Rebuild advice needed

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
seachicken206
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Rebuild advice needed

Postby seachicken206 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:22 am

How's it going guys. Just joined these forums because I need advice on my team and I sure as hell can't ask my friends that I play against. Also seems like a great place for everything dynasty related.

I have absolutely terrible depth and my starters aren’t great either, so I need to rebuild, but I am uncertain of who to trade away to acquire younger talent. Also, I am 4-2 right now, and have made it to the first round of the playoffs the last 2 years. This makes it harder to sell all my guys, despite the dumpster fire of a team that I have.

League format:
12 teams
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 RB/WR/TE
1 Kicker
2 Defensive Lineman
2 Linebackers
2 Defensive backs
35 man rosters
3 IR slots
3 practice squad slots
Standard scoring non-PPR

Here is my disastrous team:
Luck, Manning, Watson
Ingram, Cook, Prosise, Jamal Williams, Vereen, Donnel Pumphrey, Akeem Hunt
Keenan, Crabtree, JJ Nelson, Wallace, Britt, Humphries, Kendall Wright, Aiken, Fowler
Sefarian-Jenkins, Hooper, Bennett, Kroft
Matt Bryant, Dan Bailey
JJ Watt, Cox, Campbell
Bowman, Kwon Alexander, BJ Goodson
McCourty, Branch, Cyprien

Draft picks:
Have all plus a 2018 3rd round and 2019 4th round

Despite a decent record and recent playoff appearances, my team sucks. You are likely well aware. What would you do to build depth?

VinniVidiVici
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Rebuild advice needed

Postby VinniVidiVici » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:27 am

-Build around Watson and Keenan. Both young enough and good enough to at least compete while rebuilding
-Make a tooooon of offers. Be amazed how quickly can turn a roster over if other owners are willing to make minor deals. Just keep getting incrementally better.
-Trade defensive stars like Watt (in off season for better value after injury)

Just keep throwing darts. THe more you throw. the more that will stick!
3-time Champs 2017/2018/2021 | 10-team | .50 ppr | Unique league rules for waiver wire and roster limits | Bid on all non rostered players each Wed w/ funds going to end of season prize
Roster:
QB - A Richardson, J Fields
RB - N Chubb, T Etienne, D Achane, R White
WR - C Lamb, J Waddle, Kupp, T Dell, T McLaurin
K - E McPhearson
TE - D Goedert, T Hockenson
DL- N Bosa, C Lawson, J Sweat
LB - E Kendricks, I Simmons, D Jones
DB - D James, B Baker, H Smith, J Brisker

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 am

Well I can tell you this, unless a miracle happens you aren't likely to win the championship. If you're competing for a $$ payout this year (like if third gets money) and you want to do that then you're probably safe to rebuild in the offseason. If you have gotten lucky and shouldn't actually be 4-2 and want to start the rebuild immediately then I would suggest the following:

Sell: Ingram, Crabtree, Manning, Bennett, Watt, Wallace and then any player over 28 in your IDP (I'm not super hip on IDP values)

From competing teams I'm sure you'd get a good haul from Crabs and Ingram, and maybe a team that's looking good for next year would want Watt.

You have two awesome young RBs and QBs to build around, and I like KA but the fact that he's your #1 is sort of disparaging. You'll need to make some solid improvements to your WRs which you could do by stocking up picks or trading for developmental pieces like John Ross, Doctson, or other low valued guys and hope you hit.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 am

The first 2 names that stick out who I would trade in a rebuild are Ingram and Crabtree. Both of their values should be fairly high right now, so it would be a great time to get some youth and/or picks for them.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:32 am

Sell anything but Cook and Watson. In non-PPR, I'd be securing stud RBs, or RBs with that potential. When the playoffs get closer, you should have some nice deals coming your way from contenders. Be patient, wait for the right deal.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

seachicken206
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby seachicken206 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:25 am

Slackalacker wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 am ...

Sell: Ingram, Crabtree, Manning, Bennett, Watt, Wallace and then any player over 28 in your IDP (I'm not super hip on IDP values)

You have two awesome young RBs and QBs to build around, and I like KA but the fact that he's your #1 is sort of disparaging. You'll need to make some solid improvements to your WRs which you could do by stocking up picks or trading for developmental pieces like John Ross, Doctson, or other low valued guys and hope you hit.
two awesome young rbs? who are you referring to?

solid advice though. thanks for the input guys.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:40 am

keep cook keenan and watson and sell the rest off for youth and picks. thats the formula
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

seachicken206
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby seachicken206 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:08 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:40 am keep cook keenan and watson and sell the rest off for youth and picks. thats the formula
i think that is a good route to go. i would like to keep ingram so i have 2 Rbs who actually get carries next year, but with Kamara there and Ingram's recent big game, it is probably smart to sell him while he has good value.

Trade value for Ingram and Crabtree? What could i expect pick wise?