Go After OBJ?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SFdude
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Go After OBJ?

Postby SFdude » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:08 pm

A team owner in my league is in conflict on whether to trade to win this year or to rebuild, and has indicated that he is open to offers for OBJ and others. IMO, his team is competitive as is, but is probably not enough to go far in the playoffs should he make it. And should he not make it to the playoffs, his team would be one on the favorites to push for a high draft pick. This last bit is important because I own his 2018 1st.

His players of interest are: Carr, Fournette, OBJ, K. Allen, Jimmy Graham.

My team is currently in first with the most points to date, but I know a championship is no guarantee. So, although I want to stay competitive this year (not sell the farm), I don't want to pass up an opportunity. So, looking at my team below, is it worth going after a player like OBJ, and if so, what could I afford to give? Also, looking for suggestions on how to maximize his 2018 1st that I have.
Team #1: FFPC (12 teams, PPR; TE premium; 20 players, 16 during off-season)

•Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick
•Saquon Barkley, Derrick Henry, Devonta Freeman, Damien Williams, Darwin Thompson, Ito Smith, Raheem Mostert, Gus Edwards, Darrel Williams, DeAndre Washington
•Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb
•Hunter Henry, OJ Howard, Eric Ebro
•Harrison Butker
•Denver Def, LA Rams

SFdude
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Go After OBJ?

Postby SFdude » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Just to follow up, I offered Jordan Howard and 2 firsts, and it wasn’t quite enough to make the deal happen.
Team #1: FFPC (12 teams, PPR; TE premium; 20 players, 16 during off-season)

•Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick
•Saquon Barkley, Derrick Henry, Devonta Freeman, Damien Williams, Darwin Thompson, Ito Smith, Raheem Mostert, Gus Edwards, Darrel Williams, DeAndre Washington
•Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Randall Cobb
•Hunter Henry, OJ Howard, Eric Ebro
•Harrison Butker
•Denver Def, LA Rams

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Not sure why you would want to give up any of your starters for a guy on IR when you're competing now.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:35 pm

Don’t think you can get him and maintain your core for competing this year. Would need MT or Hunt plus 1-2 firsts
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave