Orleans Darkwa vs Dede Westbrook: what's their respective trade value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Orleans Darkwa vs Dede Westbrook: what's their respective trade value?

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:36 pm

I'm thinking about trying to buy Westbrook, and I'm thinking about trying to sell Darkwa to do it.

My main dilemma is that I'm still very uncertain on how I should be valuing Darkwa. He has a favorable schedule until Week 15, and I wonder if I should hold him to see if his value ascends further. I do feel confident he's NY's best runner (Perkins is bad and Gallman is JAG all over), but will the O-line perform well enough to let him climb in fantasy value?

As for Westbrook, he's a total coin-flip in my eyes. Matt Harmon's analysis trashed him, PFF's scouting report loves his potential, he tore up preseason but only faced press-coverage on one of those catches, his character 'grade' seems to be strewn with red-flags (it's not just the DV allegation from a few years ago, it's how he interviewed at the Combine; several teams took him right off their board after interviewing him), and the Jaguars could be looking for a decent QB for years, plus Robinson has the #1 WR job locked up in Jax long-term, right? Westbrook has a lot working against him... but he also has an attractive schedule through Week 15, once he gets off IR. Could end up a hot guy to flip going into the offseason.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TheGunSlinger
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Orleans Darkwa vs Dede Westbrook: what's their respective trade value?

Postby TheGunSlinger » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:42 pm

To me you have to take the potential of Dede. Darkwa is a nice back, but on a team that has 0 WRs they are going to try to rely on that running game, but sadly, will have to use the passing game to even catch up in games. Dede, although stuck with Bortles, may be a main WR for the team as Hurns/Lee have done nothing this year. Take the potential

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:55 pm

I couldn't get a 3rd out of Darkwa, so if you can get Westbrook for him that's pretty solid value
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:34 pm

So then, are you two suggesting a straight swap? An offer of Darkwa directly for Westbrook?
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:55 pm I couldn't get a 3rd out of Darkwa, so if you can get Westbrook for him that's pretty solid value
That could change if Darkwa has another good game tomorrow, which is a more plausible possibility than I think most realize.

Seattle's run-D is quietly 26th in DVOA after Hyde, Murray, and Henry trashed them. I don't think Seattle's run-D will stay at that rank for too long, but the point here is that their run-D is not as tough as it's been in the past. Darkwa could surprise us again statistically if he gets another 20 carries. If Darkwa rips high-profile defenses like Denver and Seattle back-to-back while getting 20+ touches (Perkins is confirmed out again, btw), Darkwa's sell-high window could get suddenly absurd.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:53 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:34 pm So then, are you two suggesting a straight swap? An offer of Darkwa directly for Westbrook?
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:55 pm I couldn't get a 3rd out of Darkwa, so if you can get Westbrook for him that's pretty solid value
That could change if Darkwa has another good game tomorrow, which is a more plausible possibility than I think most realize.

Seattle's run-D is quietly 26th in DVOA after Hyde, Murray, and Henry trashed them. I don't think Seattle's run-D will stay at that rank for too long, but the point here is that their run-D is not as tough as it's been in the past. Darkwa could surprise us again statistically if he gets another 20 carries. If Darkwa rips high-profile defenses like Denver and Seattle back-to-back while getting 20+ touches (Perkins is confirmed out again, btw), Darkwa's sell-high window could get suddenly absurd.
Darkwa has a good matchup tomorrow and he'll probably get his chance to eat while he's getting fed - but I'd be pretty surprised if he can actually get to 20 carries given what projects as negative game flow for the Giants. Even if he plays well tomorrow, I doubt that many people would suddenly think, "Wow, Orleans Darkwa!" I think they'll think he had a good game and chalk it up to Seattle's poor run defense.
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Will there be negative game-flow for NY's RBs?

Seattle's offense hasn't been great this year. Wilson's thrown for less than 200 yards in 3 of 5 games, and their rushing-offense hasn't been anything special. I don't know that they'll actually dominate time of possession, or score enough, fast enough to force NY to throw to their non-existent WR corps, instead of run.

I also don't feel like it's actually widely realized yet that Seattle's run-D has been so-so this season.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

diamonddave
Captain
Captain

Postby diamonddave » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:57 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:49 pm Will there be negative game-flow for NY's RBs?

Seattle's offense hasn't been great this year. Wilson's thrown for less than 200 yards in 3 of 5 games, and their rushing-offense hasn't been anything special. I don't know that they'll actually dominate time of possession, or score enough, fast enough to force NY to throw to their non-existent WR corps, instead of run.

I also don't feel like it's actually widely realized yet that Seattle's run-D has been so-so this season.
Looks like Seattle got their act together after the bye and NYG's offense is a train wreck. Darkwa looks like a one-hit wonder to me.
12-team, PPR, 2QB, IDP League--Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 W/R/T, 2D, 1LB, 1DL, 1DB

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Bryce Young, Gardner Minshew
RB: Saquon Barkley, David Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, AJ Dillon, Kenneth Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Rico Dowdle, IR: JK Dobbins
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, Cooper Kupp, Diontae Johnson, Marquise Brown, Josh Palmer, Dontayvion Wicks, Tutu Atwell
TE: TJ Hockensen, Pat Freiermuth
K: Dustin Hopkins
LB: Roquan Smith, CJ Mosley, Terrel Bernard Ernest Jones, Quincy Williams
DL: Jonathan Greenard , Malcolm Koonce
DB: Jason Pinnock

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Darkwa couldn't get the job last year over Perkins, I don't see him solidifying it this year either.

To me the NYG backfield is a hot mess to steer clear from. If you can get Dede for him straight up then do it.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Jaguars8907
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Jaguars8907 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:14 pm

NYG are rotating RB's every week. I'd rather take a shot on Westbrook's upside
0.5 PPR Scoring - 12 Team - Dynasty Kings
QB [Start 1] RB [1] WR [2] TE [1] FLEX [2] K [1] IDP [3]
2012 Silver
2017 Bronze
2018 Bronze
2019 Silver

Quarterbacks - Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, Gardner Minshew II
Running backs - Ezekiel Elliott, David Johnson, James Robinson, Darrell Henderson, Jamal Williams, Matt Breida, Darrel Williams, Frank Gore, Royce Freeman, Tony Pollard
Wide receivers - Odell Beckham, Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, AJ Green, Denzel Mims, Hunter Renfrow, James Washington, Breshad Perriman
Tight ends - George Kittle, David Njoku, Gerald Everett, Drew Sample
Kickers - Wil Lutz
IDP - Myles Jack, Joe Schobert, Jaylon Smith, Kenneth Murray
Taxi Squad - Laviska Shenault, Devin Duvernay, Anthony McFarland, Deejay Dallas

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:50 pm

If you can get Westbrook for Darkwa, I'd 100% do that. I highly doubt that offer gets accepted though. I'd say Darkwa is worth a late 3rd at most, and Westbrook probably around a late 2nd?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd