Do I make a move at QB to go all in this year?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Do I make a move at QB to go all in this year?

Postby MontrealBen » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:17 am

Team in the sig. Most reasonable weeks and barring injuries, I expect to be rolling out:

QB - Newton
RB - Bell, Gordon
WR - Brown, Green
TE - Ertz
Flex - two of Cooper, Dez, Mixon

Cam is a potential weak link in there (Rivers is my backup in case of injury), and the Brady owner is selling. The offer to beat is another contender's Dede/MLee for Brady/Mack/4th (which is laughable). Should I offer something up from the backend of my bench to get a similar package? If so, what would be fair? I have played fantasy football for close to a decade, but this is only my second year of dynasty and I'm beginning to feel like my lifelong commitment to QB streaming might not be the way to go here (I traded for Cam earlier in the year b/c I was rotating between Cutler, Eli, and worse from the wire and always picking wrong). Still, I'm hesitant to give up recent high draft picks (ie Williams) for a QB who could be done at any time.

IF it matters, playoff schedules are as follows (I'm hoping to have a first round bye, the last two weeks are most important):
Brady -- @Mia, @Pit, Buf (awful matchups in 15/16)
Newton -- Min, GB, TB (solid matchups in 15/16)
Rivers -- Wsh, @KC, @NYJ (great matchups in 15/16 but on the road)

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Do I make a move at QB to go all in this year?

Postby lic217 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:28 am

Get Brady even if it means giving up a solid prospect (not any of your flex guys) or future first.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:02 am

Dede & MLee should not be hard to "beat".
Honestly? Try offering a 2nd straight up for Brady.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 am

you can stream in dynasty aswell.....your redraft background is ok.....just do not over pay for qb. maybe you could offer cam and 2nd for brady and his 1st.. you never know.

to answer your question.....i would not worry about it. cam could get hot and carry you down the stretch. qb is not a position that you should be concerning yourself with. its just so unpredictable.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 am

Give him any of your backups or a 2nd and get Brady.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:44 am

sloth8u wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:10 am you can stream in dynasty aswell.....your redraft background is ok.....just do not over pay for qb. maybe you could offer cam and 2nd for brady and his 1st.. you never know.

to answer your question.....i would not worry about it. cam could get hot and carry you down the stretch. qb is not a position that you should be concerning yourself with. its just so unpredictable.
He's got Wentz and Cousins, so he won't be interested in a Brady-Cam swap.

Your description is where I'm at with Cam. If things don't happen, I'm good with him. The advice here was helpful though. Nothing is going to happen today, so I'll probably bring this back next week if negotiations stall. Thanks all.

UsualSuspects
Starter
Starter

Postby UsualSuspects » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:41 pm

You have a fairly similar team to mine. I traded a 2018 2nd and Doctson for Brady. A bit of an overpay but I think well worth it.
12 Team PPR - '16 7th '17 1st '18 3rd ‘19 3rd ‘20 5th ‘21 3rd ‘22 7th ‘23 1st
Start- QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/D -All TD’s are 6 pts.
Qb- Hurts, Purdy, Browning
RB- Gibbs, Javontae Williams, Ford, Gainwell, McLaughlin, Mason, E Mitchell
WR- Jaylen Waddle, Aiyuk, Addison, Rice, Downs, Pickens, Marquise Brown, Davis, MT, Chark, Mingo, C Samuel, Douglas, Austin III, Danny Gray
TE- LaPorta, Friermuth, Okonkwo
K- Aubrey, Buttker
2024 picks 2.03, 3.03, 5, 5, 5, 5
2025 picks 2, 3, 4, 5
-----

Team 2-
12 Team Superflex PPR - '24 took over via 3 team dispersal
Start- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Superflex, 1Flex, PPR- passing TD’s 4 pts
Qb- Tua, Stafford, Geno Smith
RB- McCaffrey, Mostert, Kamara, Brian Robinson, Warren, McLaughlin, Rodriguez
WR- Tyreek, DK Metcalf, DaVante Adams, DHop, Godwin, Downs, Gabe Davis, Sutton, Mike Williams, Chark, Mooney, Osborn
TE- Kittle, Kelce, Freiermuth
2024 picks 2.11, 3.01, 3.11, 4.03
2025 picks 3,3,3,3,4,4
------

Team 3

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Update. I'm feeling much better with Cam, but I'm still considering dealing for Brady. The owner has asked for Doug Martin. Is this a fair deal for the team in my sig? Would I be killing my RB depth in case of an injury to a top guy? I know opinions on Martin vary wildly on this forum. Or is there a deal you see for a team who should be back in competition next year that would make sense?

FYI - his top assets outside of Brady are Wentz/Cousins, Ingram/Ajayi/Carson/Mack, KAllen/Sammy/ARob/Edelman, Gronk/Howard. He should be able to compete next year (is not interested in moving Ingram in a rebuild move, so I think he sees his team the same way).

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 pm

MontrealBen wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:07 pm Update. I'm feeling much better with Cam, but I'm still considering dealing for Brady. The owner has asked for Doug Martin. Is this a fair deal for the team in my sig? Would I be killing my RB depth in case of an injury to a top guy? I know opinions on Martin vary wildly on this forum. Or is there a deal you see for a team who should be back in competition next year that would make sense?

FYI - his top assets outside of Brady are Wentz/Cousins, Ingram/Ajayi/Carson/Mack, KAllen/Sammy/ARob/Edelman, Gronk/Howard. He should be able to compete next year (is not interested in moving Ingram in a rebuild move, so I think he sees his team the same way).
I would do the martin trade. If you are down to martin as your RB you probably arent going to win anyway.

kilgorextrout
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kilgorextrout » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Martin has terrible matchups down the stretch, is averaging somewhere around 2.6 yards per carry, and may be finding a new home next year. I'd move him for TD Tommy.
12 team Standard
Russell Wilson
King Henry,Chubb, Antonio Gibson, David Johnson, Mike Davis, A McFarland, J Samuels, Ito Smith, Brian Hill
Godwin, K Allen, OBJ, Tyler Boyd, Tre'Quan Smith, M Boykin, D Duvernay,
Travis Kelce, T.J. Hockenson, OJ Howard
(QB/3WR/2RB/TE/FLEX)

12 team 1 point PPR
Justin Herbert, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr
JT, Chubb, Mixon, Chase Edmonds, Sony Michel, Ito Smith, Brian Hill, Gio Bernard
Nuk, Ridley, Boyd, OBJ, Claypool, Agholor, Zay Jones, A Tate, James Washington, John Brown, Preston Williams
Hockenson, OJ Howard
(QB/2WR/2RB/TE/2FLEX)

12 team 1 point PPR, SF, IDP
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/ ... =0011&O=01
(QB/3WR/2RB/TE/2FLEX/SF/2DT/2LB/2CB/2FLEX/K)

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 pm

tom14cat14 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 pm
MontrealBen wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:07 pm Update. I'm feeling much better with Cam, but I'm still considering dealing for Brady. The owner has asked for Doug Martin. Is this a fair deal for the team in my sig? Would I be killing my RB depth in case of an injury to a top guy? I know opinions on Martin vary wildly on this forum. Or is there a deal you see for a team who should be back in competition next year that would make sense?

I would do the martin trade. If you are down to martin as your RB you probably arent going to win anyway.
x2
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Done. Brady and his 4th rounder (currently 4.03) for Martin and my 3rd (currently 3.08, but a shot at 3.10).

This also allows me to hang onto all my players (I'd have had to drop Godwin, J. Williams, or someone else for a kicker).