K Hunt for S Barkley

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

which one

Hunt
19%
Barkley
81%

Total votes: 97

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

K Hunt for S Barkley

Postby DJB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:01 am

Title says it all.

Ill provide my analysis later. Interested in the votes
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: K Hunt for S Barkley

Postby Bot101 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:38 am

If Hunt stayed even semi hot after his first few games I would have voted Hunt. But hes gone totally silent. Give me Barkley.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:19 am

I'd take barkley, there is a reason hunt was never considered an elite prospect, and he (and andy reid) have been figured out by the NFL
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:46 pm

Yeah- I own the 1.01 and I would not trade it for Hunt. Actually, probably not even close for me.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:59 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:19 am he (and andy reid) have been figured out by the NFL
Regardless of your preference, this isn't true at all. Kansas City's line play has regressed and Andy Reid hasn't been giving Hunt hardly any touches in the first half of games. There is nothing about the situation that has been "figured out". That's just nonsense that gets purported about many situations. Football isn't like baseball where you start picking up signals or patterns with pitchers making them more hittable during a game.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:02 pm

I don't think can go wrong with either player but I give Hunt a slight edge based on situation. Yes, KC isn't playing very well as of right now but they're a team set up to be good for the next couple seasons.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Hunt was inflated grossly by a few home runs.

Barkley and I do not think they are close talent wise.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:30 pm

I would have voted 1.01 even after the first few weeks of the season.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:43 pm

For me i think Hunts play is somewhere between his first few weeks and his last few. KC has regressed big time and Hunts usage has gone down. The oline has been bad too.

But for me i see Hunt as a top 5 -10 RB but view Barkley as a potential top 2 RB. That's ghe difference for me.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:44 pm

I didn't think the vote would be as lobsided

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:07 pm

skip wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:59 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:19 am he (and andy reid) have been figured out by the NFL
Regardless of your preference, this isn't true at all. Kansas City's line play has regressed and Andy Reid hasn't been giving Hunt hardly any touches in the first half of games. There is nothing about the situation that has been "figured out". That's just nonsense that gets purported about many situations. Football isn't like baseball where you start picking up signals or patterns with pitchers making them more hittable during a game.
How can you say that? Of course it's not the same as baseball, but teams ABSOLUTELY "figure out" the schemes and tendencies of other teams and players.

Kaepernick. RG3. Both players rocked the league and then they were figured out.

The Patriots have sure as heck figured out how to obliterate Pittsburgh's zone defense.

Great QBs figure out defenses all the time, and the same thing can be said for great Mikes on defenses.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:33 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:07 pm
skip wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:59 pm
How can you say that? Of course it's not the same as baseball, but teams ABSOLUTELY "figure out" the schemes and tendencies of other teams and players.

Kaepernick. RG3. Both players rocked the league and then they were figured out.

The Patriots have sure as heck figured out how to obliterate Pittsburgh's zone defense.

Great QBs figure out defenses all the time, and the same thing can be said for great Mikes on defenses.
Kaep and RGIII weren't "figured out". In both cases the offensive schemes were changed completely away from their skill sets. For no reason at all, the 49ers wanted Kaep to stay in the pocket and keep him from running. His ability to run was what made him effective. Same for RG3 but that change was due to injury.

It isn't that teams can't figure some things out but it isn't that simple and certainly isn't the case with the Chiefs. Reid has made some poor decisions over the last several weeks. Turns out that Alex Smith guy hasn't changed at all. Just a pedestrian QB who lacks the skill set beyond being just a game manager. Hunt should be getting the ball 20+ times every game.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

mmass
All Pro
All Pro

Postby mmass » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:40 pm

The Barkley Kool-Aid is strong. At this point it's about even for me but I would take the proven commodity. Once we see were Barkley land then it's a whole new story.
Superflex Format Q(SF)RWWFFTDK 12 Team PPR
SF1 - Yr 2
Goff Ryan Darnold Dalton
CMC Cohen Hines McFarland Peterson
Hopkins Adams Boyd Jeffery Shepard Boykins Higgins Quntez Duverney
Andrews Waller

SF2 - Yr 7 - 2019 Champ
Wentz Dak Goff Grier Brisset
Cook Mixon Hyde Mattison Edmonds Boone
M.Thomas Sutton Edelman J.Landry
Kittle Goedart Higbee

SF3 - Yr 4
Watson Burrow Goff Foles
Barkley Ja.Williams
Hopkins Evans Sutton Lamb Shepard VSM K.Harmon
Higbee Smith Howard

SF4 - Orphan Year 2
Dak Jones Taylor Brisset Eason Hurts
Taylor CEH Edmonds Dobbins
Boyd Ridley Mclaurin Lamb Reagor Harry Bryan Perriman Hurd
Andrews Goedart

2020 2 1st & 2nd

Deep Format - QQRRWWWTTFFDDKK 10 team PPR
Deep 2 Yr 5
Brady Stafford Lock Dalton Brissett
CMC Mixon Taylor Dillon DJ Hyde
Evans Hopkins Julio Edelman Gallup D.Jackson Mimz Claypool Boykin
Engram Gesicki Fant Herndon Dissly

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Barkley is just so much better. He is a true game changer in the mold of an Adrian Peterson or an Ezekiel Elliot. I would even go as far to say that him and DJ and Bell aren't too far off.
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:01 am

krombj19 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:59 pm Barkley is just so much better. He is a true game changer in the mold of an Adrian Peterson or an Ezekiel Elliot. I would even go as far to say that him and DJ and Bell aren't too far off.
If you listen to some of the dynasty podcasts, many would already prefer Barkley over Zeke based on their prospects coming into the league, and betting on the talent over situation.