Buy Low Candidates?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Buy Low Candidates?

Postby bigbuck22 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:13 am

I thought I'd start a thread about potential buy low candidates heading into the offseason.

Throw out some names, reasoning, and what you think they are worth (probably pick wise or player value comp).

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Re: Buy Low Candidates?

Postby Easy Breesy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 am

Jordan Matthews, due to injury and having a down year, might be able ti get him for a late2nd early 3rd. Also Ty Hilton, because of not having Luck he was extremely boom or bust and people panicking about Luck might be panicking about Hilton, You cab get him for a late1st early 2nd depending on he league and owner.
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 am

I stashed a few players on IR during the year, including Q.Enunwa of the Jets and Spencer Ware of KC. Both may be mid-level free-agent aquisitions this year. Track them to see where they land.

I also would consider Jordan Matthews and Phillip Dorsett buy-low candidates, with being in a relatively good place to catch passes, and having a higher draft pedicree to accomplish that job.

Blaine Gabbert may be a bridge QB in Arizona, but the coach who was singing his praises for this is now gone. Keep an eye on the Cardinals draft pickup for QB.

I also think you can acquire Jordan Reed for a steel this year, but be prepared for all the injury tags that come with him.

g'luck!
THE PYRATES. Terrorizing this league since 2006 - Playoffs (06,07,10,11,13-16,18, 19)
4 Division titles, 5 Superbowls (2006, 2013-2016), 2013 CCFL Champions

QB: D.Watson, T.Bridgewater, C.Newton, AJ.McCarron, J.Hurts-R
RB: D.Henry, K.Drake, A.Dillon-R, D.Evans-R, R.Armstead, D.Lewis, F.Gore, B.Hill, D.Williams, D.Dallas-R,
WR: M.Evans, J.Smith-Schuster, C.Ridley, C.Kirk
TE: T.Kelce, C.Herndon
K: M.Gay, M.Prater
DEF Texans, Seahawks

14-team, 2 division, non-ppr with salary caps. Starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DST
Pillage FIRST! THEN burn. Doing it the other way around is pointless.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:39 pm

ARob, Cooper, Howard, Green, Garcon, Freeman, Davis, Mixon, Hyde, Tevin Coleman

Most of these are players that under performed this season, and can maybe be had at a discount. Garcon could likely over perform his current value, so he's a clear buy for me. And Coleman will be in the last year of his contract in 2018, his value could sky rocket if he goes to a good situation after the season. I could list players all day but I got tired of thinking. lol
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

Motay316
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Motay316 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Jamison Crowder-This guy was being talked about as being the next Antonio Brown but a hamstring injury in the pre-season lingered most of the year. I feel that he is extremely undervalued and with the underwhelming Josh Doctson and Jordan Reed as the only viable options to steal targets from him I think his arrow should be pointing up. With this being said a lot will depend on if Kirk Cousins stays and if so what QB replaces him.

Devante Parker-Young big play receiver who was hurt for a majority of the year and had to again play with sub-par QB play. He was hyped up all off season and had a pretty good pre-season and start to the season before injuries and poor QB play took over. I would definitely buy Parker and hold him because the upside is there, he just needs to put a complete season together.
Team A-1 Pt PPR, 1 Pt per 10yds rec, rushing, 1 Pt 30 yds passing, 6 Pts per TD, 2 pts per tackle
QB-Rodgers, Lawrence, Tannehill
RB-CMC, Henry, Kamara, Patterson, Mattison
WR-Waddle, Lamb, Godwin, Aiyuk, Thomas,
TE-Andrews, Engram, Njoku, Smith Jr., Henry
K-
DL-Leonard, Wilkins, Buckner
LB-Wagner, Werner, Leonard
DB-Buddah Baker, Jamal Adams, Harrison Smith, White

Team B-1 Pt PPR, 1 Pt per 10yds rec, rushing, 1 Pt 30 yds passing, 6 Pts per TD, 2 pts per tackle
QB-A. Richardson, Rodgers, L. Jackson, Love
RB- Conner, McGlaughlin
WR-Chase, Kupp, McLaurin, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kirk, Dotson
TE-Ferguson, Higbee
K-Blankenship
DL- Wilkins, Hunter
LB-David, Hendricks, CJ Mosely, Holecomb
DB- Baker,

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Antonio Brown- Here me out here. I'm not saying that he'll be cheap but he could be a legit buy low candidate for a team looking to win now. There is no other player in the league that offers his kind of consistency at the receiver position while still having the ability to just plain and simple win a week. With his age hitting 30 and the talk of a possible Big Ben retirement, you might be able to get him for cheaper than he's worth.

btaylor383
Rookie
Rookie

Postby btaylor383 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm Antonio Brown- Here me out here. I'm not saying that he'll be cheap but he could be a legit buy low candidate for a team looking to win now. There is no other player in the league that offers his kind of consistency at the receiver position while still having the ability to just plain and simple win a week. With his age hitting 30 and the talk of a possible Big Ben retirement, you might be able to get him for cheaper than he's worth.
Love this.
12 team, .5ppr, 6pt QB TD, 22 man roster

QB - Russell Wilson, Eli Manning, DeShone Kizer
RB - Derrick Henry, CJ Prosise, Chris Thompson, Marlon Mack, De'Angelo Henderson, Jeremy McNichols
WR - Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Jeremy Maclin, Josh Doctson, Chris Conley, Quincy Enunwa, Curtis Samuel, Laquon Treadwell, Leonte Carroo, Chris Godwin, Jeff Janis, Chad Williams,
TE - Jack Doyle, David Njoku, Tyler Higbee
2 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd, 2 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd

12 team, .5ppr, Superflex, 25 man roster

QB - Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, AJ McCarron
RB - Todd Gurley, LeSean McCoy, Danny Woodhead, Ameer Abdullah, Jeremy McNichols
WR -Antonio Brown, Adam Thielen, Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate, Chris Godwin, Pierre Garcon, Quincy Enunwa
TE - Jimmy Graham, ASJ, Jason Witten
2018 1.05

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:19 am

Motay316 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:40 pm Jamison Crowder-This guy was being talked about as being the next Antonio Brown but a hamstring injury in the pre-season lingered most of the year. I feel that he is extremely undervalued and with the underwhelming Josh Doctson and Jordan Reed as the only viable options to steal targets from him I think his arrow should be pointing up. With this being said a lot will depend on if Kirk Cousins stays and if so what QB replaces him.

Devante Parker-Young big play receiver who was hurt for a majority of the year and had to again play with sub-par QB play. He was hyped up all off season and had a pretty good pre-season and start to the season before injuries and poor QB play took over. I would definitely buy Parker and hold him because the upside is there, he just needs to put a complete season together.
I would add to this that Parker could be the legit WR1 in Miami next year. Landry is a free agent. If he makes it to the open market, my bet is he signs elsewhere leaving Parker and Stills as the main receiving threats.

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm

bigbuck22 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:19 am
Motay316 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:40 pm Jamison Crowder-This guy was being talked about as being the next Antonio Brown but a hamstring injury in the pre-season lingered most of the year. I feel that he is extremely undervalued and with the underwhelming Josh Doctson and Jordan Reed as the only viable options to steal targets from him I think his arrow should be pointing up. With this being said a lot will depend on if Kirk Cousins stays and if so what QB replaces him.

I would add to this that Parker could be the legit WR1 in Miami next year. Landry is a free agent. If he makes it to the open market, my bet is he signs elsewhere leaving Parker and Stills as the main receiving threats.
And Parker will disappoint even more when he's expected to carry the full load. hahahaha
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Some players I think could be of interest:

Jordan Matthews, others have mentioned him so I will not further the reasoning.
Jermey Hill, he's a free agent, still young and may land in a spot where he gains some value.
Lamar Miller, there is a lot of speculation about his role next year, maybe you can convince a potential owner to sell low.
Gio, I think in ppr he may have some value as a fill in for byes or when injuries hit.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby drbuttermaker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:13 pm

thomasscheeks wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm And Parker will disappoint even more when he's expected to carry the full load. hahahaha
As a Dolphins fan I can attest to the accuracy of this statement. Stay away and sell nowfpr whatever you can.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:42 pm

drbuttermaker wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:13 pm
thomasscheeks wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm And Parker will disappoint even more when he's expected to carry the full load. hahahaha
As a Dolphins fan I can attest to the accuracy of this statement. Stay away and sell nowfpr whatever you can.
I plan to wait for the preseason hype to sell, but will do so at the earliest possible time before the season starts.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Edgy68 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:42 pm
I plan to wait for the preseason hype to sell, but will do so at the earliest possible time before the season starts.
I would wait until after free agency. If Landry leaves, it'll push Parker up in the eyes of some.
If he stays, Parker's price remains the same.
Last edited by bigbuck22 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 pm

bigbuck22 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 pm
Edgy68 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:42 pm

I would wait until after free agency. If Landry leaves, it'll push Parker up in the eyes of some.
If he stays, Parker's price remains the same.

bigbuck22
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigbuck22 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 am

Another name I will be monitoring is D'Onta Foreman.

If his recovery is heading in the right direction, he could be worth an add as he was beginning to take on a larger role in that backfield. He should come at a very reasonable price.