Which WR for Mixon?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Which WR for Mixon?

Postby keebs3 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:27 am

Most the offers above seem reasonable- but I question if he'll take anything below AJG. You should be able to get some picks as well in that deal. Like you said, you have the depth at WR and I think you would be OK there without him.
Plus, your team is pretty beat up- I'm not saying you can't compete but it might be worth selling AJG now so you can get young assets, have your studs back next year, and compete while having youth. Pull a Colt's move where a good team has a bad year and snags an early pick- only to add that pick to a truly good team. Mixon will breakout at some point this year, and AJG is working with Dalton.. by time that situation improves Green could be injured or into his 30's..

I also agree that you should try and lock up this deal and make it happen today- the more games Mixon has the higher his value is going to get this season.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

tom14cat14
Captain
Captain

Postby tom14cat14 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 am

The Red Rooster wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:18 am
TaquitoPeddler wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:15 am Thanks for the great input everyone. I think I'll give an initial shot with Martavis. We actually play each other this weekend so we agreed to negotiate something after this Sunday.
There's a chance Mixon is given far more looks this weekend with a new coordinater and the offense needing a spark. It's not likely but his price may go up a bit if the volume comes this weekend. Just saying.
Also to piggy back on this the Packers ProBowl DT is out this week. So add a little more to the chance for better game.

oppy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oppy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:24 pm

A team in my league just traded Joe Mixon for DeVante Parker.

It's a 16 team PPR league and we're only required to start 1 RB, so the position is a bit devalued. The Mixon owner already had Gurley but was running with guys like Kupp and Woods as his top WRs. So take that for what it's worth.

A lot of Mixon owners are probably believers like you and just waiting for him to get his chance, but some of them just took him because a draft list said so and with him doing next to nothing so far, they may deal.

Bolt
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bolt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Tyreek or Martavis. Those are both guys that are producing now that his team might be interested in getting a hold of. I'd try selling Martavis before Tyreek.

j_thunda_
Rookie
Rookie

Postby j_thunda_ » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:27 pm

1. Do NOT trade DAVIS for Mixon -imo. Here's why. You significantly improve your odds that 1 of 2 rookies end up turning into top-fliers. Almost like hedging your bet. Try to get Mixon and Davis on the same squad.

2. There are going to be a ton of people coming at him with trade offers. If you really want him, be willing to offer up something good that will blow him away. Will you be kicking yourself for not making this happen now in a few years, when all you had to give up is some some tier 2 WR's? Which you can grab from Waiver Wire practically every other week it seems like?

3. I'd offer one of the following deals (is there an IR spot?) Sell the IR spot on Robinson to him. I personally want nothing to do with him now.

Bryant AND Robinson --> Mixon
or
Tyreek AND Bryant --> Mixon.

Spend too much time fiddling around and another owner will grab him. You won't be starting both these guys anyways.
Team 1
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1 W/R
1PPR, 12 Teams, 20 Roster Spots

QBs: C. Wentz, J. Garoppolo, L.Jackson
RBs: S. Barkley, L. Bell, C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, D. Foreman
WRs: OBJ, J. Gordon, J. Landry, C. Davis, S. Watkins, C. Sutton, S. Diggs, JuJu Smith Schuster, C. Godwin
TEs: Travis Kelce, Njoku
Def: Ravens
K: Boswell

2019 Picks: 3
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:29 pm

martavis or tyreek for me too....good luck...
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:07 pm

Davis may be the most fair offer and I'd give that for Mixon in non ppr. If you can get by for less (Parker, Bryant, Diggs) even better. I'd hold Hill.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:53 pm

what exactly has mixon done to somehow move to equal value with corey davis? he was well behind davis months ago when ppl who liked mixon thought he was gonna be a 20 carry a game guy. if anything he should be less coveted now. ppl dont make a damn lick of sense
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am

knotts4372 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:53 pm what exactly has mixon done to somehow move to equal value with corey davis? he was well behind davis months ago when ppl who liked mixon thought he was gonna be a 20 carry a game guy. if anything he should be less coveted now. ppl dont make a damn lick of sense
Not sure what message board you were hanging out on months ago, but here on DLF, he was valued pretty much evenly with Davis and Fournette. Not sure why that would change drastically after two games.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 am

M-Dub wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 am
knotts4372 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:53 pm what exactly has mixon done to somehow move to equal value with corey davis? he was well behind davis months ago when ppl who liked mixon thought he was gonna be a 20 carry a game guy. if anything he should be less coveted now. ppl dont make a damn lick of sense
Not sure what message board you were hanging out on months ago, but here on DLF, he was valued pretty much evenly with Davis and Fournette. Not sure why that would change drastically after two games.
In the mizelle rookie data, which is populated fully by members here on DLF, Mixon was 4th in ADP with a pretty large gap between him and Davis/Fournette.

http://www.mizelle.net/mfl/2017/rookies/index.php
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Mixon looking pretty good today; except for that last play where he peeled out and fell over.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:56 pm

He looked fantastic today.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 pm

I am a huuuge Mixon fan. DO NOT trade away Davis for Mixon. DO NOT. That is the stupidest advice you can read here. Do as the others have said, MB or Tyreek.

MichaelScarn
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MichaelScarn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:38 pm

I wouldn't take either of them straight up, and this is coming from a big Tyreek supporter.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR
QB: Herbert/Cousins/Fitz/Z Wilson
RB: Barkley/Dobbins/Gibson/Dillon/Etienne/Edmonds/Michel/Lindsay/Kelley/T Jones/Evans/Hyde
WR: Robinson/Moore/Sutton/Boyd/Gallup/Slayton/Harry//R Moore/Eskridge/A St. Brown/Collins
TE: Goedert/Thomas/Njoku/Pitts

10 Team Standard
QB: Herbert/Hurts
RB: A Jones/Sanders/Akers/Hunt/Fournette/McKissic/Snell
WR: Hill/Hopkins/Evans/JuJu/Thielen/Parker/Shenault/Hamler/Edwards/D Smith/E Moore
TE: Fant/Goedert/Ertz/Howard

TaquitoPeddler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TaquitoPeddler » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Yep, Mixon looked pretty good... unfortunately.
I did end up trying to push for a trade before Sunday offering either Bryant or Tyreek but he insisted on waiting to see how things went this week. I then tried to offer combinations that involved Parker or Allen but he still insisted on tabling it until after the weekend. Not sure if he's waivering on having Mixon on the block. This league tends to be overly cautious when it come to trades.

Some of these Corey Davis comments are interesting. One for one wouldn't work since I definitely see Davis as the higher value long term... and I would assume the other owner thinks the opposite since he took Mixon two spots before I picked Davis in our rookie draft.