Where do I go next? (Edited to reflect a new offer)

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Where do I go next? (Edited to reflect a new offer)

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:05 pm

I don't know what's going on with my league mates, but I'm getting ridiculous offers. The most recent is my Lynch for his Mixon. He sees himself as a contender this year and is not a Mixon believer, so I kinda see why he's offering it. Still, it's a no-brainer for me on value. EDIT: TO BE CLEAR, I AM OBVIOUSLY ACCEPTING IT.

My question is, then, where does that leave me for this year? My team is in my signature. My WRs are stacked, both for this year and the next few. My RBs would turn into one clear top 5 guy and a bunch of hopefuls. I have no QB, and my TEs are questionable at the moment. Would you still consider this a champion calibre team in a 10 team league? Or should trading for Mixon put me on a path for next year?

UPDATE: Skip here to see the new offer I'm asking help with.

UPDATE 2: Offer pulled. Other trade agreed to. Thanks everyone!
Last edited by MontrealBen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CM21VE
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: An offer I can't refuse, but where do I go next?

Postby CM21VE » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Take it and run
Team 1 (12 team

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Take it! You start 2 RBs. Between Doug, Mixon and Kamara your RB2 slot will be fine.
Message me if you’d like to add some flare to your MLF dynasty leagues. Custom team graphics and more...

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:11 pm

This is a huge win for you. Accept now. Mixon might be outproducing Lynch by the end of this season. If not, Allen and Martin should get you by this year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:11 pm

This is a huge win for you. Accept now. Mixon might be outproducing Lynch by the end of this season. If not, Allen and Martin should get you by this year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:24 pm

I do think it hurts your competitiveness this year, but you're right when you say this offer is too good to refuse
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:36 pm

I hope you already took it before the other guy wises up. I also think Mixon will be outscoring Lynch (if he even stays healthy) by week 6ish.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Crazy indeed; crazy good for you!
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Hollywood
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Hollywood » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:36 pm

I am not sure Lynch will be that good this year any way. You will probably break even this year and definitely come out in the future.
Team 1 (superlex):
QB: Mahommes, Geno, Cousins, Ridder
RB: CMC, Javonte, Allgeier
WR: K. Allen, Metcalf, D. Smith, Ridley, Bateman, Burks, Wan'Dale
TE: Higbee

Team 2:
QB: Aaron Rodger, Watson
RB: Alvin Kamara, Zeke, D. Henderson, Mostert, Cohen, Jamaal Williams
WR: Metcalf, AJ Brown, Alen Robinson, Crowder, Lazard
TE: Mark Andrews, Trautman

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 pm

After next week, you get Martin back. I don't think he is much of a step down from Lynch, and as others said, Mixon is probably a step up by the end of the year. Buck Allen also looks like a solid start for the next couple of weeks. Start Allen this week, and monitor the situation of Kamara and Mixon for week 4. You have plenty of ways to get a good RB2 from your current crop after taking this trade.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks all. I've told the other guy I'll accept it. We'll see if it comes through.

Here's where the "next" seems to be -- the David Johnson owner is willing to sell. Since he needs a true #1 WR as well (he still has Zeke), I suggested Dez+something for DJ. His offer is Dez+Hogan+Martin for DJ and Kizer.

Two thoughts:
(1) He also has Brees and Cam at QB, so I'm thinking of adding something to try to get one of them instead of Kizer.
(2) Would it be unreasonable to ask to take Martin out and put in Gio, or even Perkins+pick? Again, I'm worried about depleting my RBs to the point where it's hard to start someone (I'd be at Gordon, Mixon, Kamara, Allen, Gio, Perkins, Perine).

Thanks in advance for any input you've got!

tyson
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby tyson » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:13 pm

This was best case scenario with owning lynch. getting top end 1st round value for him before he retires again this offseason. I say you start buck allen as west looks banged up, then next week you can decide between mixon (if his role has increased), buck allen (if he puts up a couple tds) or doug martin (who should immediately reclaim his starting role)
also, start ertz over eifert. he finally figured it out before week 12, and wentz loves the dude. cincinnati offense is atrocious right now and the only guy i currently trust is AJG

you should be a contender imo
Chicago Fire
10-Team PPR IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex
QB: Brees, Wentz, Baker, Hurts
RB: Barkley, Damien Harris, Sony Michel, Malcolm Brown, Damien Williams, Boston Scott, Darwin, Bryce Love
WR: Evans, Allen Robinson, Lamb, Sutton, Hilton, Boyd, Anthony Miller, JJAW
TE: Ertz, Higbee
DL: Chase Young, Donald, Watt, Ingram,
LB: Devin Bush, Blake Martinez, TJ Watt
DB: Mathieu, Mike Hilton
Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Tijuana Tidal Wave
10-Team PPR IDP
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Def Flex
QB: Josh Allen, Brees, Roethlisberger, Tua, Hurts
RB: Zeke, Mixon, Henry, DJ, Latavius, Cohen, Jamaal Williams, Justin Jackson, Boston Scott, Eno Benjamin
WR: Julio, Evans, JuJu, Sutton, Mike Williams, Anthony Miller
TE: Higbee, Gronk
DL: Demarcus Lawrence, Josh Allen, Aldon Smith, Akiem Hicks
LB: Joe Schobert, Jamie Collins, LVE, Nate Gerry, Joe Thomas
DB: Tyrann Mathieu, Marlon Humphrey
Picks: 2nd, 4th

chalorpas
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chalorpas » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 am

MontrealBen wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 pm Thanks all. I've told the other guy I'll accept it. We'll see if it comes through.

Here's where the "next" seems to be -- the David Johnson owner is willing to sell. Since he needs a true #1 WR as well (he still has Zeke), I suggested Dez+something for DJ. His offer is Dez+Hogan+Martin for DJ and Kizer.

Two thoughts:
(1) He also has Brees and Cam at QB, so I'm thinking of adding something to try to get one of them instead of Kizer.
(2) Would it be unreasonable to ask to take Martin out and put in Gio, or even Perkins+pick? Again, I'm worried about depleting my RBs to the point where it's hard to start someone (I'd be at Gordon, Mixon, Kamara, Allen, Gio, Perkins, Perine).

That's really good value to get DJ. I'd take that.

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:10 am

What path this leads you on is completely irrelevant in this situation. This is the equivalent of someone offering you a $100 bill for the two quarters in your pocket. Who cares what this means for your retirement plan - you take the damn $100 bill and wish the other sucker well.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:24 am

cvbuc wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:10 am What path this leads you on is completely irrelevant in this situation. This is the equivalent of someone offering you a $100 bill for the two quarters in your pocket. Who cares what this means for your retirement plan - you take the damn $100 bill and wish the other sucker well.
:roll: I clearly said I was taking it because the value was too good to pass up. I was (and am) asking for input on where that leaves my roster afterward, to make sure that I'm not convincing myself that my team is capable of something its not.
chalorpas wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 am
MontrealBen wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 pm Thanks all. I've told the other guy I'll accept it. We'll see if it comes through.

Two thoughts:

That's really good value to get DJ. I'd take that.
Thanks. Anyone else?