Golladay/late 1st for Hunter Henry

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Sou1Ca1iber
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Golladay/late 1st for Hunter Henry

Postby Sou1Ca1iber » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:50 am

Trying to get a TE that can produce now, yet still has a lot of youth and upside. Is a late 1st and golladay too much? Too little?

Thanks

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Golladay/late 1st for Hunter Henry

Postby The Red Rooster » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:03 am

Seems a little heavy to me...but, I like Golladay more than most long term. Golladay has a lot of hype right now, you can probably start with Golladay for Henry straight up and see how he responds (he wont accept, but, its a reasonable starting point imo and you could see what his counter is).

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:30 am

I'd probably pay that for Hunter.

Kthomas89
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Kthomas89 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:22 am

As a Hunter owner and a big fan of his, I would feel this would be a fair trade. I'm not too big on Golladay but throwing in the 1st rounder is enough to get me to agree.
16 team PPR 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
QB: Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer
RB: Le'Veon Bell, David Johnson, Spencer Ware, Darren Sproles, Shane Vereen, Wendell Smallwood, DeAndre Washington, Eddie Lacy
WR: Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Michael Floyd, Chris Hogan, Malcolm Mitchell, Chad Hansen, Chris Godwin
TE: Hunter Henry, Jermaine Gresham, Ladarius Green, Gerald Everett

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am

any 1st for hunter is a good trade for his owner. your overpaying, but thats what it takes to get your guys.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:52 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am any 1st for hunter is a good trade for his owner. your overpaying, but thats what it takes to get your guys.
I don't understand why TE's get drafted in the 1st but then you can't get a 1st for a tight end later even after they flash. Doesn't make sense.

Sloth, do you avoid drafting TE's in the 1st or do you just not like Henry?
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Sou1Ca1iber
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Sou1Ca1iber » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Just one bump on this to get a couple more opinions. HH would start for me right away, but Golladay is sitting as my WR5 or so. What are people seeing as Golladay's ceiling? Is there WR1 potential there?

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:26 pm

I think that's an overpay. Hunter looks legit, but so does Golladay, and who knows about that first. Hunter and Golladay are likely both a year out from having a real impact. Both will flash one week and disappoint the next. Adding a premium to obtain something of similar value isn't worth it to me unless it's start 2 TE or TE premium.

Hollywood
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Hollywood » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 pm

I like Golladay and Hunter a lot but think they are both about equal.
I would only throw in the first round pick of Henry is the missing piece to put you over the top this year.
Team 1 (superlex):
QB: Mahommes, Geno, Cousins, Ridder
RB: CMC, Javonte, Allgeier
WR: K. Allen, Metcalf, D. Smith, Ridley, Bateman, Burks, Wan'Dale
TE: Higbee

Team 2:
QB: Aaron Rodger, Watson
RB: Alvin Kamara, Zeke, D. Henderson, Mostert, Cohen, Jamaal Williams
WR: Metcalf, AJ Brown, Alen Robinson, Crowder, Lazard
TE: Mark Andrews, Trautman

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:05 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:52 am
sloth8u wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am any 1st for hunter is a good trade for his owner. your overpaying, but thats what it takes to get your guys.
I don't understand why TE's get drafted in the 1st but then you can't get a 1st for a tight end later even after they flash. Doesn't make sense.

Sloth, do you avoid drafting TE's in the 1st or do you just not like Henry?
i would not approach te value in rookie drafts, and say that te's get drafted in the 1st round. i cant think of many te's over the last handful of years that have actually went regularly in the 1st rd. eifert and ebron come to mind. this year howard went in the 1st in all my drafts i believe, and njoku, and engram went in the 1st some. im sure that i missed someone, but thats all that come to mind right now. obviously league size matters, a 1st in a 16 teamer is different than 12 team.

i dont think there's anything wrong with paying a 1st or drafting te with a 1st personally...but also realize that by doing so...your missing out on potentially landing a guy that could carry significantly more value. just an example, but there are some oj howard owners out there that passed on hunt. there are owners who gave a future 1st in the 2016 season for a te, only to find that they missed out on a solid prospect this year....you get the idea. would you rather a top 1/2 rookie 2017 or nearly any te right now? its just the nature of the game and talent comming in to the league each year. if you would like to buy a te with a 1st...its best to wait and see what pick it is and who is available before giving the 1st.

my general philosophy is to look to buy te's with late picks (outside the top 15). all the "big name" and/or solid startable option guys have carried that kind of value in recent years. you could own a solid te for that price and cheaper in most instances and never had to draft one. even gronk could be had for a late 1st a few years back.

i dont think that an owner who has a te that has flashed is in the wrong to ask for a 1st. most ask for a 1st plus in most instances and end up having to decide about selling for the 1 if they can get it. we also have to realize that most owners can afford to give a te for a 1st because they have other startable options. the te position in general turns in to a name game when it comes to value. you only start 1 in most leagues....this works just like qb value for the most part. especially so as te's become more involved in the offence's today.

just a random observation, but in my several leagues....i find that in general, te value is the classic case of an owner overvaluing his piece's when it comes to the position. im guilty of it. i own "high end" te's (multiple) on nearly all my teams. i bought low, they blew up...i overvalue them compared to what leaguemates will pay when they come knocking....and i have nice value just sitting on my bench.

in terms of henry, i like him, and in fact traded kelce for henry, future 1, and some fluff after week 1 in a mini rebuild i have going.

in fairness, i will admit that i traded for kelce a few weeks prior to the season (in another league) when i was set at te, but the value was just too good to pass up imo, future 1st, prich, and everett. not a move that i was thrilled about making in this rebuild...but it is year 3 and i had acquired diggs and landry already this offseason. if things go south....i can likely recoup some value here and continue to build if need be at simply the expense of prich and everett, although i will likely be out my own 2018 1st.

its hard to say if this is a deal that i would make without knowing the op's team or situation. he can realistically go out and get someone for cheaper if he wants in most instances. on the flip side, i know how owners value their own players....and he may not want to move henry for this (especially if he needs him, in his eyes)....which i would not add anything.