Bridgewater

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Bridgewater

Postby darewood11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:17 pm

In 10 team league is Bridgewater worth stashing over tyrod and Dalton? Stafford is who I usually start but I need to trim back my qbs

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bridgewater

Postby Goddard » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:30 pm

He's barely stashable in 2QB leagues. There's no reason for him to be owned in a 10 team, 1QB league.

jfasheh
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jfasheh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:34 pm

There is no way he is a stash in a 10 team league. With all of the QB's coming out of this draft as well as how many are probably on the waiver or will be on the waiver come next season no need to hold on to him. I would draft a QB later in the rookie draft over stashing Bridgewater.
1/2 PPR (QB, 3 WR, 2 RB,1 TE, 3 W/R/T, K, DST,)
Carson Wentz, Jameis Winston
Diggs, Corey Davis, Sanu, Westbrook, Cobb, Moncrief, Kelvin, Treadwell
Ezekiel, Hunt, Latavius, Alfred, Rod smith, Yeldon, Rawls, Lacy, Smallwood, Sims, Conner
Brate, Cook, Seals-Jones, Hooper
Lambo
Pitt, Buffalo

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Goddard wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:30 pm He's barely stashable in 2QB leagues. There's no reason for him to be owned in a 10 team, 1QB league.
x2
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:36 pm

So should i drop tyrod to or maybe Dalton

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:45 pm

darewood11 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:36 pm So should i drop tyrod to or maybe Dalton
I'd drop Dalton before I dropped Tyrod, but it all depends on who you're picking up.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Was thinking of stashing jonnu Smith Spencer ware or josh reynolds

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 am

Goddard wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:30 pm He's barely stashable in 2QB leagues. There's no reason for him to be owned in a 10 team, 1QB league.
To say he is barely stashable in a 2QB league is a joke...unless maybe it’s an 8 teamer. Before his injury, he was playing well and steadily improving. From what I hear, it’s still Teddy’s locker room and he will get his chance to start (not likely this year barring injury to Keenum). He is young and familiar with the system, and by all accounts, he is the QB of the future in Minnesota. Bradford is as good as gone at this point, and Keenum, while playing very well this year, is not the franchise guy.

Teddy is the definition of stash QB in a 2QB. Owners have forgotten about him, and will be overvaluing the other young/rookie QBs in the offseason, so now is the time to buy.

I will agree that he probably isn’t worth a stash in a 1QB unless it’s a large 16+ league.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am

I cannot come up with a format...maybe 4 teams? where I would drop Tyrod Taylor...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 am

skip wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am I cannot come up with a format...maybe 4 teams? where I would drop Tyrod Taylor...
Even then I wouldn't drop him to stash Teddy.
slaughterrt wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 am
To say he is barely stashable in a 2QB league is a joke...unless maybe it’s an 8 teamer. Before his injury, he was playing well and steadily improving. From what I hear, it’s still Teddy’s locker room and he will get his chance to start (not likely this year barring injury to Keenum). He is young and familiar with the system, and by all accounts, he is the QB of the future in Minnesota. Bradford is as good as gone at this point, and Keenum, while playing very well this year, is not the franchise guy.

Teddy is the definition of stash QB in a 2QB. Owners have forgotten about him, and will be overvaluing the other young/rookie QBs in the offseason, so now is the time to buy.

I will agree that he probably isn’t worth a stash in a 1QB unless it’s a large 16+ league.
I'll cut you some slack since you're obviously a biased Vikings fan, but Teddy was never that good and I don't remember him "steadily improving." Sure, he's worth a stash in 2QB leagues, just like guys like Paxton Lynch and others like him are worth a stash.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Goddard wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:56 am
skip wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 am I cannot come up with a format...maybe 4 teams? where I would drop Tyrod Taylor...
Even then I wouldn't drop him to stash Teddy.

I'll cut you some slack since you're obviously a biased Vikings fan, but Teddy was never that good and I don't remember him "steadily improving." Sure, he's worth a stash in 2QB leagues, just like guys like Paxton Lynch and others like him are worth a stash.
I am 100% Vikings fan and I am a Teddy fan. You can say that I am biased, and maybe I am. But Teddy was a very solid QB on a run first offense that relied almost exclusively on Adrian Peterson (over 300 carries in 2015, but only played in one game in 2014). He only averaged about 25 pass attempts per game, but had about a 65% completion rate. Also had the lowest percent of pass attempts in the red zone of all QBs. His stats aren’t mind blowing, but stats obviously aren’t everything. Also, let’s not forget who his WRs were those two years: Greg Jennings, Jarius Wright, Cordarrelle Patterson, Mike Wallace, and a rookie Stefon Diggs.

I’m not saying Teddy is going to be the next Joe Montana. I’m not even saying that he is going to be great. But I do think he starts for the Vikings next year, and I do think that makes him a solid stash. He is a 25 year old former 1st rounder who has two solid years of nfl experience. He didn’t get benched due to poor play. He is recovered from his freak knee injury. Even if by some chance the Vikings do the unthinkable and part ways with him, he will be starting somewhere in 2018. 100% buying in any superflex/2QB league.

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:36 pm

That's what i thought but didn't want to comment due to my avatar. Dude is full of hyperbole on the reg.

Every Qb is stashable in 2QB if he has even the slightest chance of playing.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Balzac wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:36 pm

That's what i thought but didn't want to comment due to my avatar. Dude is full of hyperbole on the reg.

Every Qb is stashable in 2QB if he has even the slightest chance of playing.
Hence the "barely stashable." Means he probably should be, but don't expect much. And you don't like my hyperboles? Maybe you should stop taking them so seriously, since that's the whole point of hyperboles.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 am

In a 10 team start 1 qb, you don't need to roster 3 let alone 4 qbs
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 am

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:43 pm I’m not saying Teddy is going to be the next Joe Montana. I’m not even saying that he is going to be great. But I do think he starts for the Vikings next year.
You could very well be right and this would be a mistake. Sam Bradford would provide a lot more stability and opportunity to win. Bridgewater would be a step back from the improvements we've seen from the team this season. Admittedly, I don't share your opinion on him at all on his first years in the league. He needs a lot of work and the time he's missed is significant.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.