Brissett's value in a Superflex

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Brissett's value in a Superflex

Postby Detroitcity » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 pm

12 team superflex, 4 pts/ TD

This league has a slightly different playoff format and the playoffs start week 13. 6 teams make the playoffs but slots 3 -6 play weeks 13 and 14 and the 2 teams with the highest point total move on to week 15 (so it's more about best team vs getting lucky 1 week). I'll end up being a 3-6 seed. Due to some injuries at QB, I'm left with Brady and Stanton right now at QB. The Brissett owner has a few solid QBs and is willing to move him

He is currently looking for Abdullah for Brissett

I don't think it's a terrible offer, but here are some things I'm weighing and concerns with making a deal like this:

-I may only get to use Brissett for 3 weeks if I get bounced out of the playoffs
-Brissett plays @ JAC week 13 and vs DEN week 15
-Is Brissett reallly that much better than a Stanton over the next 5-6 weeks (and is the upgrade worth Abdullah)
-Does Brissett start next year, whether it be Indy or elsewhere?

If I knew the answer to the last question was Yes, then I'd have no problem pulling the trigger

Thoughts on giving Abdullah for Brissett? What are the odds Indy trades him to a team where he starts (or Lucks shoulder is still an issue and he starts in Indy)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Brissett's value in a Superflex

Postby Goddard » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 pm

I'm not a big Abdullah fan, but I think he's worth more than Brissett. Brissett has looked decent at times, but I don't see him as more than a backup next year.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Fair offer. Neither player has really stood out. Of course jacoby comes with questions but in superflex that's the price you pay.

LaDarius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby LaDarius » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm not a fan of Abdullah at all, and QB's are valuable in a superflex. It's probably a pretty fair offer given the uncertainty of Brissett's future as a starter, but I'd probably take him and hope he gets a shot eventually (likely not in Indy).

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:30 pm

I would take it. As some has mentioned, I'm not a fan of Abdullah- and there is no given on Brissett in the future. But- because this is a Superflex AND because your goal is to win a Championship I'd pull the trigger.

In Dynasty we tend to think long term so much, but our year in and out goal is to win it all. You can be a strong team in dynasty for 6-7 years and still only pull off one or two championships. If you're in that window then I say take it. It's not like trading Abdullah is going to kill your future..
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:23 am

i think brissett has shown well enough to start next season. abdullah has had plenty of opportunity to show us anything and hasnt
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp