Wrong forum but need league advice pls

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Wrong forum but need league advice pls

Postby M-Dub » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:47 pm

First things first, if owners currently have access to assets they haven't paid for yet, you NEED to change the settings immediately so that the commish has to manually approve all trades. Then refuse to process any trades for future picks that haven't been paid for. And be consistent. Even if it's a future 3rd or 4th, MAKE PEOPLE PAY UP.

As far as what to do with this owner, you can't really put the genie back in the bottle, especially if games have already been played. However, once you've correctly adjusted your league settings, you need to inform this owner that his league dues for 2018 are due immediately and he won't be allowed to make any more trades or even make any waiver claims or adds/drops until he is paid in full. Basically, the only thing I would let this guy do is set a lineup until I have cash in hand (or funds in my Venmo, or however you kids pay for stuff these days).
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:09 pm

M-Dub wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:47 pm First things first, if owners currently have access to assets they haven't paid for yet, you NEED to change the settings immediately so that the commish has to manually approve all trades. Then refuse to process any trades for future picks that haven't been paid for. And be consistent. Even if it's a future 3rd or 4th, MAKE PEOPLE PAY UP.

As far as what to do with this owner, you can't really put the genie back in the bottle, especially if games have already been played. However, once you've correctly adjusted your league settings, you need to inform this owner that his league dues for 2018 are due immediately and he won't be allowed to make any more trades or even make any waiver claims or adds/drops until he is paid in full. Basically, the only thing I would let this guy do is set a lineup until I have cash in hand (or funds in my Venmo, or however you kids pay for stuff these days).
This is really your best course of action at this point. He has paid for this season so I would let him play, but disable his abilities to add/drop or make trades until he pays up. If he doesn't ante up for the trades that weren't payment-enforced, you just have to chalk it up to a learning experience imo. It's not his fault the illegal trades were processed.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:09 pm
M-Dub wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:47 pm First things first, if owners currently have access to assets they haven't paid for yet, you NEED to change the settings immediately so that the commish has to manually approve all trades. Then refuse to process any trades for future picks that haven't been paid for. And be consistent. Even if it's a future 3rd or 4th, MAKE PEOPLE PAY UP.

This is really your best course of action at this point. He has paid for this season so I would let him play, but disable his abilities to add/drop or make trades until he pays up. Owner turnover happens unfortunately. That is why you have to enforce the future payments from now on strictly. If he doesn't ante up for the trades that weren't payment-enforced, you just have to chalk it up to a learning experience imo. It's not his fault the illegal trades were processed.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Mr.Winitall wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:02 pm Going to go against the grain here and say I would strongly consider replacing him. If he has made it known he is leaving next year and is destroying the future value of the team, you are going to have trouble finding someone to take over an orphan with no value for years to come. Someone joining a dynasty league with the intention of playing 1 year and killing the future value of the team to win that year hurts the league overall and should not be in the league. At the least though, I would stop allowing him to make trades.
I would agree except for the OP hasn't come back in to answer some easy questions that were asked of him.
Why have a rule you that you pay for the year you trade in draft picks and then not apply the rule? If I was this owner (telling everyone I was gone after this year) and this rule wasn't enforced I would trade all my 2019, 2020, 2021 for all assets I could use this year. Why not? I told the league I was leaving after this year and the commish is allowing the trades so I am doing everything I can to win.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Mr.Winitall wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:02 pm Going to go against the grain here and say I would strongly consider replacing him. If he has made it known he is leaving next year and is destroying the future value of the team, you are going to have trouble finding someone to take over an orphan with no value for years to come. Someone joining a dynasty league with the intention of playing 1 year and killing the future value of the team to win that year hurts the league overall and should not be in the league. At the least though, I would stop allowing him to make trades.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ME AND 10 OTHER PLAYERS IN OUR LEAGUE IS THINKING
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:28 pm

Ski mask ready wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 pm
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ME AND 10 OTHER PLAYERS IN OUR LEAGUE IS THINKING
Can you answer why that owner was able to trade future draft picks without paying for that year? That seems like the biggest issue. Yeah that owner may screw the league in the future but you as the commish are responsible for that if you allowed it.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Make him pay you next years fee or start giving him zeros for his games this year.
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Ski mask ready wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 am
The guy is going to quit. Do I let him continue to change the landscape of a team he's going to bail on. That affects everyone in my league when he bails. Especially if the team will take several years to turn around.
Simple answer: No, do not let him kill his team and bounce.

I'd seriously look to go ahead and remove him now if he creates anymore issues as you stated above
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:06 am

Ski mask ready wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:04 pm THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ME AND 10 OTHER PLAYERS IN OUR LEAGUE IS THINKING
Then I think you should refund that owner for this season and reverse trades involving future picks.

Can you provide some examples of these win now trades that would jeopardize the future of the league?

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:52 am

Nothing wrong with going for it all and making It known. I know leagues where people do this and make it known. If hes following the rules there is nothing you can do.

Sounds to me like your biggest problem is allowing a guy you don't like or trust to trade picks in the future before paying and taking his word for it.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF