Trade offers pouring in for Landry and Thielen

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Trade offers pouring in for Landry and Thielen

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:43 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:59 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:22 pm Bottom line is Cooks should and does hold more value than Landry. If you're looking at PPG to justify your point of view you're treating the situation with more of a redraft mindset.
How would you look at it? They're the same age, so you can't argue youthness gives Cooks more upside. Since they've entered the league, Landry has outscored Cooks every single year. Cooks currently has a target boost from Brady with Edleman out, and Landry's quarterback is Jay Cutler and Landry is still beating Cooks

What do you see that makes you positive Cooks will be a better fantasy choice the next year or year after that?
Landry has fewer yards and TD’s every year and only outscores Cooks in full PPR formats due to a large volume of shorter catches. Cooks is a superior talent that can produce at all levels while Landry has hit his athletic ceiling. If Landry isn’t getting checked down to all Day his PPG floor drops and his ceiling will never be higher. Cooks can be an athletic number 1 WR
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:20 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:22 pm Bottom line is Cooks should and does hold more value than Landry. If you're looking at PPG to justify your point of view you're treating the situation with more of a redraft mindset.
How would you look at it? They're the same age, so you can't argue youthness gives Cooks more upside. Since they've entered the league, Landry has outscored Cooks every single year. Cooks currently has a target boost from Brady with Edleman out, and Landry's quarterback is Jay Cutler and Landry is still beating Cooks

What do you see that makes you positive Cooks will be a better fantasy choice the next year or year after that?
I agree with this 100%. People love to hate Landry. I just wish I had some of those in my leagues that I dont have him.

albedo1986
Role Player
Role Player

Postby albedo1986 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:47 pm

How in the world do you think Cooks is getting a target boost from Edelman being out? Have you been watching where the targets are going? Hogan/Amendola have been playing this role - note cooks. This will likely continue to be his target share going forward. Not to mention that anytime Gronk has been healthy Edelman's targets have decreased significantly. This should basically be what you expect. You can only have some many WRs on the field at once lol.

Dynastyallday
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Dynastyallday » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Thielen will be 28 when next season begins. I don't consider that "promising young talent".