Corey Davis

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Petrolbomber
Starter
Starter

Re: Corey Davis

Postby Petrolbomber » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:46 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:49 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:46 pm He made a great sideline catch last night...Davis should be solid after a full offseason/preseason to work with Mariota. This isn't like Treadwell last year doing absolutely nothing.
X2

Definitely no need to freak out, although to the OP, if you can get Cooks straight up or Thielen+, I might do that. In that case, you're not selling low.
Everything said here. But I think it's too soon considering the youth of the Titans.

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 am

ESKAY wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 pm
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:46 pm He made a great sideline catch last night...Davis should be solid after a full offseason/preseason to work with Mariota. This isn't like Treadwell last year doing absolutely nothing.
X2

Definitely no need to freak out, although to the OP, if you can get Cooks straight up or Thielen+, I might do that. In that case, you're not selling low.
If the Davis owner sent me a offer for Thielan+ I would laugh at him. He is producing as a top 5 WR and I can’t see Davis doing that for a long time with Mariota. I agree with the guy who said he is disappointed in Mariota’s developement. I don’t want to compare Davis to OBJ but when Odell came back from a hamstring injury his rookie year he was dominant!
I can’t recall....did OBJ miss as much time as Davis has with his hammy issue?

Suckmyvick
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Suckmyvick » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:43 am

mariota hasnt been himself either
10 team 26 man ppr 6pt all td
1qb 1superflex 2rb 3wr 2te 2 flex k def
QB-rivers,Flacco.mariota.
RB- spiller.forsett.mathews.David Johnson.Gore.drake.ervin.powell.Morris.starks
WR- aj green.watkins.j matthews.a Robinson.k Benjamin.kevin white.smelter.doctson
TE- Olsen.fleener.tamme
K- mcmanus
Def- Broncos

2017-1112

10 team 25 man ppr 6pt td
2015 2nd place
Qb 2rb 2wr 2te 2 flex 1 superflex k def
QB- Wilson.big Ben .cutler. Wentz
Rb- .hyde.gordon.gOre.powell.smallwood.drake
WR-julio.a brown.evans.k Allen.jmatt.cobb.enunwa.lafell.cpatterson
TE- eiffert.kelce.clay.derby.hooper
K- mcmanus
Def-Chiefs
2017-3

New orphan
12 team 28 man ppr 4pt pass qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex 1k 1d

Qb-bortles-a.smith-brAdford-taylor
Rb-david Johnson-Sims-duke Johnson-d.booker-a.collins-d.lasco-j.howard
WR-k.benjamin-t.lockett-t.benhamin-maclin-dg.beckham-Patton-sanders-Michael Thomas-d.robinson-s.roberts-d.braverman
TE-ertz-walford-heuerman
K-Crosby
Def-Broncos
2017-112345

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:04 am

If I remember OBJ missed 4 or 5 games his rookie year.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 am

X2

If the Davis owner sent me a offer for Thielan+ I would laugh at him. He is producing as a top 5 WR and I can’t see Davis doing that for a long time with Mariota. I agree with the guy who said he is disappointed in Mariota’s developement. I don’t want to compare Davis to OBJ but when Odell came back from a hamstring injury his rookie year he was dominant!
Yeah, because that wasn't a historically productive rookie season so that's obviously the bar we should be setting for rookie receivers.

Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lordchay » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 am

As a fellow CD owner in a league where I was hoping to see more this year from him, I'm not going to be worried or really even evaluate him until after the season is over.

Since coming back from injury in week 9 he has averaged over 7 targets a game and while the production isn't there yet, I'm happy to see that number since it translates to over 100 targets in a FF season.

The only number that I would like to see higher is his catch rate which is currently ~45%. I like to see that at least 10% points higher or even closer to 60% ideally for me. But I will say I haven't watched any game film so I don't know how catchable those balls were.

I'm hoping that a year of full offseason workouts and everything will be good for him and fellow rookie M.Williams for next year.
Too many teams to list here... :lol:

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:00 am

X2

+1. I own Davis. But if I could get Theilen straight up I'd do it in a heartbeat, let alone the +. Theilen is sparking conversations of being the best WR in the game, CURRENTLY!. If this is true - which it's not - Davis can only match that upside.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Samhain34
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Samhain34 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am

Corey Davis is a player one should be trying to BUY, not sell. He's going to be a star. And the fact that Mariota doesn't look like a superstar makes it even better, because he's not going to spread the ball around Brady-style. I'm trying to trade for him where I don't have him.