Team advice (4-3 currently)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Team advice (4-3 currently)

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Hey everyone, I’m new to this site and figured I would join, as I joined the startup of a dynasty league this year, my first ever. It’s a 30 man dynasty league w/superflex, 8 starters. Currently 4-3, but not optimistic for this season

Roster as follows:
QB- Roethlisburger, Cousins, Mahomes, Mccaron, Peterman, Callahan, Hogan.

RB- Gillislee, Foreman, Mack, Connor, Kamara, Ellington.

WR- Adams, T.Y. Hilton, Benjamin, Fuller, G. Allison, M Lee, Campanaro, E Eagan, Perriman, Eli Rogers, Trent Taylor, deAnthony Thomas, R Woods.

TE- Engram, Devalve, maxx williams, B Watson.

I made a trade earlier this year, that saw me let go of DJ following injury, but haul a return that included Hilton, Mahomes, 2 first rd picks this year, and a first and two second rd picks next year (2019). I let go of B Cooks and Paxton Lynch along with DJ on that one. Also- One of the picks I acquired this year will be top 3, as the team is awful.

My question is, should I intentionally tank for a guy like Barkley? Is there a guarantee he goes to the NFL draft after this season? I like Guice as well, but outside of that don’t know who the top guys are.

I like my stable of young running backs, but may not see high production from them for a year or so.

Also, what is the value of Ryan Tannehill? I currently have an offer requesting Roethlisburger, a 2018 first rd pick, and a 2019 fourth rd pick, which seems like a steep price, no?
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team advice (4-3 currently)

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 pm

You're asking a lot of questions and I don't know which one to answer. If you're 4-3, not sure how you'd be able to tank for Barkley since I'm assuming there are much worse teams. Also, this is a 30 team league and you have a superflex? That's pretty crazy, unless it's a double copy of each player.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:02 pm

My apologies, worded that a bit funny. 12 man league, 30 player rosters, with 8 starters. After this week I am 4-3 and in third place, but this league is a tight race. A loss next week could see me fall all the way to 6 or 7th.

I don’t believe I have the firepower to win this year, as the top dog is 6-1, and has a starting lineup consisting of Brady, Brees, Fournette, Bell, Hunt, Jordy, Crabtree, filler TE (Olsen went down).

I have the three first rd picks this year, and not sure if I should hold them, or move them for players. Two of them are most likely going to be top 5 picks at this stage.
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:05 am

Tough choice, but I don’t think your team will be able to go all the way. Unless you have very shallow starting requirements, I’d hold on to your top 5 picks.

As for Tannehill, I would not pay that for him even in a superflex. I’d counter with Big Ben and a 2nd.
Message me if you’d like to add some flare to your MLF dynasty leagues. Custom team graphics and more...

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:23 am

Thanks for the advice on Tannehill. The team who holds him also has Rodgers, I am thinking about offering up two, 2019 first rd picks, and a second rd pick, along with Big Ben. That is probably as far as I would go. This would allow me to keep hold of my current picks this season, and also add a cornerstone piece.