2QB dilemma

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

2QB dilemma

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:44 am

Team 2 in signature

Bought Luck this off-season, so I've been rolling with Wilson/Hoyer all year. Eek! Given the fact that Seattle had a bye, and Hoyer has been benched, I had no one to play at QB this weekend. 😑 (No tanking rules were in place at the beginning of the season, no roster rules, so technically wasn't cheating, but it's sketchy at best for sure) League wasn't happy, and I get why, and I don't want to walk the line of "cheating", but what do I do to fix this? Deep league dynasty, there's nothing on FA...
I'm not thrilled with the idea of shipping Dez/AJG/my 1st (I'm in 11th, with not much positivity going for me) just to get a stop gap QB, but looks like this may be a bigger issue, so may have to make a bigger deal...

Guy with Bortles/Henne, and McCown/Petty has mentioned they are available, but what's my best move here? Target the SF/Indy QBs perhaps?

For the record, I don't like starting incomplete rosters, never have, but I was out of options unless I made a panic trade...
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2QB dilemma

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 am

I think this is something that occurs in a lot of 2QB leagues, but I wouldn't force an owner to pay an absurd amount for a random QB who might lose their job at some point. As long as you made an attempt at trying to acquire a QB, I can't fault you for having to start just one QB. It's not like other positions where you can grab someone off waivers and plug them in for a week and hope they get you a few points. Have you tried going after Brissett since you own Luck?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:11 am

This isn't a dilemma; it's a reality in a 12-team 2QB league. You're good.

If the league views this an issue, then they should convert it to an SF league with passing TDs at 6 points. That will still keep the value of the QB in the SF slot at an absolute premium while obviating the inevitable dilemma that you note.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:15 am

As someone who plays a lot of 2QB format, I don't think you should be forced to do anything. You cant control injuries, benchings, etc, so if you don't have a QB there is nothing that should force you to make a trade. Now if Russell Wilson is healthy and you are benching him for luck and hoyer then I could understand people being upset
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:18 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 am I think this is something that occurs in a lot of 2QB leagues, but I wouldn't force an owner to pay an absurd amount for a random QB who might lose their job at some point. As long as you made an attempt at trying to acquire a QB, I can't fault you for having to start just one QB. It's not like other positions where you can grab someone off waivers and plug them in for a week and hope they get you a few points. Have you tried going after Brissett since you own Luck?
Brissett is on my list of QBs that I'd be interested in, that won't cost the farm. Guy who has him also has: Dalton, Siemien, Wentz, Tann. He has the pieces to move Brissett, and it won't kill him. What's fair to offer? I feel like he's in a very odd place...
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:23 am

JoshuaGordon_9 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:18 am
Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 am I think this is something that occurs in a lot of 2QB leagues, but I wouldn't force an owner to pay an absurd amount for a random QB who might lose their job at some point. As long as you made an attempt at trying to acquire a QB, I can't fault you for having to start just one QB. It's not like other positions where you can grab someone off waivers and plug them in for a week and hope they get you a few points. Have you tried going after Brissett since you own Luck?
Brissett is on my list of QBs that I'd be interested in, that won't cost the farm. Guy who has him also has: Dalton, Siemien, Wentz, Tann. He has the pieces to move Brissett, and it won't kill him. What's fair to offer? I feel like he's in a very odd place...
I'd wait and see if Luck is going to be ruled out this week before making any moves. I've been hearing all along that week 7 would be the earliest he came back, so who knows, you might not even need to add anyone. However, if he isn't back, then I think a 3rd is more than fair for a few game rental and a player that the other owner will eventually drop without getting any compensation.