Worried about how Bradford's knee injury impacts Cook's value

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mclilj
Role Player
Role Player

Worried about how Bradford's knee injury impacts Cook's value

Postby mclilj » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Is anyone else concerned that if Bradford misses significant time it will impact Cook's value? If Bradford's knee is reacting this poorly to 1 football game I feel it's fair to be concerned about his ability to continue playing (which is a shame because it appears he's finally in a situation where he can have some success). Between his knee and bridgewater's theres definite concern about the long term prospects of Minnesota's qb room. Minnesota's oline is below average and I don't think that offense is going to have a ton of success without a viable passing game. Do we sell cook now when his value is at what seems to be its highest in the last several months? Or do we play it longterm and hold him despite him probably having some poor statlines in the near future?

As it pertains to my team 1 in sig, RB is obviously the strength of my team and I could live with losing 1 if it means improving at wr or getting better at qb. What kind of trade should I be looking at if I was going to move him?
Team 1:
2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 3RWT 0PPR 8Teams
QBs: Brady, Wentz, Prescott, Trubisky
RBs: Gurley, Cook, Lindsay, Henry, Lewis, Hyde, Murray
WRs: Hill, Cooper, ARobinson, Sutton, Fitzgerald, TSmith(NO), Parker, Cain
TEs: Kelce, Burton, Engram
Def: Rams
K:
2019 Picks 3, 4
2020 Picks: 3, 3, 4

Team 2:
2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2WRT 1PPR 8TEAMS
QBs: Mahomes, Wentz, Lock, Carr, Mariota
WRs: MThomas, DAdams, ACooper, OBJ, Kupp, RAnderson, Renfro, Shepherd, Agholor, JMeyers
RBs: Mixon, Henry, Drake, JK Dobbins, Akers, Howard, McKinnon, Hyde, Pollard, DThompson
TEs: Waller, Engram, Graham, Eifert
K: Zeurlein
2020 Picks: 1.06 (JK Dobbins) acquired 1.09 OTC (Akers) 14 overall, 17 overall
2021 Picks: 2nd, 3rd

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Worried about how Bradford's knee injury impacts Cook's value

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:44 pm

The Vikings offense has been a FF black hole for a long time.

Cook will get more touches but will see stacked boxes. He's still a must start.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:35 pm

I wouldn't worry too much. The WRs are the ones who are going to take a big hit with Bradford's absence more than Cook. I would like to see him used more in the passing game though.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:01 pm

You're 2 games into Cook's career. Relax.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Cook's production may take a dip temporarily but his dynasty value should be fine. However you do need help in the WR department and you do have an excess of RBs. You should definitely look into a WR for a RB type trade.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates