The Patriot Way?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

The Patriot Way?

Postby Lordchay » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Team 2 in Signature.

Despite missing big pieces this year, my team has been the hands down leader in my league with an All Play record of 80% and outscoring the next highest scoring team by 200 points over the year.

That being said, I paid a good price to get where I am and no longer have alot of draft picks. I own the 1.02 next year but then I'm without any other 1st/2nds in 2018, 2019 & 2020.

I know going forward I need to get a backup QB, moved Watson earlier this year for the pick that ended up being 1.02, but other than that I think depth-wise I'm ok for awhile.

My question is, should I grab a player like Guice at 1.02 or think like the Patriots and just start moving back this year and restocking my draft pick pile? Also any other roster suggestions are appreciated.
Too many teams to list here... :lol:

ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: The Patriot Way?

Postby ddog2303 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:10 pm

I’d grab a RB at 1.02 and try to move Fitz if you can find a buyer. But you could grab a different RB later by trading back while also acquiring more picks. Either way is good. You won’t be able to acquire all of the picks you’ve traded but you have some good young WRs and that will be the foundation for your future team anyway. You should be fine without the picks if you choose Guice at 1.02
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Pats would either trade down or trade the pick for a proven player. I'd probably take best player available unless you get a nice overpay for the pick.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Ouch, thats a long time without picks

I personally would consider moving back depending what offers you could get. Close to the draft, watch what offers come in, maybe fall back to 5/6 spot. I personally like Love and think he's a 1st round guy. But if you can get a 1st this year and next to move back I'd do it

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Take Guice. You're team is stacked and relatively young. Load up on talent now and worry about the picks later...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lordchay » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:56 pm

My initial inclination was to take Guice at 1.02 like others have said but then I started thinking about how often they fail to live up to expectations and draft stock.

I'm definitely not making a firm decision till our rookie draft but I have let people know that I'm open to discussing the pick.
Too many teams to list here... :lol:

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Lordchay wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:56 pm My initial inclination was to take Guice at 1.02 like others have said but then I started thinking about how often they fail to live up to expectations and draft stock.

that is true, but less likely to happen with the first couple of picks....trading down would make the lower pick even less likely to hit....
i count of people with more knowledge than me to scout the incoming talent...if the talent pool is as deep as it was this last year, then i would feel pretty comfortable moving back (i traded to pick 1.05 because it was the cheapest of the elite picks and i actually wanted cook more than mixon and mccaffrey)...it is good to hear that you are not rushing into anything right now...
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris