trade for thompson?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

trade for thompson?

Postby hord » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 am

is Thompson legit, or has it just been a fluke 3 weeks?
on one hand... he doesn't have much competition in fat man Kelley, and perine isn't really taking advantage of any of his opportunity...
on the other, where did Thompson come from... he never played like this before... I feel like he could be a nice flex... but his buying price is prob as high as it will ever be...
will this continue? or will he come back to earth
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: trade for thompson?

Postby Slackalacker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 am

hord wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 am is Thompson legit, or has it just been a fluke 3 weeks?
on one hand... he doesn't have much competition in fat man Kelley, and perine isn't really taking advantage of any of his opportunity...
on the other, where did Thompson come from... he never played like this before... I feel like he could be a nice flex... but his buying price is prob as high as it will ever be...
will this continue? or will he come back to earth
Legit? No. Fluke? Also no.

He isn't gonna be this every week, I wrote him off early as a fluke, but he seems to have carved himself a nice niche in the passing game.

I'd rank him as the #2 3rd down pass catching RB behind CMC and ahead of probably riddick. I don't think he's going to perform as a workhorse, not as long as they have Perine and Kelley on the team. I'm gonna guess that whatever you'd be willing to pay for him is not going to meet the expectations of over reactive owners as of right now, you'd be better to wait until he cools down.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:22 am

yeah the owner offered me Thompson and Hogan for landry and Riddick( team 1)... I don't really like it, but its one of those things where u hate to miss out if he does continue putting up these games... and although I know landry is by far the best player in the deal, I feel like Miami is a mess and I don't trust cutler... and I think Hogan has an awesome schedule and I could see him easily out pointing landry this year
Team #1

RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:33 am

hord wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:22 am yeah the owner offered me Thompson and Hogan for landry and Riddick( team 1)... I don't really like it, but its one of those things where u hate to miss out if he does continue putting up these games... and although I know landry is by far the best player in the deal, I feel like Miami is a mess and I don't trust cutler... and I think Hogan has an awesome schedule and I could see him easily out pointing landry this year
I think that is an easy pass.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:35 am

In my league, Cohen and Thompson were just traded straight up. The guy getting Thompson owns Perine and the guy who got Cohen owns Howard.

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:47 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:35 am In my league, Cohen and Thompson were just traded straight up. The guy getting Thompson owns Perine and the guy who got Cohen owns Howard.
yeah that seems like a trade that makes sense!
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

LaFleur42
Role Player
Role Player

Postby LaFleur42 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:58 am

I just traded my Thompson for an 18 2nd rounder. If I was contending I would keep him as he is a nice flex/bye week filler. However, I am in tear it down rebuild mode so I wanted to sell as fast as possible.
Too many to list...

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 am

LaFleur42 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:58 am I just traded my Thompson for an 18 2nd rounder. If I was contending I would keep him as he is a nice flex/bye week filler. However, I am in tear it down rebuild mode so I wanted to sell as fast as possible.
I am in win now, and believe I have the team to do it.. currently 3-0 with the most points scored... but there are 3 other teams that are quite stacked too...
only reason I consider this trade is im constantly having internal battles on who to start in my flex between landry, Watkins, carson..
if I made the trade... then I would likely just plug Watkins in there unless Thompson continues to produce like this..
I actually countered with landry Watkins Riddick for demaryius fitz and Thompson.... not sure if he will go for it
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:51 am

hord wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 am
LaFleur42 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:58 am I just traded my Thompson for an 18 2nd rounder. If I was contending I would keep him as he is a nice flex/bye week filler. However, I am in tear it down rebuild mode so I wanted to sell as fast as possible.
I am in win now, and believe I have the team to do it.. currently 3-0 with the most points scored... but there are 3 other teams that are quite stacked too...
only reason I consider this trade is im constantly having internal battles on who to start in my flex between landry, Watkins, carson..
if I made the trade... then I would likely just plug Watkins in there unless Thompson continues to produce like this..
I actually countered with landry Watkins Riddick for demaryius fitz and Thompson.... not sure if he will go for it
He'd be crazy not to, value is way on the landry/Watkins side. Not sure why you want him to accept though, demaryius/Fitz are barely an upgrade at wr in the short term (if at all) and are of course much older.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:59 am

I still feel demaryius is the safest player in the deal... I really don't understand the Watkins love on this site... everyone values the guy like he has been putting up Julio numbers... even when healthy... he has a hand full of good games... I have had him on and off for 3 years on various teams and he has been nothing but a headache...I know the talent is there... but he is already hurt again... he has to be one of the most overrated players on these forums... but that's just my opinion..
I agree.. long term, the value is on my end for sure
Team #1

TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

jojo5151
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jojo5151 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:21 pm

hord wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:59 am I still feel demaryius is the safest player in the deal... I really don't understand the Watkins love on this site... everyone values the guy like he has been putting up Julio numbers... even when healthy... he has a hand full of good games... I have had him on and off for 3 years on various teams and he has been nothing but a headache...I know the talent is there... but he is already hurt again... he has to be one of the most overrated players on these forums... but that's just my opinion..
I agree.. long term, the value is on my end for sure
The reason there is so much love for Watkins is yes the talent but also many feel like me he didn't get a chance to show what he had with that mess of a QB sitch in Buffalo. If Goff can turn into something then maybe so can Sammy.
Team 1
1 QB 12 team PPR
QB - T. Law, Carr, Browning, Stidham
RB- Chubb, Gibbs, Gibson, K. Williams, D Henderson, Dowdle
WR/TE- A. St. Brown, Higgins, K. Allen, E. Moore, B .Cooks, N. Brown, Tillman, McBride, Ferguson
Defense - Ravens, Raiders, Rams
Team 2
1QB 10 team PPR
QB - L. Jackson
RB - Pierce, Akers, Mostert, K. Williams
WR - J.Jefferson, Olave, Njigba,Dotson, E.Moore
TE - Ferguson
D- Eagles