Wrong forum but need league advice pls

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Wrong forum but need league advice pls

Postby Ski mask ready » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Commissioner here. New league, 1st season. Got a problematic owner who I knew in my gut I should have replaced prior to the draft, but didn't... After the draft then I REALLY new he should have been replaced. Still didn't..... Now were here at week 3. He's made it known he isn't planning on sticking around, and making tons of trades with his team. Some good, some questionable. Obviously making a run to win now. Question is, he's made it known he isn't going to be around. He's been the center of some league problems already. He's paid this yr, but not in good league standing financially because of future draft picks he's already traded. I'm worried about what the state will his team be in if I wait to find a replacement owner until next yr. More than half of our owners have said cut losses and move on, with finding a replacement. The Bylaws allow us to vote an owner out at anytime with a minimum of 8 of the possible 12 votes.

Do I put it to league vote now or just wait till he decides he's done??

Just to be fair, he technically hasn't broken any rules besides not being in good standing financially with league structure, along with everything else stated above.....
Team 1: 12 Team PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"
https://www43.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =07&F=0001

Team 2: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

Team 3: 12 Team Salary/Contract, PPR, IDP Dynasty 40 Man Roster"

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Re: Wrong forum but need league advice pls

Postby saw061600 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:01 pm

I like when the commish has to approve trades, even if they never stop a trade from going through unless there is a violation. In this case, IF the by-laws state you have to be paid for the year of draft picks being traded, then the trades involving future picks wouldn't have been processed since the owner is in violation.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:24 pm

you should put a rule in place that if an owner trades a 1st one year out, they owe at least half of next season fees...
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Those stipulations are in place. Future trades picks must be accompanied with payment in full for said yr. it’s not that the picks he’s traded are a problem, although he still haven’t paid for next yr. It’s just the dude in general. He’s made it clear he’s only in it for the yr and quiting. Do I get ahead of this and replace him or just let him run the team possibly into the ground??

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Your rules make it simple. If he trades a draft pick of a year, he either has to pay for that year: or not make that trade. Undo his trades involving that year's picks and after this year he's gone, and his team for a new owner won't be in too horrible of shape since it'll have all the picks.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Nothing wrong with going for broke this year as long as he follows the already set rules with trading future picks. If he hasn't paid for future years then he can't trade that pick. Keep it simple.

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 pm

I'm confused. So your rules DO stipulate that some form of payment must be made towards next season if future draft picks are traded, but you allowed trades to go thru without the payment being made? That's not his fault. That's your fault, and very bad commish-ing on your part. He has done nothing wrong up to this point and should not be kicked out of the league mid season. He has paid for this year and can run his team as he sees fit. And, no, you cannot and should not reverse the trades after the fact, especially if the trades happened in previous weeks with the players already playing on their new teams. Now you're involving changing the weekly scores, and subsequently, the possible outcomes that are already final. Seriously not trying to be a dick, but you never should have allowed the trades to go thru in the 1st place without future payment. This is on you. This type of scenario is the exact reason you have those rules in your by-laws to begin with. No point in having them if you're not going to enforce them.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

Ski mask ready
Starter
Starter

Postby Ski mask ready » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 am

this is not about the trading of his future draft picks, or failure to pay for 2018 in which he traded those picks away.

This is about the several statements he's made about not playing after this year. Given he's made it clear he doesn't plan on playing past this yr or next, should I remove him now before there are anymore trades made with his team? As commissioner I see it being a conflict of interest for everyone else in our league knowing an owner is not going to be around to own the mess he is making with his team, and he's actively making moves that will affect our ability to find a replacement owner for his team based on personal and assets.

The guy is going to quit. Do I let him continue to change the landscape of a team he's going to bail on. That affects everyone in my league when he bails. Especially if the team will take several years to turn around.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:59 am

derekhiny wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 pm I'm confused. So your rules DO stipulate that some form of payment must be made towards next season if future draft picks are traded, but you allowed trades to go thru without the payment being made? That's not his fault. That's your fault, and very bad commish-ing on your part. He has done nothing wrong up to this point and should not be kicked out of the league mid season. He has paid for this year and can run his team as he sees fit. And, no, you cannot and should not reverse the trades after the fact, especially if the trades happened in previous weeks with the players already playing on their new teams. Now you're involving changing the weekly scores, and subsequently, the possible outcomes that are already final. Seriously not trying to be a dick, but you never should have allowed the trades to go thru in the 1st place without future payment. This is on you. This type of scenario is the exact reason you have those rules in your by-laws to begin with. No point in having them if you're not going to enforce them.
Long time commish here, have to unfortunately agree completely with this. The lack of rule enforcement has brought about the issues, far more so than an owner leaving.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:14 am

Ski mask ready wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 am this is not about the trading of his future draft picks, or failure to pay for 2018 in which he traded those picks away.

This is about the several statements he's made about not playing after this year. Given he's made it clear he doesn't plan on playing past this yr or next, should I remove him now before there are anymore trades made with his team? As commissioner I see it being a conflict of interest for everyone else in our league knowing an owner is not going to be around to own the mess he is making with his team, and he's actively making moves that will affect our ability to find a replacement owner for his team based on personal and assets.

The guy is going to quit. Do I let him continue to change the landscape of a team he's going to bail on. That affects everyone in my league when he bails. Especially if the team will take several years to turn around.
You allowed the trades to go through without receiving some form of payment for next year; so, that, unfortunately, is on you as the commish. However, if you are concerned about him bailing and making trades then do not allow anymore trades to be made with him. Reach out to him and let him know he still owes money for the previous trades (he may not even know the bylaws state payment is due for any future trades made).

Stop any future trades, but don’t make changes to previous trades. If he doesn’t pay, you’ll have to ride this year out, but be prepared to have him replaced for next season.
Message me if you’d like to add some flare to your MLF dynasty leagues. Custom team graphics and more...

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:44 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:59 am
derekhiny wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:52 pm I'm confused. So your rules DO stipulate that some form of payment must be made towards next season if future draft picks are traded, but you allowed trades to go thru without the payment being made? That's not his fault. That's your fault, and very bad commish-ing on your part. He has done nothing wrong up to this point and should not be kicked out of the league mid season. He has paid for this year and can run his team as he sees fit. And, no, you cannot and should not reverse the trades after the fact, especially if the trades happened in previous weeks with the players already playing on their new teams. Now you're involving changing the weekly scores, and subsequently, the possible outcomes that are already final. Seriously not trying to be a dick, but you never should have allowed the trades to go thru in the 1st place without future payment. This is on you. This type of scenario is the exact reason you have those rules in your by-laws to begin with. No point in having them if you're not going to enforce them.
Long time commish here, have to unfortunately agree completely with this. The lack of rule enforcement has brought about the issues, far more so than an owner leaving.
Agree with this. You are saying there is a rule that members have to pay the year they trade their draft picks, tell us next years picks are already traded, and then say he hasn't paid for next year. You also state that this isn't about him trading his 2018 picks, but that is a huge reason why that team could be in shambles for someone to try to rebuild without draft picks. So I think your focus needs to shift to why didn't he pay for 2018 if he traded those picks?
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:07 am

E-A-G-L-E-S wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:14 am Reach out to him and let him know he still owes money for the previous trades (he may not even know the bylaws state payment is due for any future trades made).

Stop any future trades, but don’t make changes to previous trades. If he doesn’t pay, you’ll have to ride this year out, but be prepared to have him replaced for next season.
This
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:13 am

onetwothree wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:52 pm Nothing wrong with going for broke this year as long as he follows the already set rules with trading future picks. If he hasn't paid for future years then he can't trade that pick. Keep it simple.
THIS.

Sucks but that's just how it is...I'm in a league with a group of friends and 1-2 owners continually make horrible trades with their close friends where they think it's even and it's just garbage. Not much we can do and can't kick a close friend out of the league.

- Freeman for 1.6 and doctson (he took hunt but it was before the Ware injury)
- TY for Marshawn and a laaaate 2018 1st

That kind of stuff.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:14 am

Ski mask ready wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 am this is not about the trading of his future draft picks, or failure to pay for 2018 in which he traded those picks away.

So what if he "lies" and says he changed his mind and will be back?

As long as the trades he makes are "fair" and an attempt to win, then you need to let him play. If you can't/don't want to deal with that, then refund him his money THIS YEAR and drop him from the league. Otherwise his status next year should NOT have any bearing on his trades.

Mr.Winitall
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Mr.Winitall » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:02 pm

Going to go against the grain here and say I would strongly consider replacing him. If he has made it known he is leaving next year and is destroying the future value of the team, you are going to have trouble finding someone to take over an orphan with no value for years to come. Someone joining a dynasty league with the intention of playing 1 year and killing the future value of the team to win that year hurts the league overall and should not be in the league. At the least though, I would stop allowing him to make trades.