At this point, Thielen or Diggs?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who?

Stefon Diggs
44%
Adam Thielen
56%

Total votes: 55

dazza
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: At this point, Thielen or Diggs?

Postby dazza » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:01 pm

albedo1986 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:11 am Are you trying to say that Case Keenum is not a gunslinger? I love Bradford, and he was showing flashes of this but Case has been doing it non stop. He's almost DGAFing and somehow leading them to the playoffs. Where the hell are you getting your throw velocity data?

Go make an offer of Adam for Diggs and tell me what happens.
I would suspect, given the thread and the season, that contenders-particularly those short on WRs-would take Thielen and rebuilders would take Diggs in general, and that there would be some overlap. Have you even bothered reading the rest of the thread?

And yes, I'm saying Keenum is not a gunslinger. He's never been known for his arm strength (literally everything I've ever seen about his arm strength has said it's weak or that he has a 'pop gun arm'. Where the hell are you seeing he's Brett Favre?}, and I highly doubt he's suddenly developed it. Is he throwing the ball downfield some? Sure. Earlier this season Alex Smith was throwing more downfield and being called a gunslinger too. Then he played a couple games in the wind, and suddenly people are calling for Mahomes again. I expect much of the same for Keenum as the weather changes (or when the defenders simply make the interceptions he offers up).

Oh, and you're going to completely ignore the numbers that sure seem to bear out Keenum's preference (and throw quality) for the guy in the slot running shorter routes despite the other guy's apparent better play. I mean, Keenum is awesome so numbers don't matter, right?

That's the sad thing, you focused on one part of my argument you didn't like, and completely failed to address the main point. No matter how amazing (HA!) Keenum is-among other things about the situation this season-the whole picture likely changes next season, so using this season's production as predictive for the future is a dangerous game.

If you'd like to argue that point, well, have fun. Too much is likely to change next season compared to this one. And I'm done talking about Keenum too. He's getting it done so far, but if he was the guy you seem to think I'd be seeing far less 'when not if' talk about Bridgewater playing and I'd expect to be seeing more 'where will Keenum be playing next year' stories.
Team 1 (10 Team .5 PPR Roster=25)
1-2 QB, 2-5 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE, 4 IDP
QB: ARod, Jameis, Wentz, Trubisky, Mahomes
WR: OBJ, Hopkins, Baldwin, Watkins, C Davis, JJSS, JGord
RB: DJ, Zeke, Howard, Kamara, Mixon, Henry
TE: Graham, Howard
IDP: Deion Jones, Martinez, Shazier, R Foster

Team 2 (10 Team .5 PPR Roster=25)
1-2 QB, 2-5 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE, 4 IDP
QB: Wentz, Eli, Trubisky, Mahomes, Gabbert
WR: AB, Watkins, E Sanders, C Davis, M Williams, Doctson, JGord
RB: DJ, Le'Bell, Howard, Mack, Jones
TE: Kelce, Howard
IDP: DeJo, L Collins, R Foster, Ragland

Team 3 (12 Team .5 PPR Roster=26)
QB, 2-5 WR, 2-4 RB, 1-3 TE, 2 CB, 2DE, 2LB
QB: Wentz, Mahomes
WR: Jordy, Keenan, M. Jones, C Davis, M Williams, Kupp, C Coleman
RB: Cook, Ingram, Kamara, Abdullah, Woodhead, Burkhead, D'Onta, Drake, Booker
TE: Kelce, Evan Engram
IDP: DL Mack, Clowney DB Hyde, Ha Ha LB DeJo, R Foster (start 2 each)