L Murray, J Jackson
WR - D Hopkins; AJ Green, S Diggs, C Godwin, D Pettis, L Fitzgerald, J Gordon, C Conley, P Williams
TE - A Hooper, H Henry, T Burton, M Andrews

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 am

Bisquiteen Trisket wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 pm This frustrates me a lot. There is one particular owner who always says, “what do you want for X player?” The owner almost never makes the first offer, and when they do, it’s super light. SMH...I’m to the point where I won’t discuss unless an offer is in my inbox. If it’s light, it will now sit there until it expires, without feedback.

This is from someone that I am in a few leagues with and he is on the verge of no trade territory unless he sends an offer. The few offers he has sent are very very one sided.

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 am

Jak wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:38 pm I know what the other guys are saying about letting him make the offer, and it can get frustrating if someone makes you do all the work. However, you have an owner that says he's interested in a few of your players and you could be in the drivers seat. I would start a conversation; gauge his interest in your players and find out who he may be willing to trade. Makes no sense to put together a Julio trade if that is an "off-limits" player for him. Good Luck!
Thank you for your calming words :D I was about to just tell him send an offer an ignore him because this owner always wants to win the trade by a landslide. So I was close to putting him the no trade unless I like his offer penalty box. But you are right I should gauge his interest and see if I can get a good deal since he is asking.

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 am

Bisquiteen Trisket wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 pm This frustrates me a lot. There is one particular owner who always says, “what do you want for X player?” The owner almost never makes the first offer, and when they do, it’s super light. SMH...I’m to the point where I won’t discuss unless an offer is in my inbox. If it’s light, it will now sit there until it expires, without feedback.

I got the same thing in my league. Problem is, we have a few owners with less experience that this works on and he ends up ripping them off asa result because they end up selling low on players without shopping them. So frustrating.

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 am

Well just an update, he sent 2 offers.

Give:
Watson
Lewis
Goodwin

Get Julio

Offer 2

Give
Watson
Hill

Get Julio

Instantly rejected both. I am not high on Julio. I will take hill over Julio

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 am

tom14cat14 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 am Well just an update, he sent 2 offers.

Give:
Watson
Lewis
Goodwin

Get Julio

Offer 2

Give
Watson
Hill

Get Julio

Is this 1QB? If so, I'd do the first trade of Watson + Lewis + Goodwin + 1.12 for Julio pretty easily.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:49 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 am
tom14cat14 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 am Well just an update, he sent 2 offers.

Give:
Watson
Lewis
Goodwin

Get Julio

Offer 2

Give
Watson
Hill

Get Julio

Is this 1QB? If so, I'd do the first trade of Watson + Lewis + Goodwin + 1.12 for Julio pretty easily.
Same while i agree with rejecting the second, I'd definitely make the second and I consider myself lower than most on Julio

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:44 am

I really just am not a big fan of Julio. It is a 1QB league 14 team. It is very hard to buy any QB.

Suhmdog
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Suhmdog » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:42 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:04 pm I agree that you should let him do the work, but I think I'd send Jimmy G and D. Lewis for the Freeman/Coleman combo. You get an upgrade at RB now and potentially 2 starters if Coleman leaves Atl. Jimmy G looks good, but so did Watson. Car as QB2 is fine...
X1000

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Give:
Watson
Lewis
Goodwin

Get Julio

Offer 2

Give
Watson
Hill

Get Julio

I like the first trade here
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol