What do I do next?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

What do I do next?

Postby ddog2303 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 am

I know this is a bit early but I need some opinions to help with my frustration. This is for the team in my signature. What should i do? This is a salary cap league where 50% of my salary is tied up in WRs. DJ is due a huge extension ($85) which I can’t afford. I can keep him on his rookie contract for one more year and potentially franchise him next season but I’d still need to clear up cap space for that (have $11 available of $695)

My question starts with my frustration with injuries. I’ve had a top 2 roster in the league each of the last four years but injuries kill me every year. Even with my deep roster I’m losing in the playoffs because of in game injuries and long term injuries early in the season. I lost DJ, Cook and Watt early, Fournette and Wentz after week 14 and AB and Keenan Allen got hurt during week 15.

I’m just tired of injuries killing me every season. I’ve only made the championship once in these last four seasons and it’s growing old (haven’t won a title). Should I clear cap space by moving Julio or AB ($67 and $70) to extend DJ or do I keep doing what I always have and continue to keep my stud WRs together and draft RBs at the top of the draft?

I have 1.02 and 1.03 with another pick that will be 1.05 or 1.06. I am set up to draft early RBs with a WR sprinkled in but my frustration with injuries makes me want to change it up. I’ve had the thought of trading my expensive WRs that are a bit older (AB and Julio) and pay RBs instead but i just don’t know if it’s worth it. What would you do?
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Re: What do I do next?

Postby darkadun » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 am

I’d probably see what I can get for AB and DJ. Ideally younger players that are inexpensive and picks. With your picks this year you should be stacked at RB for a long time. Or, trade AB and Julio and extend DJ who is still young. You should be a able to get a good WR prospect this year plus your deep at the position anyways.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What do I do next?

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 am

Injuries are frustrating as hell, but we all deal with it, unfortunately. I personally would have moved DJ early during the season for someone who would have helped you this year and not have had to worry about the cap space afterwards. I still think I'd look to move DJ and Julio to teams that think they can be competitive next year for cheaper, younger options with high upside (and maybe some picks on top). You have a really strong team and I think you'll still be competitive next year without those two.