A Robinson or J Landry

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

A Robinson or J Landry

A Robinson
52%
J Landry
37%
Coin flip
11%

Total votes: 81

hooded
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: A Robinson or J Landry

Postby hooded » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:25 pm

ARob for me.
10 team ppr - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex
QB - Smith, Rivers, Bridgewater
RB - Gurley, Mixon, Montgomery, McKinnon, Prosise, Burkhead
WR - Hopkins, AJG, Cooks, Dez, C Davis, C Coleman, J Gordon, Godwin, K White
TE - Engram, Eifert, Hooper, J Smith

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 pm

Arob!

yitzchaks
Starter
Starter

Postby yitzchaks » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Landry for me, I have him and he is such a safe option, he puts up points every week is a PPR monster always will get his 5 catches and thats with horrible QB play & a crap team, he proved this year he can win in red zone and he is still only 25, I take Landry and hope he ends on a team with a better QB next year.
12 Team, 20 Keepers, .5 PPR (year 15) rebuild year 1
START: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (WR/RB/TE), DEF

SIG 1
QB: J. Brisett,S. Ehlinger
RB: C. Edmonds, S. Michel, T. Sermon, C. Huntley, j. McKinnon, N. Hines, K. Ingram, R. Blackshear,
WR: AJ. Brown, J. Williams, T. Mclaurin, M. Gallup, D. Mooney, M. Hardman
TE: I. Smith, D. Njoku, I. Likely, C. Otton
DEF: IND

12 team, 20 Keepers, .5 PPR (year 1)
START: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (WR/RB/TE), K, DEF

QB: M. Stafford, G. Smith, C. Wentz
RB: D. Swift, CMC, S. Barkley, J. Williams (det), D. Harris, C. Huntley, S. Michel, J. Kelley
WR:D. Johnson, J. Waddle M. Williams, H. Renfrow, DVP
TE: D. Schultz, G. Everett, R. Tonyan
K: Y. Koo
DEF: BUF GB

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:25 pm

I own both and value Landry more due to his consistency

tyson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tyson » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:01 pm

PPR? Still ARob. .5 PPR? Even more ARob. Standard? Not remotely close, ARob.

"One good year where he did well in garbage time." UM, he absolutely balled out of control that year. 80/1400/14 is unreal. And now either Bortles is his QB and he looks so much better, with lesser receivers, or he goes to a new team and has his choice of QBs.
Meanwhile, Landry is the same guy he's always been, consistent with a high floor. He hasn't topped 100 yards all year, and has 7 games with less than 50. TDs are extremely fluky, and thats the only reason people are high on him this year is he has 8 of them. Sure you can make the same argument about ARob's 14, but he is 4" taller, faster, and built like a #1 WR. He has the potential to house it any given play, where Landry does not.
ACL tears clearly don't have the same impact they used to, and once people see ARob back on the field next year you wont be able to deal Landry for ARob without adding ++ for him. If you had Landry over ARob from the beginning? Okay cool. But this year shouldn't have changed your opinion.

Also, Landry may not be in Miami next year, and his entire value is based on them force feeding him the ball for 6 yards at a time. If he doesnt see 150+ targets on a different team? Yikes. Add in domestic violence rumors and you should have plenty of evidence to lean Allen Robsinon here.
Chicago Fire
10-Team PPR IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex
QB: Brees, Wentz, Baker, Hurts
RB: Barkley, Damien Harris, Sony Michel, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams, Boston Scott, Darwin, Bryce Love
WR: Evans, Allen Robinson, Lamb, Sutton, Hilton, Boyd, Anthony Miller, JJAW
TE: Ertz, Higbee
DL: Chase Young, Donald, Watt, Ingram,
LB: Devin Bush, Blake Martinez, TJ Watt
DB: Mathieu, Mike Hilton
Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Tijuana Tidal Wave
10-Team PPR IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex
QB: Josh Allen, Brees, Roethlisberger, Tua, Hurts
RB: Zeke, Mixon, Henry, DJ, Latavius, Cohen, Jamaal Williams, Justin Jackson, Boston Scott, Eno Benjamin
WR: Julio, Evans, JuJu, Sutton, Mike Williams, Anthony Miller
TE: Higbee, Gronk
DL: Demarcus Lawrence, Josh Allen, Aldon Smith, Akiem Hicks
LB: Joe Schobert, Jamie Collins, LVE, Nate Gerry, Joe Thomas
DB: Tyrann Mathieu, Marlon Humphrey
Picks: 2nd, 4th

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:42 am

I say it's a coin flip. The tiebreaker is whichever receiver signs with the Chicago Bears and their new offensive-minded coach. With as well as Lee/Cole/Westbrook/Random Rookies have looked on JAX, why would they pay ARob big money? Coming off that injury, there's no reason to. I think Miami lets Landry walk as well. Free agency will determine which one to take.

cp3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cp3 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:05 am

We pretty much know what kinds of players these guys are at this point and I think they are roughly equal. All comes down to team composition for me.

If my team has a few boom/bust options already, I'll take the high floor in Landry to smooth out my weekly scoring.

Likewise, if I have a few high floor guys, I'd want Arob, for his ability to post those big spike weeks.

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:11 pm

This isn't even remotely close. How is this even close?

It's Landry... then a huge gaping canyon... and then Arob.

Arob had one big year that anyone who analyzes can see was one of the most primed seasons for regression in NFL history. He hasn't done much of anything outside of that season. I used to think he wasn't the best receiver on his team... now I think he's only the third best receiver on his team. Highly inefficient. The Jags offense has played much better without him. Sure, there are reasons like the defense and Fournette for that... but Lee, Deedee, and now Cole look just as electric and have been much more efficient. There is zero guarantee that he just waltzes back in and grabs the #1 role and all the targets he was getting. Let's not forget the Jags drafted Lee higher than Arob in the same draft.

I don't think Arob is worthless... he obviously has potential. But Landry has proven 4 years in a row what a talent he is and is on the verge of a possible 100 catch, 100yds, 10 TDs season.

People above said if you want some "WR 2/3 numbers every week" take Landry. Well, he's the #8 scoring WR in PPR leagues right now. That's a bonafide #! PPR receiver that you can get for less than far less talented and productive players.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:05 pm

I was initially leaning coin flip, but after thinking long and hard about it, I voted for Landry. I think Landry might be the most criminally underrated asset in all of fantasy football (assuming PPR scoring). People talk about him as a high floor play, but he’s really THE high floor play. I think the main reason so many people undervalue him is because the possibility of being the overall WR1 in any given season isn’t in his range of outcomes. It is for ARob, which is the only reason this poll is as close as it is. Landry doesn’t make the huge splash plays we’ve come to expect from typical WR1s. But I can’t think of anyone I’d feel more comfortable starting on a week-to-week basis. It doesn’t matter if it’s home or away, favorite or underdog, or who’s throwing him the ball. All he does is get open and move the chains. I’d have a hard time coming up with more than six or seven WRs I’d rather have on my dynasty team, and ARob isn’t one of them. He’s not that far behind, but just far enough that I don’t think roster makeup should even be a consideration. I’m pretty sure I would take Landry in just about every situation.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby colonnaj94 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:59 pm

These two are pretty close, in my opinion. It comes down to safety vs upside. If you want the potential top 5-10 WR, go with Robinson. If you want a consistent, high-end WR2 that will very rarely let you down, go with Landry.
32 Team .5 PPR, 2 Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, Javonte Williams, Dillon
WR Pickens, Dell, Doubs, Reed, Mims
TE Freiermuth

12 Team PPR
QB Young
RB Harris, Pierce, Chandler, Bigsby, Kelley
WR Johnston, Wicks, Mingo, W Robinson, Z Jones, Marshall, Pierce, Toney, Perry
TE Freiermuth, Ferguson, Kraft, Gray
(3) 24 1sts, (5) 24 2nds, (2) 25 1sts, (2) 25 2nds

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Tagovailoa, Burrow
RB Chubb, Ford, Warren, Pierce, Javonte Williams, N Harris
WR Allen, Samuel, Pittman, Metcalf, Ridley, Rice
TE Goedert, Bryant, Hill
DL Watt, Sieler, Jones, P Smith, Simmons, Lawrence, Z Smith
LB Morrow, Deablow, To'oTo'o
DB Holland, Winfield, Wallace, Bell

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Mahomes, Tannehill
RB Mostert, Pacheco, Montogmery, Pierce, Ford, Warren, Javonte Williams
WR Chase, Allen, Sutton, Pittman, Doubs
TE Kelce, Hurst, Dulcich
DL Hunter, Cooper, Allen, Autry, Carter, Young
LB Franklin, Oluokun, Singleton
DB Smith, Curl, Love, Byard, McKinney

PRESxWASHINGTON
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PRESxWASHINGTON » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:38 pm

I am a Landry truther and have been since I drafted him in 2014. Vastly underrated, is an underrated way of describing Landry.
In a PPR league he has been 10th (2015 and ARob was 6th), 12th (2016) and currently sits at 6th overall WR, in a scoring that gives out bonus points for 40 and 50 yard TDs. Which he doesn't get many compared to the other WR and he is still a WR1. This shouldn't be close and that is with .5ppr in mind.

But just a side note on ARob, his garbage time stats (team down 2 scores or more in the 4th) aren't that crazy, as it was somewhere in the realm of 400 yards and 4TDs in 2015
10 team PPR QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex
QB: Luck, Wentz,
RB: Gurley, Zeke, Mixon, DLewis, Eckler, Clement, Ware, MalcomB, Ballage(TS), Wilkins(TS)
WR: DAdams, AJG, Corey Davis, KennyG, Tate, GAllison, JGordon, MVS, Isaih Mckenzie, Richie James
TE: Ertz, Burton, Jesse James

10 team, PPR QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB even IDP scoring
QB: Goff, Mariotta, Big Ben,
RB: Mixon, Kerryon, AJones, Mack, JWhite, Breida, CThompson, McGuire, Perine, Clement, Ballage, Wilkins
WR: OBJ, Evans, Woods, Diggs, Robby Anderson, Mike Williams, Robert Foster MLee, GAllison, Isaih McKenzie, Jon Ross, CWilliams, Tread
TE: Ertz, Brate, RSJ, Roberts
DL: JJ, Fowler, DHunter, Allen, JReed, Arik Armstead, Hubbard, TLewis, DArmstrong
LB: Leonard, Clowney, Telvin, Whitehead, Warner, Burks, Malik Jefferson
DB: Collins, Jefferson, McDonald, JWhitehead

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:46 pm

ACL tears clearly don't have the same impact they used to,

Tell this to Marcus Lattimore... who was better in college than Zeke and Fournette. He never played a down in the NFL because of two devistating ACL injuries.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:00 am

For me I'd take Arob, but that is because in my league any one of 5 teams (myself included) could pop off for 200 points, so I need the booms, and my WRs are so good I can probably weather the busts. But I can 100% see the appeal of Landry here too.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06