What to do when you see your team in a post

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

What to do when you see your team in a post

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Legitimately wondering what I should do when I see my team as the other team in a post on here. Used to not happen much so I’d just act like I never saw it but as I pick up more and more teams it’s been happening more frequently so what do you guys do in this situation?

If this is in the wrong place please bump it to the right one

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: What to do when you see your team in a post

Postby Go Bucks » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Don't reply in the thread, but follow it to see what advice your trade partner is receiving.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Create a throwaway account and persuade them to accept the deal you proposed. :twisted:
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm

I don’t think there’s a specific protocol. I’m assuming it’s ususally in regard to trades, so you could either announce yourself as the other team and explain why you think it’s a good trade, or just pretend to be another anonymous commenter and try to convince the other guy to take the trade. You’re only one voice out of hundreds, so I don’t see anything particularly shady about it. If you feel like commenting, comment. If not, move on to the next thread.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 pm

advocate for your benefit or leave it be is what id do
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

jpusmc0311
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jpusmc0311 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm Create a throwaway account and persuade them to accept the deal you proposed. :twisted:
THIS :dance:
Team 1: 10 TEAM PPR. 0.2 PPC 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1FLEX 2IDP 1 D/ST 1K
QBs - Bridgewater, Cousins, Darnold, Rudolph
RBs - Miles Sanders, Ronald Jones, Mixon, Fournette, Mike Davis, Gio Bernard, T. Coleman, Damien Williams, Love
WRs - DHop, Chris Godwin, DK Metcalf, DJ Chark, Beckham Jr, DJ Moore, Sutton, Kirk, Edelman, Tre'Quan Smith, Anthony Miller, Van Jefferson, Jalen Guyton, Peoples-Jones, Marcus Johnson
TEs- Kittle, Hockenson, Tonyan, Njoku, Trautman
IDP: Lavonte David, Roquan Smith
K: Greg Zuerlein

Team 2: 12 Team PPR 1QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX
QBs - Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Lock, Eason
RBs - Barkley, Cook, Swift, Cam Akers, Mack, K. Johnson,
WRs - Michael Thomas, A Robinson II, Chark Jr, Tee Higgins, Woods, Sutton, B Edwards, Hardman, Zach Pascal, Van Jefferson, Berrios, Gandy-Golden, Tyler Johnson, P Campbell
TE - Fant, Ebron, Kmet

Mrowmix
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mrowmix » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Start being more discreet with your posts as well. If you see them, then they see you. Not hard for them to start figuring out your tendencies and what you value by looking at your history of posts.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:35 pm

I could care less if my league mates are on here. I don't hide my intentions, not really. Some of the most painless trades I've completed have sprung from the "Hey Bob, you've got these 3 guys I like. Can you pick out 2-4 assets that you'd want from my team, that you think would be fair? Let's make a deal" variety. Doesn't always work out so smoothly, but neither does being all cloak & dagger.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:17 pm

I would leverage the feedback to make it a fair deal. If the feedback is ‘you win easy’, you have room to get something. He’s doing the work for you. Ultimately both sides should want what is still a fair deal, but where you feel you won, so just use it as a free resource. If it’s a poll, use it to your advantage...nothing wrong with that if someone actually wants others opinions rather than make their own judgements. All part of the game IMO.

Be happy your other owner isn’t an idiot as well and takes the time to avoid getting abused. Those people are worse to have than motivated owners.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Haven’t seen any yet. I’m mainly on here to discuss, learn, and offer my input. Have only started one thread asking for advice. Go with my own instinct on team decisions.

cd6696
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cd6696 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:46 pm

I generally don't say anything, but rather I have a list of various owners from my leagues that post on the forums. While it's not a crazy advantage, it does offer some insight into the way they think and value players or picks. It can you a good idea of what to offer, or who they may be discounting, etc.

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 pm

Obviously if they are asking the community the trade intrigues them. While yes it could be annoying that people are like posting auto-decline or w/e. but a lot of times with out seeing both team needs/scoring etc. you can't really give a fair assessment.

It's important to remember that your team doesn't need to make that trade. There will be plenty of other offers and opportunities that come along. No point in arguing with every person, everyone values players differently. The owner may just be doing it because they know you are on here and want to get a rise out of you. lol