C. McCaffrey and late 1st for Mixon?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
believeinthehunter
Role Player
Role Player

Re: C. McCaffrey and late 1st for Mixon?

Postby believeinthehunter » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:30 am

You have to think also, look at the offensive mixon is in. Green is gonna eat at the goaline, if they get eifert back, he's gonna eat at the goaline too. Mixon will get goaline work, but those targets/opportunities aren't all gonna go his way. Mixon is a capable receiver but the bengals aren't creative enough to use him to his potential as a receiver, so you might never get the same receiving numbers from Dixon. For this year at least, I would look at CMC as a WR2/3 instead of a RB2. That is more fairly indicative of his value, as the majority of his touches have come off the pass. In terms of fantasy usage, CMC is very close to Tyreek Hill is terms of targets and production. Now that isn't going to last, and CMC will get better between the tackles. But it is fair to wonder if he can improve enough to be a legitimate ground threat. That first this year, I really like. Idk I feel like the first makes the difference for me.
QB: Carson Wentz, Mitchell Trubisky, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold
RB: Kareem Hunt, Christian McCaffrey, Duke Johnson, Isaiah Crowell, Rashaad Penny, James Conner, Sony Michel, Nyheim Hines, Jamal Williams
WR: Amari Cooper, Tyreek Hill, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb, Albert Wilson, Trequan Smith
TE: Trey Burton, OJ Howard, Austin Sefarian-Jenkings,
Def: Detroit and Los Angeles Rams
Kicker: Jake Elliot
2019: 2 1sts 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2020: 3z firsts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
2022: 1 st, 2 seconds, 3rd, 4th
QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Kicker/Def/Flex/Superflex
Half PPR

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:44 am

McCaffrey and Mixon were close in the draft, and McCaffrey has been excellent. Personally I wouldn't give McCaffrey straight up for Mixon in any sort of PPR, but it still comes down to preference I think. However, that preference range shouldn't cover an entire extra 1st round pick.

Give me McCaffrey and the pick solidly.

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:52 am

WP3 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 am I don't trust cmac as a guy to be an RB1. They seem just not to like giving him many carries. With it not being full ppr, a late 1st wouldn't make up difference for me
Olsen going down cemented McCaffrey getting more catches than carries in that time. Not to mention Kelvin Benjamin and Curtis Samuel have been on injury reports. Jonathan Stewart has actually been healthy and is the main reason McCaffrey’s carries are low. McCaffrey’s receiving skills are arguably more valuable than his rushing skills while Olsen is out and Stewart is healthy.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson/Gardner Minshew
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Hamilton/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Dugger/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th
2025 Draft picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:20 pm

skip wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:20 am
Mrowmix wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 pm
Jaguars8907 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:47 am I would rather have the Mixon side, coming from a previous CMAC owner.
Same here. CMC's yardage totals are embarrassingly low - both rushing and receiving. He's being propped up by receptions and a pair of TDs.

His usage is encouraging in a full PPR league, but I don't see any reason why Carolina doesn't draft their JStew replacement next year. They could easily find a guy in the third round or later that just ends up taking over completely.
I don't agree with this at all. Carolina needs to just move to giving CMC the football due to Stewart's ineffectiveness. CMC will be more productive in all facets of the game. Carolina would be wasting a pick on a RB next season.
The only person in the league that's looked worse rushing the football than Jonathan Stewart this year is Christian McCaffrey.

Him not getting the ball on handoffs more often is his doing, not the coaches.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Vcize wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:20 pm
skip wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:20 am
Mrowmix wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Same here. CMC's yardage totals are embarrassingly low - both rushing and receiving. He's being propped up by receptions and a pair of TDs.

His usage is encouraging in a full PPR league, but I don't see any reason why Carolina doesn't draft their JStew replacement next year. They could easily find a guy in the third round or later that just ends up taking over completely.
I don't agree with this at all. Carolina needs to just move to giving CMC the football due to Stewart's ineffectiveness. CMC will be more productive in all facets of the game. Carolina would be wasting a pick on a RB next season.
The only person in the league that's looked worse rushing the football than Jonathan Stewart this year is Christian McCaffrey.

Him not getting the ball on handoffs more often is his doing, not the coaches.
This is completely inaccurate
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson/Gardner Minshew
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Hamilton/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Dugger/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th
2025 Draft picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

Slackalacker wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 pm I'm happy with CMC and a first
I agree with this...

Ponedog
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ponedog » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:25 am

Both players aren't being used properly. Tough to say CMC can't run between the tackles when he gets 4 touches a game. He is fully capable of carrying the load. Mixon too is not being used the right way. I would take CMC and the 1st. But tough to tell who has more potential