Deciding on whether to go all in

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ddaps
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Deciding on whether to go all in

Postby ddaps » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Hey guys

Second year Dynasty player. Made playoffs again this year, this time managed to sneak in as a 4th seed after starting 0-3. Team is in Sig, I have 2 firsts in 2018 (1.08 and 1.09) and 2 in 2019, along with 2 seconds and 2 thirds. I've considered going all in for it this year since I made playoffs. I have a few guys who probably won't be very valuable next year (Murray and Lynch), but mainly concerned about AB as he's hitting 30 next season and Ben is talking retirement. I still think he'll be good but I'm not sure how much longer he'll be THIS good. Not helping things is that I'm going up against the #1 seed that's pretty stacked:

QB Ryan
RB M. Gordon, Kamara, Hyde
WR D. Adams, J. Gordon, M. Thomas
TE Engram

I'm thinking that it might be better to try and hit on my draft picks and hope that Foreman and Samuel can come back strong from injury and Everett can make a second year leap. Alternatively I can probably add some guys like Jimmy Graham and Lesean Mccoy and try to go for it now, but they're getting up there in age as well and if it doesn't work out I'd be setting myself back even more. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
12 team PPR, 1QB/2WR/2RB/1TE/2Flex
QB: Newton, Allen
RB: Conner, A. Jones, Penny, A.P, J. Samuels, J. Williams, Edwards
WR: Evans, Thielen, Godwin, Coutee, Samuel, M. Lee, D. Parker, AB
TE: Kittle, Everett, Gronk

jfasheh
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Deciding on whether to go all in

Postby jfasheh » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:42 pm

This next draft is heavy on RB's and I think you will be able ot hit on one of those this year and Ryan McDowell is already talking about the 2019 WR class. I would stick with your picks unless you can get a proven RB. If you cant then get it through the draft there are quality players in the next two drafts.
1/2 PPR (QB, 3 WR, 2 RB,1 TE, 3 W/R/T, K, DST,)
Carson Wentz, Jameis Winston
Diggs, Corey Davis, Sanu, Westbrook, Cobb, Moncrief, Kelvin, Treadwell
Ezekiel, Hunt, Latavius, Alfred, Rod smith, Yeldon, Rawls, Lacy, Smallwood, Sims, Conner
Brate, Cook, Seals-Jones, Hooper
Lambo
Pitt, Buffalo

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:52 pm

I wouldn’t trade my picks for players that will have little value next year ...do u have AB?
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:20 pm

What would you have to give up for Graham and/or McCoy?

ddaps
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby ddaps » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Tvols wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:52 pm I wouldn’t trade my picks for players that will have little value next year ...do u have AB?
I do own AB
Goddard wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:20 pm What would you have to give up for Graham and/or McCoy?
The Graham owner offered him to me for a 1st about a month ago, would be the 1.09 now I think. I'm assuming it'd take at least a first for Shady, though I asked the owner a few days ago and they never got back to me so he may not even want to sell him.

I should also mention that the Jamaal Williams owner has been in touch with me, it'd probably take a first at least to get him. I know he's been playing well but it's such a small sample size that I'm hesitant to give that for him.
12 team PPR, 1QB/2WR/2RB/1TE/2Flex
QB: Newton, Allen
RB: Conner, A. Jones, Penny, A.P, J. Samuels, J. Williams, Edwards
WR: Evans, Thielen, Godwin, Coutee, Samuel, M. Lee, D. Parker, AB
TE: Kittle, Everett, Gronk

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:24 am

ddaps wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:04 pm
Tvols wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:52 pm I wouldn’t trade my picks for players that will have little value next year ...do u have AB?
I do own AB
Goddard wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:20 pm What would you have to give up for Graham and/or McCoy?
The Graham owner offered him to me for a 1st about a month ago, would be the 1.09 now I think. I'm assuming it'd take at least a first for Shady, though I asked the owner a few days ago and they never got back to me so he may not even want to sell him.

I should also mention that the Jamaal Williams owner has been in touch with me, it'd probably take a first at least to get him. I know he's been playing well but it's such a small sample size that I'm hesitant to give that for him.
I stand pat if I'm you. Not worth it to chase the chip this year. keep AB one more year and make your run next year taking shots in the draft. In our league last draft a guy picked up Kamara and Hunt (Superflex) at 2.05 and 2.06. I got Michael Thomas at 1.11 last year. Don't waste picks for a game or two.

If you can get a king's ransom for Brown, take it, but I can see him at a very high level for the next three years easily. He's just such a clean route runner, it's not like he's a SPARQ freak who relies only on athleticism.

PS> Your opponent's lineup looks scarier than it actually is; he's beatable, even though Gordon went off.