Make a Move? Or NOT to make a move?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Make a Move? Or NOT to make a move?

Postby RGKID144 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:13 am

What's up all, 10 team league with DEEP starting requirements as follows: 2QB/4WR/2RB/TE/FLEX.

Had championship aspirations on paper, but team came out of the gate struggling mightily. Also, faced some adversity with injuries, etc. Depth is my strength, so I've found myself at 3-3, so my question now is do I make a move? Or do I stand pat?

Current starters are as follows:

QB: Cam
QB: Cousins
WR: Julio
WR: Alshon
WR: Crabtree
WR: Larry Fitz
RB: Ajayi
RB: Doug Martin
TE: Engram
FLEX: Golden Tate

Tate is also hurt now, so I'll probably be flexing Marshawn, or Abdullah when he returns from bye. Regardless, being that I lost Odell, Eifert, Tate, Bradford, among others, do I make a move somewhere? Or is my lineup still formidable enough to make a run?

Sidenote- I've been offered Ertz for Njoku and Golladay, but I turned it down, as I really want to hold onto Golladay, and Engram seems to be doing just fine. Should I be making a play for Ertz though?

Any feedback helps, team is in sig, thanks!
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Make a Move? Or NOT to make a move?

Postby Slackalacker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 am

Geez, go back and accept that Ertz trade immediately, that's one heck of a low payment for Ertz
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:20 am

I think you made a huge mistake passing on that Ertz offer. Not only will it help you this year, but that's just great value.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 am

Slackalacker wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 am Geez, go back and accept that Ertz trade immediately, that's one heck of a low payment for Ertz
Goddard wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:20 am I think you made a huge mistake passing on that Ertz offer. Not only will it help you this year, but that's just great value.
Lol, you're both probably right. BUT, I think I'm still going to stand pat and hold onto Golladay. I had my eye set on him in the draft for a long time. He's kind of been my baby for a little bit lol. Regardless, Engram has obviously stepped up in NYG's time of desperation, so my need for TE is not as pressing as it was several weeks ago.

And in terms of value, it's basically a 1st round pick(Njoku) and a 2nd round pick(Golladay), which is probably a slight underpay for Ertz, but 2x Firsts sounds about right, so it's closer than first glance IMHO. So when it's broken down into values, it's not that big of a landslide, etc. I get that Ertz is still young and has a FIRE connection with Wentz right now, so he's basically untouchable. I just invested SO much into my TE's in this year's class to avoid having to trade any value for one because I was nervous about Eifert. Now that Engram is actually killing it, I'm finding it even harder to want to move anything for a top TE.

WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:06 am

Slackalacker wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 am Geez, go back and accept that Ertz trade immediately, that's one heck of a low payment for Ertz
ya the last sentence you ruined the whole topic lol all i could focus on was how silly that was to pass on Ertz
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 am

onto the original point of the post...you need better RBs and id pack it in for the year and sell off the old guys while you can
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:06 am
ya the last sentence you ruined the whole topic lol all i could focus on was how silly that was to pass on Ertz
Lol, jeez Louise. I do agree that Ertz is the better side of that deal, but not by the landslide everyone here seems to think so far.

So, IMHO, as I mentioned, Njoku and Golladay are equal to roughly a late 1st round pick, and mid 2nd round pick. How much more do you guys think Ertz is worth?

ALSO, I know it's far from a sure thing, but I don't feel that TE is AS pressing of a need as it was several weeks ago because of Engram's emergence, so that gives me less incentive to want to even move anything for Ertz as it is.
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 am onto the original point of the post...you need better RBs and id pack it in for the year and sell off the old guys while you can
Lol, I appreciate your input, thanks! But question, so you think I should legit sell off pieces and pack it in for the year at 3-3, and in 5th place? I'm definitely not into that idea, but I'm all ears as to why you think it's the best move, or any ideas you have for selling off pieces, etc.

Thanks to all for the feedback so far!

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Major this. Ertz is a beast.

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:54 pm

RGKID144 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 pm
Lol, jeez Louise. I do agree that Ertz is the better side of that deal, but not by the landslide everyone here seems to think so far.

So, IMHO, as I mentioned, Njoku and Golladay are equal to roughly a late 1st round pick, and mid 2nd round pick. How much more do you guys think Ertz is worth?

ALSO, I know it's far from a sure thing, but I don't feel that TE is AS pressing of a need as it was several weeks ago because of Engram's emergence, so that gives me less incentive to want to even move anything for Ertz as it is.
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 am onto the original point of the post...you need better RBs and id pack it in for the year and sell off the old guys while you can
Lol, I appreciate your input, thanks! But question, so you think I should legit sell off pieces and pack it in for the year at 3-3, and in 5th place? I'm definitely not into that idea, but I'm all ears as to why you think it's the best move, or any ideas you have for selling off pieces, etc.

I think it is too early to sell off yet. Injuries are piling up everywhere. I would stand pat unless a great deal was presented. Cough ertz cough. So if another good deal comes by I would take it.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:12 am

tom14cat14 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:54 pm
RGKID144 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 pm

I think it is too early to sell off yet. Injuries are piling up everywhere. I would stand pat unless a great deal was presented. Cough ertz cough. So if another good deal comes by I would take it.
Lol, yeah I think I agree more so with this line of thinking. The season's not even at it's halfway point, and while I was much more heavily favored as a contender in the beginning of the season, I'm still fully expecting to make the playoffs, and anybody who plays fantasy football knows that once you're in the dance, anything's possible.

Back to the Ertz deal, I'm still on the fence about it. Obviously, the consensus here seems to be a landslide, but my thought process now is how Ertz will do ROS compared to Engram. Is it still worth moving a few pieces when I have a pretty solid option? My original motive for getting Ertz was because Eifert was hurt, and I was worried neither Engram or Njoku would have enough volume as rookies to fill the void. BUT, then I scooped up Jared Cook who served as a decent fill in, and now Engram is seemingly the focal point of the offense. I'm still a TAD hesitant being that Engram is a rookie, but he looks legit man. So, I just am not sure if I necessarily NEED to make a move for a TE.

In any event, what other advice can you guys give me? Anything specifically you see as weakness? Anything you think would be a good target? I'm all ears, but remember, most importantly this league's starting requirements are very deep. It's 2QB, and every team starts 4WR's PLUS a flex, so WR's tend to be HIGHLY valued.