Big offer for 1.01 is coming

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Big offer for 1.01 is coming

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:05 pm

I don't even think you should trade it for AB, unless you can sell him in 2018 for a great return. You are SO far away from contending, you may seriously be 3-4 years away from serious contention. I'm no age-ist, but AB might literally be retired by then.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Weber27 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:30 pm
Goddard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm I'd want his 1st this year, next year's 1st, and at least one good, young WR...not sure if he has anyone like that since most of his guys seem like vets. And even then it's probably not enough, especially depending on where his 1st is.
He only owns a 3rd this year and a 2nd next. I have his 1st this year 1.05 and his 2019 first. I got them both in trades from other teams. So all he really has are those veterans, which really can't help my team which is young and full of holes.
Not sure there's a trade to be made here. He doesn't have the picks or the youth you need, and the older WRs will be well past their prime by the time you're ready to compete. Unless you get a nice overpay of two of those stud WRs and immediately flip them for more than the 1.01, I can't see any other move that would make sense.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:49 pm

Goddard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 pm
Goddard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:25 pm I'd want his 1st this year, next year's 1st, and at least one good, young WR...not sure if he has anyone like that since most of his guys seem like vets. And even then it's probably not enough, especially depending on where his 1st is.
He only owns a 3rd this year and a 2nd next. I have his 1st this year 1.05 and his 2019 first. I got them both in trades from other teams. So all he really has are those veterans, which really can't help my team which is young and full of holes.
Not sure there's a trade to be made here. He doesn't have the picks or the youth you need, and the older WRs will be well past their prime by the time you're ready to compete. Unless you get a nice overpay of two of those stud WRs and immediately flip them for more than the 1.01, I can't see any other move that would make sense.

i agree with goddard...i don't think that other owner is going to be able to pry that pick from you...i really like antonio, but doesn't really fit your team's profile...good luck, i think you will be ready after your 2019 draft...you need some WR upgrades for sure...no solid WR1...
good luck
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:52 pm

It will be important to realize that the kinds of insane value that people will tell you the pick is worth is unrealistic in the vast majority of leagues. There is little point to having the discussion until the first offer comes in.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:52 am

I'm on board with most of the other posters. You have to put the pick out there to the whole league to see what offers you get. If this guy is coming to you, he should be putting out the first offer. If he's willing to put up a godfather offer (maybe he's such a homer that he'd part with AB and Julio and his 2020 1st), then you have to consider it. If not, thank him for the offer and tell him you'll keep in touch, then let the bidding war commence.

One last note -- while your roster isn't in a place yet where one or two players are going to put you in contention, trading the 1.01 for crazy value is still the right move, since you can always try to flip those players to the rest of your league afterward, targeting the teams that do have multiple future firsts.

roseyknee
Role Player
Role Player

Postby roseyknee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:50 am

Since you know he wants it bad, might as well see how far he'd go. Julio+Gordon? Jeffery+Gordon+Ajayi? While I agree with everyone that Julio doesn't fit your team, nothing is stopping you from flipping him for a younger WR, like Cooks or Adams+

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby srlarson » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 pm

when elliot came out had a similar offer from an OSU fan. only an 8 man league...

For the 1.01, yr later 2nd

Got 1.02, 2.02, 2.03, 2.04, yr later 1st, 3 current players.

So i think you can ask for the moon.....but his old guys not really what you are after unless you can see if you can trade the vet for a different pick.
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby NFL-ons » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:24 am

srlarson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 pm when elliot came out had a similar offer from an OSU fan. only an 8 man league...

For the 1.01, yr later 2nd

Got 1.02, 2.02, 2.03, 2.04, yr later 1st, 3 current players.

So i think you can ask for the moon.....but his old guys not really what you are after unless you can see if you can trade the vet for a different pick.
How did that work out for you?

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:53 am

Goddard wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 pm
Thank you all for the advice. I think I am thinking like Goddard and most of you and not really able to move this pick unless the value is ridiculous and I can flip older vets for more younger talent/value. I am looking to pick up ARob with the 1.05 and maybe Duke Johnson or Decker. I also have 2 1st and 2 2nds next year, in what should be a really good WR class. Do you think the 1.05 would be worth trading for Thelien if I can't get ARob or is there another WR to target with the 1.05?
New Mexico Maulers 2019 Champion
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB: Mahomes, Dak, D. Jones, R. Wilson, Stidham
RB: JT, CMC, Breece, R. White, Izz A, L. Murray, McKinnon, LF, Ahmed, Moss
WR: AJB, Sutton, Jeudy, Addison, London, Godwin, Hardman,
TE: Andrews, Friermuth, Ferguson, , Tremble

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

Rocky Mountain Ramblers 2022 Champion
12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
QB: Lamar, TLaw, Dak, Darnold, M. White
RB: CMC, JT, Breece, LF, L. Murray, Ahmed, Mcglauglin, Moss, Mitchell
WR: AJB, Lamb, G. Wilson, DJM, Hopkins, Jeudy, Burks, Kirk,
TE: Pitts, Freiermuth, Dulcich, Jonnu, Johnson
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:28 am

I'm with the majority, unless the offer is crazy just take Barkley.

Full PPR CMC is a nice RB3/Flex, if Cook returns to form your RB core is solid with prospects being Mack and Perine. I really think you need 2-3 solid pieces to be competitive. Look to trade anyone but CMC, Cook, Perine, Lee, Godwin and Njoku. I think if you can put a few offers together you may not be a push over going into next year.

At WR I would target a few guys that have been down this year, cooper, Arob, Diggs, hilton are all names that come to mind that I would offer the 1.05+ for to see what you could get.

Intoodeep
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Intoodeep » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:23 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:05 pm I don't even think you should trade it for AB, unless you can sell him in 2018 for a great return. You are SO far away from contending, you may seriously be 3-4 years away from serious contention. I'm no age-ist, but AB might literally be retired by then.
Every team is 1 year away from contending. FF is as much about luck as it is how good your team is. Its often more about points against throughout the season than points scored. Also, guys like Goodwin, Theilin, Agholor, Robby Anderson could all have been had for a rookie third or even off waivers prior to this season. Get lucky with a Hunt or Kamara in the draft and get a little lucky with shceduling and you are there.

All this being said, I would probably stay put. The package I would look for when trading the 1.1 (Barkley) would be multiple 1sts and a young player. The owners that have all that probably are in the same boat you are or are savy enough to not give all that up. Good luck!
12 Team / 22 Man Roster / 0.5 PPR

Mel Farr's Superstars
QB - P. Mahomes, K. Cousins
RB - J. Taylor, A. Gibson, S. Barkley, R. Stevenson, K. Nwangwu, D. Hilliard
WR - DJ Moore, A. Robinson, AJ Brown, D. Smith, E. Moore, T. Boyd, M. Pittman, Juju, C. Samuel, M. Callaway, T. Marshall, R. Gage
TE - D. Waller, D. Njoku, A. Okwuegbunam
D - Bucs, Dolphins

sammyz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sammyz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:12 am

I would stand pat for anyone short of AB. Even then, I'm not sure he helps enough to push you to contention quickly enough. With Barkley Cook and CMC, you would have an incredible RB core of super young players. You have some young prospects at WR who could pan out at any given point. You own the 1.05 to try to add another piece there...I might call next year a wash and make my moves to continue rebuilding then, especially since you only have to start 2 WRs.

If you are starting Saquon, Cook, CMC and Mack/Perine/Johnson on a weekly basis in a PPR league? I think you could survive a year (maybe not contend but survive) next year with your WRs, but you've got that 1.05...I think I might just stand pat
QBs: Dak Prescott, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, Jalen Hurts, Andy Dalton
RBS: CMC, Miles Sanders, Gurley, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon, Lamical Perine, Ito Smith
WRS: Godwin, DJ Moore, Juju, Keenan Allen, Diggs, McLaurin, Dionte Johnson, Jalen Reagor, Bryan Edwards, Brandon Aiyuk, Tim Patrick
TEs: Mark Andrews, TJ Hockenson, Irv Smith
DEF:Miami

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:38 am

Triton85 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:28 am I'm with the majority, unless the offer is crazy just take Barkley.

Full PPR CMC is a nice RB3/Flex, if Cook returns to form your RB core is solid with prospects being Mack and Perine. I really think you need 2-3 solid pieces to be competitive. Look to trade anyone but CMC, Cook, Perine, Lee, Godwin and Njoku. I think if you can put a few offers together you may not be a push over going into next year.

At WR I would target a few guys that have been down this year, cooper, Arob, Diggs, hilton are all names that come to mind that I would offer the 1.05+ for to see what you could get.
Thanks for the advice. I do like the thought of Barkley, Cook, CMC and that is a good stable for years. I am right there with you trying to use the 1.05+ for a WR and then hoping some of mine hit as WR2/3.
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 am

sammyz wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:12 am I would stand pat for anyone short of AB. Even then, I'm not sure he helps enough to push you to contention quickly enough. With Barkley Cook and CMC, you would have an incredible RB core of super young players. You have some young prospects at WR who could pan out at any given point. You own the 1.05 to try to add another piece there...I might call next year a wash and make my moves to continue rebuilding then, especially since you only have to start 2 WRs.

If you are starting Saquon, Cook, CMC and Mack/Perine/Johnson on a weekly basis in a PPR league? I think you could survive a year (maybe not contend but survive) next year with your WRs, but you've got that 1.05...I think I might just stand pat
I agree, that is how I feel. Most of my backs are strong PPR backs and adding a guy like Barkley to my stable will be huge. My league is really WR heavy all the top teams have all the big WR's and what way to much for them. So my strategy is keep taking all the good RB talent and eventually they will be desperate and then I will set the prices haha. I'm not in love with the 1.05 pick because I don't trust any of the WR's in this draft and adding another RB may not help me, I am going to try and move the 1.05 around draft time when that pick is at this highest value and get to give up a good WR asset.

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5