Rate My Retooling

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Rate My Retooling

Postby failblazer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 am

When evaluating one of my teams in the offseason (team 1 in sig), one that I had previously sold future assets of off to compete, I came to a realisation that the team ultimately wasn't strong enough to make a legit championship challenge. I had some pieces I liked so I didn't want to completely blow it up but I definitely needed to get younger. I had no picks until the 4th round of this past draft (due to aforementioned attempts to compete) so I have done some wheeling and dealing in the offseason and into the start of the season and wanted to get people's views on the moves I've made.

As of the end of last season, my roster consisted of:
QB - Brees, Wentz, Glennon
RB - D. Murray, Burkhead, G. Bernard, Henry, Farrow
WR - Hopkins, Benjamin, Hogan, Funchess, Parker, S. Roberts, R. Lewis, Treadwell, White, Gordon
TE - Gronkowski, Witten

Since then I have made the following moves:
GIVE Murray GET 2018 1st (probably mid 1st)
GIVE Witten and 2018 2nd for Kupp and 2018 4th
GIVE Brees GET 2018 1st (late)
GIVE Hogan GET 2018 1st (late)
GIVE 2x 2018 1st (both the late picks) GET McCaffrey

My roster now looks like this:
QB - Wentz, Keenum
RB - McCaffrey, Henry, Bernard, McGuire (added as FA), Burkhead, Henderson (drafted), White
WR - Hopkins, Benjamin, Parker, Kupp, Funchess, Treadwell, Lewis, C. Williams (drafted), Higgins (FA)
TE - Gronkowski, Griffin (FA)

I'm 1-4 for the season but fully expected to have a bad season this year in pursuit of getting younger. Still holding onto my 1st and the 1st I acquired for Murray (team currently 2-3). Made the McCaffrey trade yesterday and delighted about it. Feel like Wentz, CMC and Hopkins give me a really nice core to a team going forward and I have a lot of young players with upside like Funchess, Kupp etc who can develop and play roles. Still working on a few deals (one big one) but wanted to get the thoughts of the forum on the moves I've made. I don't feel like I've lost out on value in any of them but always like to get a second opinion.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

MockGM
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Rate My Retooling

Postby MockGM » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am

Looks like a solid base to a young roster. All the deals look good unless Hogan continues to blow up. You definitely need depth at RB and especially WR. Might make sense to move Gronk after a big game if you don't feel he fits with your team's timeline.
20 man Rosters PPR start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex (WR,RB,TE) K DEF 12 teams $220 cap
QB: Luck $22, Jameis $1, Mariota $1
RB: Saquon $18, D. Johnson $13, Henry $17, Gus Edwards $13, D. Martin $3
WR: Julio $50, Mike Evans $30, Diggs $12, Tyreek $8, Mike Williams $7, Godwin $4, Sutton $6, Agholor $8
TE: Burton $14, Hooper $2
K: Tucker $1
D/ST: Streaming

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am

I like what you’ve done here. You were able to build a young base and should have 2 early-mid 1st round picks
Message me if you’d like to add some flare to your MLF dynasty leagues. Custom team graphics and more...

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 pm

MockGM wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am Looks like a solid base to a young roster. All the deals look good unless Hogan continues to blow up. You definitely need depth at RB and especially WR. Might make sense to move Gronk after a big game if you don't feel he fits with your team's timeline.
Definitely need more pieces but not too concerned with RB right now. That's normally the last position I tackle but I love CMC and his upside in PPR (and at 21) means he's less volatile than other RBs.

Not worried about Hogan since I scooped him up a long time ago and just sat on him until he had value.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lordchay » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:46 pm

MockGM wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am Looks like a solid base to a young roster. All the deals look good unless Hogan continues to blow up. You definitely need depth at RB and especially WR. Might make sense to move Gronk after a big game if you don't feel he fits with your team's timeline.
This right here. Based on your retooling, I would consider trying to move Gronk after he blows up again to a contender for a young TE and 1st. By the team your team might be really ready to compete again, he will be older and more injuries. Hard to trust long-term but great when available.
Too many teams to list here... :lol:

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm

I'd move Gronk and also Benjamin, assuming its Kelvin that is. You already have Funchess. Seems redundant. Otherwise good start. I've been doing the same, but keep winning. Can't seem to buy a loss. I'll get my rebuild history up on this forum soon. But like what you are doing.
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Lordchay wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:46 pm
This right here. Based on your retooling, I would consider trying to move Gronk after he blows up again to a contender for a young TE and 1st. By the team your team might be really ready to compete again, he will be older and more injuries. Hard to trust long-term but great when available.
MarcoPolo25 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm I'd move Gronk and also Benjamin, assuming its Kelvin that is. You already have Funchess. Seems redundant. Otherwise good start. I've been doing the same, but keep winning. Can't seem to buy a loss.
I am in the process of shopping Gronk. I fought off bids for him in the past because I was in win now mode with the likes of Brees etc but yeah he's a prime target to move on if the value is there.

Not sure I agree about Benjamin though. I haven't seen enough out of Funchess yet to believe he is going to be the #1 in Carolina. Both are free agents in 2019 but I guess Funchess is 5 years younger. Is it just assumed by the dynasty community that Funchess will overtake Benjamin?
MarcoPolo25 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pmI'll get my rebuild history up on this forum soon. But like what you are doing.
Would be interested to see it.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:53 am

The retool continues! I've got a few more trades through:

GIVE Funchess GET Corey Coleman*
GIVE Keenum GET 2018 3rd
GIVE Gronkowski and Parker GET Cooper and 2018 2nd
GIVE Roger Lewis GET Brate

*Coleman went straight to IR so I was able to stash away Trent Taylor.

SO hyped to have Amari Cooper on board. pairing him with Hopkins I'm hoping will give me a legit 1-2 at WR for years to come.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:17 am

I like it.

How did you get a 3 rnd for keenum ?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 am

I like the deals, I'd keep the movement going. You have your top young qb, and a decent wr / rb core to build on.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 am

Great trade of cooper, He was a top 10 dynasty start up this year and has been under performing but he is too good to not bounce back. and great move for Corey coleman, he has way more upside as the defacto number 1 in cleveland vs funchess the number 2 potentially number 3 when Greg comes back. I really like how your team is developing. If you can make sure your overall pick is 1.1 or 1.2 youve got a surefire RB to really round out your depth at RB with barley or guice.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:38 am

ravn88 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:17 am I like it.

How did you get a 3 rnd for keenum ?
Being a 16 team league, starting QBs are harder to find. There's usually very little on the wire and I'll normally stash away 1-2 short term starters to try and flip to contenders during bye weeks or who need one due to injury. Week 6 a contending team had both of their QBs on bye so I offered out Keenum.
dblj1199 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 am I like the deals, I'd keep the movement going. You have your top young qb, and a decent wr / rb core to build on.
Rkerr8 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 am Great trade of cooper, He was a top 10 dynasty start up this year and has been under performing but he is too good to not bounce back. and great move for Corey coleman, he has way more upside as the defacto number 1 in cleveland vs funchess the number 2 potentially number 3 when Greg comes back. I really like how your team is developing. If you can make sure your overall pick is 1.1 or 1.2 youve got a surefire RB to really round out your depth at RB with barley or guice.
Thanks guys. I was very happy to get that Cooper deal over the line. I know he has been bad this season but I have to think that there is an underlying injury. It was certainly good to get out from underneath Gronk while his value was still strong. I look to be well on my way to a top 3 pick now at 1-5.

I got another move through that should limit my scoring this season but puts me in good stead for next season:

GIVE Brate and 2018 3rd GET Njoku :dance:

Needless to say I am happy to get a 1st round rookie pick (and still 21 to boot) for what started out as Roger Lewis and Case Keenum.
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson

C. Young, R. Quinn
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

A. Rodgers, J. Fields
J. Elliott

J. Simmons, W. Harris

wesley9547
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby wesley9547 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:26 am

Your on the right track I like all the moves. Good job man
“Take Care of Yo’ Chicken”